Technical problems on the board? - Page 100 - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Downtown Konoha > The Konoha Times
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #1981
Serenity
Twirling towards freedom!

Serenity has disabled reputation

The forum wouldn't connect for about 20 minutes just a while ago. Time out error message every time I tried to load a page.

Last edited by Serenity; 02-15-2012 at 02:26 AM.
NarutoForums

Old 02-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #1982
blue♥
♥Guaranteed to kick your ass♥
Kage

blue♥ is Divineblue♥ is Divineblue♥ is Divineblue♥ is Divineblue♥ is Divineblue♥ is Divineblue♥ is Divineblue♥ is Divineblue♥ is Divineblue♥ is Divineblue♥ is Divine

The page keeps glitching every time you go to a different page. It flashes the top bar for "read new Naruto chapter" down before it finishes loading.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:44 AM   #1983
Kenpachi TZ
Away

Kenpachi TZ is TranscendentKenpachi TZ is TranscendentKenpachi TZ is TranscendentKenpachi TZ is TranscendentKenpachi TZ is TranscendentKenpachi TZ is TranscendentKenpachi TZ is TranscendentKenpachi TZ is TranscendentKenpachi TZ is TranscendentKenpachi TZ is TranscendentKenpachi TZ is Transcendent

^ Noticing the same thing just today. I use Opera 11, and each page I load, when it loads a particular number of elements, the page glitches and sort of freezes.

My mouse scrolling doesn't work, all the links don't work and testing BleachAnime.org forums, I didn't suffer the same problem so there's a particular thing on a new page that makes it glitch until the page is fully loaded which takes 2-3 minutes. Unacceptable on 10 megabit connection and I know my speed is still blistering because I used a speed tester, downloaded a file in my browser and ran a torrent. All of them achieve speeds of half a meg to 1.5 meg per second.

And I got Avast with Firewall and have run my browser as the sole program to cut off interference.

Anybody know what's going on?

Old 02-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #1984
blue♥
Kage

blue♥ is Divineblue♥ is Divineblue♥ is Divineblue♥ is Divineblue♥ is Divineblue♥ is Divineblue♥ is Divineblue♥ is Divineblue♥ is Divineblue♥ is Divineblue♥ is Divine

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the top bar for the the Manga reader. Now it's more active with the "Like/Tweet It" button, plus the read button, so I think it's a webdesign problem. It also pushes my browser page down when I try to "go to next unread post", making me miss the first part of the post and I have to scroll back up. It's more annoying than anything.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #1985
Dream
Forever Flawless
Administrator

Dream ist ein ‹bermenschDream ist ein ‹bermenschDream ist ein ‹bermenschDream ist ein ‹bermenschDream ist ein ‹bermenschDream ist ein ‹bermenschDream ist ein ‹bermenschDream ist ein ‹bermenschDream ist ein ‹bermenschDream ist ein ‹bermenschDream ist ein ‹bermensch

Kenpachi TZ, try clearing the browser's cache if you haven't yet.

Quote:
It also pushes my browser page down when I try to "go to next unread post", making me miss the first part of the post and I have to scroll back up. It's more annoying than anything.
There is something off with the bar, it does seen to stretch before going back in Firefox and Opera. On the other hand there is no problem with the bar in Chrome. Which browser are you using?

Old 02-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #1986
blue♥
Kage

Firefox .

Old 02-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #1987
Dream
Forever Flawless
Administrator

Dream ist ein ‹bermenschDream ist ein ‹bermenschDream ist ein ‹bermenschDream ist ein ‹bermenschDream ist ein ‹bermenschDream ist ein ‹bermenschDream ist ein ‹bermenschDream ist ein ‹bermenschDream ist ein ‹bermenschDream ist ein ‹bermenschDream ist ein ‹bermensch

Would you be willing to download Firefox Nightly, an experimental version of Firefox, to test if the problem still exists for you in Nightly? I don't have to, in Nightly, scroll up to read the first part of the post so it's possible that Nightly will fix that problem for you.

http://nightly.mozilla.org/

If that doesn't fix it then try getting the NoScript extension along with the Adblock Plus extension if you don't have them.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #1988
Kenpachi TZ
Away

Kenpachi TZ is TranscendentKenpachi TZ is TranscendentKenpachi TZ is TranscendentKenpachi TZ is TranscendentKenpachi TZ is TranscendentKenpachi TZ is TranscendentKenpachi TZ is TranscendentKenpachi TZ is TranscendentKenpachi TZ is TranscendentKenpachi TZ is TranscendentKenpachi TZ is Transcendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue♥ View Post
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the top bar for the the Manga reader. Now it's more active with the "Like/Tweet It" button, plus the read button, so I think it's a webdesign problem. It also pushes my browser page down when I try to "go to next unread post", making me miss the first part of the post and I have to scroll back up. It's more annoying than anything.
Hmm, I cleared my cache just now just in case but the problem's been rectified before I did that. I'm guessing it's that coupled with my being stonewalled by the Great Firewall of China (as you can see, I'm in Shanghai) as that element of the page has to be blocked while the rest of the page loads.

It's never been a problem before, but if it's significantly more active, probably has to block more connections or such. But that much be pretty significant activity if 10 megabit doesn't breeze through it. I don't know, I ain't tech-savvy with web shtuffz. >.<

It seems to disappear when I have set up my proxy software into Opera (and those elements of FB/Twitter load without a problem since China ain't blocking me), but sometimes rears its annoying head when I turn my proxy off.

.... I'll keep going with my proxy (as I get more smilies with it and the photobucket pics ain't blocked), but any ideas what the root of the problem is with the further info?

Old 02-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #1989
Lightning Strike
Check my RAPM.

Lightning Strike is AscendantLightning Strike is AscendantLightning Strike is AscendantLightning Strike is AscendantLightning Strike is AscendantLightning Strike is AscendantLightning Strike is AscendantLightning Strike is AscendantLightning Strike is AscendantLightning Strike is AscendantLightning Strike is Ascendant

So we're about 25 minutes behind now on the forum clock... When is this shit going to end?

Old 02-19-2012, 11:33 PM   #1990
Dream
Forever Flawless
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strike View Post
So we're about 25 minutes behind now on the forum clock... When is this shit going to end?
No idea, Mbxx will probably fix it sometime in the next twenty years assuming that NF doesn't close before then.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #1991
Kenpachi TZ
Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strike View Post
I'm struggling to see how this is a problem. Whatever technology you're using to access the forum: smartphone, console, computer, touchpad, whatever; has a clock on it.

Or does this actually affect something here? O_o If you're talking about post times, I like it. Feels like time travel when my clock is half an hour ahead.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #1992
Dream
Forever Flawless
Administrator

Quote:
Or does this actually affect something here? O_o
It doesn't affect anything here as far as I'm aware.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #1993
Golden Circle

Golden Circle is the ne plus ultraGolden Circle is the ne plus ultraGolden Circle is the ne plus ultraGolden Circle is the ne plus ultraGolden Circle is the ne plus ultraGolden Circle is the ne plus ultraGolden Circle is the ne plus ultraGolden Circle is the ne plus ultraGolden Circle is the ne plus ultraGolden Circle is the ne plus ultraGolden Circle is the ne plus ultra

While we're on this topic: If any of you have the beta, use Tools->Web_Developer->Inspect and click on the 3D button. Tilt the site around and the insane amount of nesting for the +1 and like buttons are glaring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue♥ View Post
I installed BlockSite and put facebook.com in the blacklist. Can't exactly block google.com but it sure has sped things up again.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:47 AM   #1994
Kenpachi TZ
Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Circle View Post
While we're on this topic: If any of you have the beta, use Tools->Web_Developer->Inspect and click on the 3D button. Tilt the site around and the insane amount of nesting for the +1 and like buttons are glaring.

I installed BlockSite and put facebook.com in the blacklist. Can't exactly block google.com but it sure has sped things up again.
.... Well, I think that just makes stuff confusing. My proxy allows the Google Plus and FB stuff, and it speeds up. When I go back to getting trolled by the Great Firewall of China (thus auto-blocking both elements), the page glitches and I need to go make a sandwhich or something each time I load a page to keep busy. O_o

Old 03-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #1995
Ral
Cawwwwww

Ral is RapturousRal is RapturousRal is RapturousRal is RapturousRal is RapturousRal is RapturousRal is RapturousRal is RapturousRal is RapturousRal is RapturousRal is Rapturous
Send a message via AIM to Ral Send a message via MSN to Ral Send a message via Skype™ to Ral

Whoever has access to the server hosting aka Cpanel needs to adjust the time settings which then will reflect onto the forums.

Or ask the mysterious men working the kinks in Germany to fix it aka calling the hosting company.

Not a big problem for me since I don't care for time on anything (since it just fly's by cause I'm always busy) but for everyone else this issue should have been fixed by now.

You know...I haven't seen a spambot thread/post in ages.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #1996
Chainer
Flame of UdŻn
Hokage

Chainer is the ne plus ultraChainer is the ne plus ultraChainer is the ne plus ultraChainer is the ne plus ultraChainer is the ne plus ultraChainer is the ne plus ultraChainer is the ne plus ultraChainer is the ne plus ultraChainer is the ne plus ultraChainer is the ne plus ultraChainer is the ne plus ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ral View Post
Whoever has access to the server hosting aka Cpanel needs to adjust the time settings which then will reflect onto the forums.

Or ask the mysterious men working the kinks in Germany to fix it aka calling the hosting company.

Not a big problem for me since I don't care for time on anything (since it just fly's by cause I'm always busy) but for everyone else this issue should have been fixed by now.

You know...I haven't seen a spambot thread/post in ages.
The irony!

But yes, please fix the damnable forum clock, Mbxx.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:27 AM   #1997
Serenity
Twirling towards freedom!

Serenity has disabled reputation

A lot of the time when I go to click to go to the last page of a thread, it will actually take me to a few pages before it. Been happening a lot recently, it used to never happen.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #1998
Ceria
What does it matter?
Jinchuuriki

Ceria est le sans pareilCeria est le sans pareilCeria est le sans pareilCeria est le sans pareilCeria est le sans pareilCeria est le sans pareilCeria est le sans pareilCeria est le sans pareilCeria est le sans pareilCeria est le sans pareilCeria est le sans pareil

Yeah i've noticed a good 30 minute time difference too, but more recently i've noticed that i'm having trouble with embedded yt videos. i can click play but i cannot stop the playing no matter how many times i click pause and then the mouse key gets frozen and won't do anything for a while.

My connection's been screwed with and it's slower than normal and seems unstable.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #1999
Dream
Forever Flawless
Administrator

Quote:
but more recently i've noticed that i'm having trouble with embedded yt videos. i can click play but i cannot stop the playing no matter how many times i click pause and then the mouse key gets frozen and won't do anything for a while.
Seems more like a problem on your end, have you tried switching to another browser to see if the problem exists there as well?

Old 03-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #2000
Nazime Kazuka
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Genin

Nazime Kazuka is a glorious beacon of lightNazime Kazuka is a glorious beacon of lightNazime Kazuka is a glorious beacon of lightNazime Kazuka is a glorious beacon of lightNazime Kazuka is a glorious beacon of lightNazime Kazuka is a glorious beacon of lightNazime Kazuka is a glorious beacon of lightNazime Kazuka is a glorious beacon of lightNazime Kazuka is a glorious beacon of lightNazime Kazuka is a glorious beacon of lightNazime Kazuka is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Nazime Kazuka

Ya I noticed the glitches earlier but it seems like they have all been fixed now..

Closed Thread