• Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Naruto Music
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Mall > Literature Department

Old 04-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #41
choco bao bao

choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nae'blis View Post
Tyrion being Aerys' son through rape.

It is just people wanting their favourite character to be a Targaryen. Because how kewl would it be if the three main characters were Targaryens?
Three main characters, three dragon-riders.

Perfect.

choco bao bao is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 04-19-2012, 01:20 AM   #42
Nae'blis
team klaus

Nae'blis has disabled reputation

I vomit at the thought.

Nae'blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #43
Han Solo
ANBU
Hokage

Han Solo is RapturousHan Solo is RapturousHan Solo is RapturousHan Solo is RapturousHan Solo is RapturousHan Solo is RapturousHan Solo is RapturousHan Solo is RapturousHan Solo is RapturousHan Solo is RapturousHan Solo is Rapturous

Quote:
I vomit at the thought.
Yep, that'd be fucking awful.

Han Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #44
Spike_Shrike
Whirlwind
Elite Teacher

Spike_Shrike is CelestialSpike_Shrike is CelestialSpike_Shrike is CelestialSpike_Shrike is CelestialSpike_Shrike is CelestialSpike_Shrike is CelestialSpike_Shrike is CelestialSpike_Shrike is CelestialSpike_Shrike is CelestialSpike_Shrike is CelestialSpike_Shrike is Celestial

I really can't think of a worse ''twist''.

Spike_Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #45
DemonDragonJ
Hail Hydra!
Hokage

Location: lurking in the shadows, waiting for the opportunity to strike
DemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is Elysian

Yes, I also agree the the idea of Tyrion somehow being a Targaryen would be a very foolish idea; the tension between him and his father was a very awesome aspect of his character, and such a twist would greatly undermine it, in my mind.

DemonDragonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #46
Nae'blis
team klaus

But as Genna Lannister said to Jaime, "Tyrion is Tywin's true son". I'm not sure how prodigious Tywin was as a fighter, but all his cunning and more went to Tyrion.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:25 AM   #47
DemonDragonJ
Hail Hydra!
Hokage

Location: lurking in the shadows, waiting for the opportunity to strike
DemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is Elysian

Quote:
But as Genna Lannister said to Jaime, "Tyrion is Tywin's true son". I'm not sure how prodigious Tywin was as a fighter, but all his cunning and more went to Tyrion.
Yes, indeed; I believe that Tywin and Tyrion were actually very similar to each other, although neither of them would ever admit it.

DemonDragonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #48
josh101
SAS
Jinchuuriki

josh101 is Elysianjosh101 is Elysianjosh101 is Elysianjosh101 is Elysianjosh101 is Elysianjosh101 is Elysianjosh101 is Elysianjosh101 is Elysianjosh101 is Elysianjosh101 is Elysianjosh101 is Elysian

Oh shit. About a third of the way into the second book and I'm surprised at the turn's it took. I thought the dragons at the end of first book were about as "fantasy" as the series would get, but damn.

Giving birth to murderous shadows... wut. And that Jaqen guy is fucking awesome. Loving it so far

I hope Theon dies a fiery death, little bastard. Hopefully will finish it tomorrow, all though I ordered the third books and they haven't come yet, and I don't trust the postal network over here.

josh101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #49
Nae'blis
team klaus

I guess the Others in the prologue were not enough.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:18 PM   #50
choco bao bao

choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!choco bao bao broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh101 View Post
I hope Theon dies a fiery death, little bastard. Hopefully will finish it tomorrow, all though I ordered the third books and they haven't come yet, and I don't trust the postal network over here.
Don't say that too soon

Glad you're enjoying them! :3

Old 04-22-2012, 11:35 PM   #51
Nae'blis
team klaus

Theon was awesome once he arrived in Pyke. Or maybe a bit during the journey. Between the journey to Pyke and the dinner with his father, best moments. I loved his conversation with his sister before he knew who she was. After that all turns to shit.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #52
martryn
Dick in hand

martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!
Send a message via MSN to martryn

Go incest!

martryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #53
Mr.Blonde
Valar Morghulis
Missing-nin

Mr.Blonde is AscendantMr.Blonde is AscendantMr.Blonde is AscendantMr.Blonde is AscendantMr.Blonde is AscendantMr.Blonde is AscendantMr.Blonde is AscendantMr.Blonde is AscendantMr.Blonde is AscendantMr.Blonde is AscendantMr.Blonde is Ascendant

Theon's chapters in Dance are nothing short of amazing.

Mr.Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #54
cha-uzu
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Missing-nin

cha-uzu is a guardian of the faithcha-uzu is a guardian of the faithcha-uzu is a guardian of the faithcha-uzu is a guardian of the faithcha-uzu is a guardian of the faithcha-uzu is a guardian of the faithcha-uzu is a guardian of the faithcha-uzu is a guardian of the faithcha-uzu is a guardian of the faithcha-uzu is a guardian of the faithcha-uzu is a guardian of the faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh101 View Post
A question for all you book readers and tv watchers.

I love the Game of Thrones TV show, love it, what's it like watching it after you've read the book?

Because I read the hunger games before I watched the movie, and all I could think about is what was different, whats coming up next, etc, ruined the whole movie experience for me.

So is it worth me reading the books? Will it spoil the TV show for me ( by knowing whats coming, and knowing whats different, etc ) ?
Well the books are like leagues better then the TV show to me, but I do love the show as well.

One thing thats funny is when i watch the show, it seems like its on speed! Like everything seems so much faster. I mean even the scenes. And also the things they take out and add, that they feel is good for the show isn't always good for the show. One thing is that Khal Drogo could speak the common tongue, I have no idea why he couldn't in the show.

Also the tv politics as well...

I would read the books. It doesn't spoil it for me at all because they are a bit different. And watching things play out on screen is quite nice!

cha-uzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #55
cha-uzu
Missing-nin

cha-uzu is a guardian of the faithcha-uzu is a guardian of the faithcha-uzu is a guardian of the faithcha-uzu is a guardian of the faithcha-uzu is a guardian of the faithcha-uzu is a guardian of the faithcha-uzu is a guardian of the faithcha-uzu is a guardian of the faithcha-uzu is a guardian of the faithcha-uzu is a guardian of the faithcha-uzu is a guardian of the faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarch View Post
which one is that again ?

And none of them are canon yet . I fear for R+l=J most , it's such a fan favourite that Martin may not go that way at all. He does like to do the unexpected.
Not really sure he'd change it, as he already knows how the story ends. so i don't believe he would change something like that which would probably be important to the end story. Just my opinion.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #56
cha-uzu
Missing-nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suigetsu View Post
About the fking Tv series.

Spoiler:
Am I the only one who was bothered about Melisandre being Stanni's whoe in the tv series? I feel like it took out a bit of the character of what made him stannis and made him another power hungry horny char like everyone else in the series.

Also I liked how Stanni's wife was a fanatic or Rohllr.

Also I really would like to see Dark star vs Ballon swann arghh, do you think he could write a good fight? With Dark Star winning of course.
Spoiler:
Although I thought the scene was pointless, The books hint at there being a relationship between Stannis and Melly.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #57
cha-uzu
Missing-nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
Theon's chapters in Dance are nothing short of amazing.
Exactly!

Old 04-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #58
Taleran
Bizarre Adventures
God of Shinobi

Taleran est le sans pareilTaleran est le sans pareilTaleran est le sans pareilTaleran est le sans pareilTaleran est le sans pareilTaleran est le sans pareilTaleran est le sans pareilTaleran est le sans pareilTaleran est le sans pareilTaleran est le sans pareilTaleran est le sans pareil
Send a message via AIM to Taleran

So I am 500 pages into DoD and something really irks me.

Spoiler:
The Aegon reveal seems like 11th hour plotting and an ass pull on George's part. I get that it was a tad foreshadowed in Book 1 but it is still right out of left field and adds more complications for the sake of them.

Taleran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #59
choco bao bao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taleran View Post
So I am 500 pages into DoD and something really irks me.

Spoiler:
The Aegon reveal seems like 11th hour plotting and an ass pull on George's part. I get that it was a tad foreshadowed in Book 1 but it is still right out of left field and adds more complications for the sake of them.
That got me annoyed too. It makes everything seem vague and immensely unpredictable and it just left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I’m not sure what GRRM wants to achieve here: is this a relevant twist to the overall plot or just a random plot device? I really hope it’s the former.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #60
Fierce
Meh
Jounin

Fierce is LuminaryFierce is LuminaryFierce is LuminaryFierce is LuminaryFierce is LuminaryFierce is LuminaryFierce is LuminaryFierce is LuminaryFierce is LuminaryFierce is LuminaryFierce is Luminary

It's only an ass pull if he's real. ;)

Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote