6-Year Old Boy Raises $10,000 to treat Father's Cancer - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Go Back   Naruto Forums > Downtown Konoha > The NF Café

Old 04-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
Patchouli
of the Rebellion

Patchouli is pretty cutePatchouli is pretty cutePatchouli is pretty cutePatchouli is pretty cutePatchouli is pretty cutePatchouli is pretty cutePatchouli is pretty cutePatchouli is pretty cutePatchouli is pretty cutePatchouli is pretty cutePatchouli is pretty cute
Default 6-Year Old Boy Raises $10,000 to treat Father's Cancer

Quote:
Drew Cox knows how to make lemonade out of lemons – and then some.

The 6-year-old Gladewater, Texas, boy reportedly took in more than $10,000 in one day at a lemonade stand he set up to raise money for his sick dad.

Randy Cox was diagnosed with seminoma earlier this year, according to KLTV. That’s typically a type of testicular cancer, but in Cox’s case it’s non-testicular and tumors appeared in his chest and elsewhere in his body, colleagues say. The condition is treatable with chemotherapy.

Drew said he felt sad and wanted to help his father with medical bills.

“He is so important to me. We like to play with each other. Lots of times we like to play games," Drew told KLTV.

Randy Cox says he has medical insurance but still will have to pay thousands of dollars in medical costs out of pocket.

“You know it almost made me cry. It's nice knowing that my kids care so much for me," Randy said of his son’s business venture.

Drew opened his stand for business outside his home on Saturday morning, charging 25 cents a cup. Word of his benevolent venture spread quickly, with some customers coming from dozens of miles away. One person wrote a $5,000 check and by the end of the day, Drew raised more than $10,000, his family told KLTV.

Drew isn’t the only one raising money for his dad. Tameka Royal, a longtime friend of Randy Cox, has set up a website account, www.giveforward.com/randycox, to solicit contributions for the family, which includes Randy and his wife, Tonya Cooley Cox, and three boys: Drew, 6, Jake, 4, and Micah, 7 months.

“Randy and I have been friends for a long time because we went to school together at Sabine High School,” Royal told msnbc.com in an email. “His wife and I have been friends since we were 6 years old from dance class. When I heard of his cancer, I immediately began to pray for him and his family. I asked God to give me direction as to how to help them and get others to help this wonderful family.”
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...icken-dad?lite

Video at source.

Patchouli is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 04-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
MinatoRider
Rider
ANBU Recruit

MinatoRider is a guardian of the faithMinatoRider is a guardian of the faithMinatoRider is a guardian of the faithMinatoRider is a guardian of the faithMinatoRider is a guardian of the faithMinatoRider is a guardian of the faithMinatoRider is a guardian of the faithMinatoRider is a guardian of the faithMinatoRider is a guardian of the faithMinatoRider is a guardian of the faithMinatoRider is a guardian of the faith

Awesome kid

MinatoRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
Stunna
Sith Lord

Stunna has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to Stunna

Wasn't there a thread about this?

Stunna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
Patchouli
of the Rebellion

Patchouli is pretty cutePatchouli is pretty cutePatchouli is pretty cutePatchouli is pretty cutePatchouli is pretty cutePatchouli is pretty cutePatchouli is pretty cutePatchouli is pretty cutePatchouli is pretty cutePatchouli is pretty cutePatchouli is pretty cute

Didn't notice that this article is from the 17th.

There very well may be one already.

Patchouli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #5
MasterSitsu
angle's dark assassin
S-Class Missing-nin

MasterSitsu is LuminaryMasterSitsu is LuminaryMasterSitsu is LuminaryMasterSitsu is LuminaryMasterSitsu is LuminaryMasterSitsu is LuminaryMasterSitsu is LuminaryMasterSitsu is LuminaryMasterSitsu is LuminaryMasterSitsu is LuminaryMasterSitsu is Luminary

Does it state what type of cancer it is.

MasterSitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
Nice Dynamite
The Gent
God of Shinobi

Nice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareil

We already had a thread about this recently 2 weeks ago.

Nice Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #7
Circe
WONGA

Circe has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Circe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSitsu View Post
Does it state what type of cancer it is.
Quote:
Randy Cox was diagnosed with seminoma earlier this year, according to KLTV. That’s typically a type of testicular cancer, but in Cox’s case it’s non-testicular and tumors appeared in his chest and elsewhere in his body, colleagues say.

Circe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #8
ImperatorMortis
Doesn't want a Custom Title
ANBU Captain

ImperatorMortis is CelestialImperatorMortis is CelestialImperatorMortis is CelestialImperatorMortis is CelestialImperatorMortis is CelestialImperatorMortis is CelestialImperatorMortis is CelestialImperatorMortis is CelestialImperatorMortis is CelestialImperatorMortis is CelestialImperatorMortis is Celestial

Best. Son. Ever.

ImperatorMortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #9
birabudo
BIRABUDO
Genin

birabudo is a glorious beacon of lightbirabudo is a glorious beacon of lightbirabudo is a glorious beacon of lightbirabudo is a glorious beacon of lightbirabudo is a glorious beacon of lightbirabudo is a glorious beacon of lightbirabudo is a glorious beacon of lightbirabudo is a glorious beacon of lightbirabudo is a glorious beacon of lightbirabudo is a glorious beacon of lightbirabudo is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone else think of breaking bad when they saw the title.

birabudo is offline   Reply With Quote