• Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Mall > Tech Hub

Old 04-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
Goova
/

Goova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is Rapturous
Default Looking for Desktop for around 500$

My target games are Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, and Dota 2. My current laptop can barely run Diablo 3 online(very laggy), and Starcraft 2 can get pretty laggy as well, along with Dota2. I play all these games currently on the lowest settings, and I don't much care for playing these games on high settings or even good settings. My focus is to play these games online without lag on low or medium settings, and I have no urge to play games like Battlefield 3 or Crysis 2. So with that said, can someone recommend a gaming rig that is around 500$ that can play these games efficiently at low or medium graphics?

I'm looking for pre-made stuff, I'm not going to build a computer. And I'm hoping this is possible and I don't have to spend much more(I have 1000$), and it should be, because my 3 year old laptop that was never a gaming laptop, and has a crappy cpu and gpu(like really crappy 5 year old crap), can play these games already(albeit lag in Diablo 3 and Dota 2, with little lag in Starcraft 2 unless I'm in a custom game that is taxing).

Thanks if anyone responds.

Goova is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 04-23-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
1mmortal 1tachi
† Learn, Adapt, Change
Hokage

1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil

AFAIK, http://newegg.com has the most affordable gaming desktops.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227392

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883229285

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883229300

1mmortal 1tachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:33 AM   #3
Goova
/

Goova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is Rapturous

That first one seems like a good deal. It doesn't seem to come with a monitor though

Old 04-23-2012, 01:51 AM   #4
Goova
/

Man, shouldn't there be cheap desktops and monitors? Like monitors under 100 bucks, all these 20 inch 130$ monitors i find, I am content with like a 16 inch monitor. I don't need something that can play SC2 at high or ultra graphics, just low or medium at 30 fps. that shouldnt be over 500 bucks along with a monitor.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:08 AM   #5
1mmortal 1tachi
† Learn, Adapt, Change
Hokage

1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil1mmortal 1tachi est le sans pareil

These guys have the lowest priced monitors I know of... can't say I've spent much time looking for affordable monitors, though.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...66_58810_47499

Old 04-23-2012, 02:28 AM   #6
Goova
/

AMD Athlon II Dual-Core M300, 3gb ram, AMD M880g with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200.

my current specs. Now tell me, isn't anything i could buy, better then this?

Old 04-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
Hunter

Hunter is TranscendentHunter is TranscendentHunter is TranscendentHunter is TranscendentHunter is TranscendentHunter is TranscendentHunter is TranscendentHunter is TranscendentHunter is TranscendentHunter is TranscendentHunter is Transcendent

Your best bet is to buy a Laptop due to needing a screen. Unless you can find a desktop around newegg or tiger for $300-450 with an AMD APU or Sandy Bridge. What's your limit is it exactly $500 or can you go up a little more?

Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #8
Goova
/

i have 1000$ but prefer to only spend 500.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #9
nekroturkey
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Academy Teacher

nekroturkey is Celestialnekroturkey is Celestialnekroturkey is Celestialnekroturkey is Celestialnekroturkey is Celestialnekroturkey is Celestialnekroturkey is Celestialnekroturkey is Celestialnekroturkey is Celestialnekroturkey is Celestialnekroturkey is Celestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goova View Post
i have 1000$ but prefer to only spend 500.
For $500, you won't be able to get anything a whole lot better than what you currently have if you plan on getting a monitor as well.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

http://www.ibuypower.com/

http://lucomputers.com/site

The above websites let you customize a PC with the parts that you want and then they build it for you. If you'd be willing to spend $600-$700, then we could recommend some configurations that should be able to meet your needs. However, if you're adamantly against spending anything more than $500, then I'd recommend just getting another laptop as well. Any laptop you get for $500 will only be a small upgrade from what you currently have though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834215257

This laptop has a couple good reviews. One guy is able to run Warcraft/LoL at about ~25-35 frames on high settings, while another guy is able to run BF3 on low settings at about ~35 frames.

nekroturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #10
Goova
/

Wow, that's a good laptop, thanks, I might actually purchase that.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #11
Hunter

Hunter is TranscendentHunter is TranscendentHunter is TranscendentHunter is TranscendentHunter is TranscendentHunter is TranscendentHunter is TranscendentHunter is TranscendentHunter is TranscendentHunter is TranscendentHunter is Transcendent

Quote:
Wow, that's a good laptop, thanks, I might actually purchase that.
Other users have reported being to run Skyrim at med-high settings, but try finding one from another brand like Asus or Lenovo Thinkpad for reliability.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #12
1mmortal 1tachi
† Learn, Adapt, Change
Hokage

I would shell out an extra $50 - $100 for the desktop.
  • Double your RAM. 4 GB -> 8 GB.
  • Near Close to double FPS. 6670 graphcis card offers near 2x superior performance over that laptop.
  • Other specs are vastly improved if not doubled.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #13
Goova
/

I'll think about it. I'm cautious on splurging my money, don't want to spend it too fast like I usually do.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #14
Hunter

Quote:
I'll think about it. I'm cautious on splurging my money, don't want to spend it too fast like I usually do.
Understandable; but if you want to, you could wait a few months for the new Ivy Bridge Laptops that are pretty good with graphics.