Gamestop and its love hate relationships - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Sanitation > Konoha Recycling Heap > NF Archives

Old 08-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
TeenRyu
Pure Blood Dragon
S-Class Missing-nin

TeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is Celestial
Default Gamestop and its love hate relationships

Okay, im bored () and I was wondering, what do you love and what do you hate about Gamestop? I myself am an employee, so also ask me questions, etc etc I wanna know cause its so interesting to see the love n hate for them.

NarutoForums

Old 08-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
CrazyMoronX
Old Man

CrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is Eternal
Send a message via MSN to CrazyMoronX

I wouldn't say "love" persay, but I do like their 7-day return thing.

Pros:

No shipping
7-day return policy
Proximity (it's close)
Female clerks (sometimes)
Decent pre-orders

Cons:

Taxes
Selection
Prices (on used things, mostly)
Trade-in values
Not enough hot female clerks

Old 08-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
Gnome
It's Me You'll Fight

Gnome is ElysianGnome is ElysianGnome is ElysianGnome is ElysianGnome is ElysianGnome is ElysianGnome is ElysianGnome is ElysianGnome is ElysianGnome is ElysianGnome is Elysian

I hate their crappy trade-in values. I hate how they want to sell you a strategy book. I hate you.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
TeenRyu
Pure Blood Dragon
S-Class Missing-nin

TeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is Celestial

yeah, people tend to have problems with the trade in value of the game

Old 08-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #5
CrazyMoronX
Old Man

CrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is Eternal

I'll never forget that day some lady came in to trade a DS. The store offered her X amount of money for it (I think it was $25 or something, I can't recall but you'd probably know better than I). Then right after this lady left another one came in asking how much a used DS is.

$130.00 or somewhere around there.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #6
Sephiroth
Titan
God of Shinobi

Sephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is Rapturous

I like to buy from the bargin bin, well I did before I became a sky pirate.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
Kaitou

Kaitou est le sans pareilKaitou est le sans pareilKaitou est le sans pareilKaitou est le sans pareilKaitou est le sans pareilKaitou est le sans pareilKaitou est le sans pareilKaitou est le sans pareilKaitou est le sans pareilKaitou est le sans pareilKaitou est le sans pareil
Send a message via Skype™ to Kaitou

To be honest, what I hate is how you end up getting shit when you trade-in your games, but that's all.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #8
NeoKurama
Zoldyck Family

NeoKurama is AscendantNeoKurama is AscendantNeoKurama is AscendantNeoKurama is AscendantNeoKurama is AscendantNeoKurama is AscendantNeoKurama is AscendantNeoKurama is AscendantNeoKurama is AscendantNeoKurama is AscendantNeoKurama is Ascendant

I like how when I get used games they always work, unlike EB Games.

I hate how you will be put on a, "no return list".

Old 08-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #9
TeenRyu
Pure Blood Dragon
S-Class Missing-nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMoronX View Post
I'll never forget that day some lady came in to trade a DS. The store offered her X amount of money for it (I think it was $25 or something, I can't recall but you'd probably know better than I). Then right after this lady left another one came in asking how much a used DS is.

$130.00 or somewhere around there.
Well, you haft to factor in exactly how many copies of said game we'll have in used company wise; how much the system is sold used, weather there getting cash or credit, and other small factors. We can't have someone trade in a brand new game and get 50 bucks, and we sell it for 54. We only make a couple dollars in profit. Theres alot behind it, but then again it can be annoying. xD

@Neo: The no returns list is for people who try to scam the business. I've heard stories of it, and it can be quite brutal

Old 08-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #10
TeenRyu
Pure Blood Dragon
S-Class Missing-nin

ah, she may have traded in a lite, those are about 20-25 depending on cash or credit, and a hundred used; but the priced dropped, so now there 90 used I think

Old 08-03-2011, 05:24 PM   #11
CrazyMoronX
Old Man

Yeah but that's crazy. That's like 500000000000000% profit.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #12
TeenRyu
Pure Blood Dragon
S-Class Missing-nin

No, it depends. if we need to defect it out, if we got to ship it, etc etc. s much x.x

Old 08-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #13
CrazyMoronX
Old Man

It's still mad crazy, yo. From a customer perspective anyway.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #14
NeoKurama
Zoldyck Family

NeoKurama is AscendantNeoKurama is AscendantNeoKurama is AscendantNeoKurama is AscendantNeoKurama is AscendantNeoKurama is AscendantNeoKurama is AscendantNeoKurama is AscendantNeoKurama is AscendantNeoKurama is AscendantNeoKurama is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenRyu View Post
@Neo: The no returns list is for people who try to scam the business. I've heard stories of it, and it can be quite brutal
They tried to put my cousin on it once.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #15
The Boss

I hate how whenever I buy games they ask if I'm the one playing it.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #16
TeenRyu
Pure Blood Dragon
S-Class Missing-nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
I hate how whenever I buy games they ask if I'm the one playing it.
Wtf? Thats odd im not gonna lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKurama View Post
They tried to put my cousin on it once.

Teh fawk? what was the stores reasoning?

Old 08-03-2011, 06:11 PM   #17
CrazyMoronX
Old Man

I've never been asked if I was playing the game.

I do always get asked if I want to get their stupid rewards cards and memberships and magazines every time I go. Shit, man, I don't want it!

I had one guy ramble on for 10 minutes about it.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:13 PM   #18
TeenRyu
Pure Blood Dragon
S-Class Missing-nin

When your a regular, They'll bug ya. you come into my store, we'll ask you n shit of course but we'll know you and we'll let it slide xD And trust me, only get it if its gonna be worth it to you. with everything you can get with it, I have it; hell it saved me 10 bucks off my Copy of Love is over collectors Catherine but not everyone wants to get it and its understandable.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #19
CrazyMoronX
Old Man

They had this one girl there (sexy as hell) who knew me and never asked after the first time. She was the best clerk ever. Then she disappeared before I could get her number.

Later, as I was entering stalker phase, I found she had a boyfriend. I was so pissed. Good riddance.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #20
TeenRyu
Pure Blood Dragon
S-Class Missing-nin

Crazy, I swear you give me some of the best Sig Material shit