So did Kuma know the best location to the send the SH crew? - Page 3 - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > One Piece Avenue > Ohara Library

Old 08-01-2011, 12:04 AM   #41
Pacifista
PX Project
Kage

Pacifista is TranscendentPacifista is TranscendentPacifista is TranscendentPacifista is TranscendentPacifista is TranscendentPacifista is TranscendentPacifista is TranscendentPacifista is TranscendentPacifista is TranscendentPacifista is TranscendentPacifista is Transcendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pirate Hunter View Post
Why would Kuma tell him the direction rather then just saying "I sent Luffy to Amazon Lily"? Surely Luffy was on Amazon Lily at the time Kuma was speaking with Rayleigh. The only excuse for him not just giving Rayleigh the location is him not knowing.
It takes three days to travel via pad and Kuma didn't have a lot of time to tell Rayleigh all of the details. He only told him the most important stuff.

And Sentoumaru already said that only Kuma knows where people are sent via padding.

Pacifista is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 08-01-2011, 12:20 AM   #42
Lord Killer Bee
Hachibi Jinchuriki
Special Jounin

Lord Killer Bee is an honorable bastion of truthLord Killer Bee is an honorable bastion of truthLord Killer Bee is an honorable bastion of truthLord Killer Bee is an honorable bastion of truthLord Killer Bee is an honorable bastion of truthLord Killer Bee is an honorable bastion of truthLord Killer Bee is an honorable bastion of truthLord Killer Bee is an honorable bastion of truthLord Killer Bee is an honorable bastion of truthLord Killer Bee is an honorable bastion of truthLord Killer Bee is an honorable bastion of truth

Ok so here is what happened in full explanation. Kuma went to sabaody with the intentions to send the SH crew to different islands for training as he observed earlier that they werent strong enough for the new world.
So he sent...
Luffy: to an island of people who pretty much all know Haki in hope that he would learn it also
Zoro: to the island with the worlds strongest swordsmen for training
Nami: to an island where she can learn about all the New World weather patterns and enhance her techniques.
Usopp: to an island that he will get stronger and braver.
Sanji: to an island with Okamas that will chase him 24/7 to increase his leg strength
Chopper: to an island with almost unknown medical stuff.
Robin: to a place where the revolutionary army will find her (Dragon probably ordered Kuma to send her there)
Franky: to vegapunks lab.
Brook: to a place with satan worshipers.
Then after that he told Raleigh to tell Luffy the idea of training.
Also if you think he didnt know where he was sending them than its almost certain that atleast 1 of them would be sent into the ocean.

Lord Killer Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:24 AM   #43
bitspirit
Hiradar Deathbringer
Academy Teacher

bitspirit has a brilliant futurebitspirit has a brilliant futurebitspirit has a brilliant futurebitspirit has a brilliant futurebitspirit has a brilliant futurebitspirit has a brilliant futurebitspirit has a brilliant futurebitspirit has a brilliant futurebitspirit has a brilliant futurebitspirit has a brilliant futurebitspirit has a brilliant future

Quote:
Why would Kuma tell him the direction rather then just saying "I sent Luffy to Amazon Lily"? Surely Luffy was on Amazon Lily at the time Kuma was speaking with Rayleigh. The only excuse for him not just giving Rayleigh the location is him not knowing.

Maybe he was afraid the WG could learn that info too on the other hand only Rayleigh would be able to figure it out just by knowing the directions.

bitspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:31 AM   #44
The Pirate Hunter
Roronoa Zoro

The Pirate Hunter is AscendantThe Pirate Hunter is AscendantThe Pirate Hunter is AscendantThe Pirate Hunter is AscendantThe Pirate Hunter is AscendantThe Pirate Hunter is AscendantThe Pirate Hunter is AscendantThe Pirate Hunter is AscendantThe Pirate Hunter is AscendantThe Pirate Hunter is AscendantThe Pirate Hunter is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
It takes three days to travel via pad and Kuma didn't have a lot of time to tell Rayleigh all of the details.
According to you guys, Kuma knew where he was sending Luffy so it should not matter. Either he was on his way there or he was there. He should have had no problem telling Rayleigh the island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
He only told him the most important stuff
Telling Rayleigh the direction is much more important then the place
Thats like saying "My brother got on a flight going east" rather then "My brother got on a flight to japan"

Neither side is budging. Lets just agree on "We'll see"

Last edited by The Pirate Hunter; 08-01-2011 at 12:42 AM.
The Pirate Hunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:37 AM   #45
Pacifista
PX Project
Kage

Pacifista is TranscendentPacifista is TranscendentPacifista is TranscendentPacifista is TranscendentPacifista is TranscendentPacifista is TranscendentPacifista is TranscendentPacifista is TranscendentPacifista is TranscendentPacifista is TranscendentPacifista is Transcendent

Quote:
According to you guys, Kuma knew where he was sending Luffy so it should not matter. Either he was on his way there or he was there. He should have had no problem telling Rayleigh the island.

Telling Rayleigh the direction is much more important then the place
No. What's important is why he did what he did. He got to the meat of the visit instead of adding superfluous details. As we can see, Rayleigh is a smart fellow. Kuma told him the direciton he sent the Captain (the most important member) and then went straight into why he, a Shichibukai, came in to save the Straw Hats since he was limited in time. The entire time he was at Sabaody and later talking to Rayleigh he should have been at Marijoa with the other members as Kizaru said.

And again, Sentoumaru already said that only Kuma knows where the people are sent via padding.

Pacifista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:40 AM   #46
Marcellina
♥~Kawai as Fuck~♥
Sith Lord

Marcellina is a loser I can't hate!Marcellina is a loser I can't hate!Marcellina is a loser I can't hate!Marcellina is a loser I can't hate!Marcellina is a loser I can't hate!Marcellina is a loser I can't hate!Marcellina is a loser I can't hate!Marcellina is a loser I can't hate!Marcellina is a loser I can't hate!Marcellina is a loser I can't hate!Marcellina is a loser I can't hate!
Send a message via Skype™ to Marcellina

As someone else said the places they were sent to were far too perfect for it to just be a coincidence for kuma to send them flying too. It's pure logic he knew what he was doing due to his knowledge on them and his alliance with dragon to help them get out of a tough situation and have them grow stronger for the adventure ahead of them. Kuma knows where he sends people he doesn't just send them in a direction for example when he sent perona exactly where she wanted to go.

Marcellina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:45 AM   #47
otinane1000
Rookie

otinane1000 is a glorious beacon of lightotinane1000 is a glorious beacon of lightotinane1000 is a glorious beacon of lightotinane1000 is a glorious beacon of lightotinane1000 is a glorious beacon of lightotinane1000 is a glorious beacon of lightotinane1000 is a glorious beacon of lightotinane1000 is a glorious beacon of lightotinane1000 is a glorious beacon of lightotinane1000 is a glorious beacon of lightotinane1000 is a glorious beacon of light

do not you guys remeber the first time we saw kuma? he asked perona if she were to go somewhere where she would like to go?? and then she thought of a place and thats exactly the place she was sent.. now zoro always wanted to train more and more so he was automatically sent to the best place for training... nami wanted to know everything about navigation and weather and she was sent to weatheria... brook wanted to see pants and he was sent to the only place he could actually see them by asking.... usop to become brave.. chopper to expert medicine more.. sanji for cooking ( or he may be secret-gay) robin to learn more about the poneglyphs(revolution army) franky to become better cyborg . the only problem is luffy.. but he just had nothing in his mind..

otinane1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:09 AM   #48
seastone
A hidden
Hokage

seastone is Transcendentseastone is Transcendentseastone is Transcendentseastone is Transcendentseastone is Transcendentseastone is Transcendentseastone is Transcendentseastone is Transcendentseastone is Transcendentseastone is Transcendentseastone is Transcendent

It is possible but personally I do find a stretch to some degree. Most of it relied on Luffy being convinced on prolonging the date for everyone to gather together. Unless Kuma suggested that to Rayliegh. As well a lot of other random factors that lead to each of them training.

I think it is more likely that Kuma sent them to areas where the WG wouldn't find them so easily, areas where they could play to the strengths to survive and learn.

Regardless it is still a pretty insane gamble where a lot of things could have gone wrong.

Though one thing about Kuma's power which baffles me is the insane amount of precision should be needed to get from one island to another. The Grand Line hasn't been mapped so traveling airborne must be pretty difficult to get from one place to another, let alone being propelled there. Considering that being slightly off a kilometer could have resulted in Luffy's death.

Makes me wonder if Kuma has to mark the places first with his paws.

seastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #49
TheGrizzly
Smiling at death
Academy Teacher

TheGrizzly is a paragon of hopeTheGrizzly is a paragon of hopeTheGrizzly is a paragon of hopeTheGrizzly is a paragon of hopeTheGrizzly is a paragon of hopeTheGrizzly is a paragon of hopeTheGrizzly is a paragon of hopeTheGrizzly is a paragon of hopeTheGrizzly is a paragon of hopeTheGrizzly is a paragon of hopeTheGrizzly is a paragon of hope

Kuma wanted to help them, so it's kinda natural to send them to the right places.

TheGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #50
Garudo
Blackjack Pirate

Garudo is CelestialGarudo is CelestialGarudo is CelestialGarudo is CelestialGarudo is CelestialGarudo is CelestialGarudo is CelestialGarudo is CelestialGarudo is CelestialGarudo is CelestialGarudo is Celestial

I still find the place where Usopp has been send by Kuma a bit... farfetched... Why send him to an island with a lot of food, monster plants/beasts and the island itself being alive. Surely, there should've be an island with sniper possiblities. Weird...

And Usopp learning about Pop Green there and thus that being the reason Kuma send him there is also a bit farfetched, because Usopp would not have recognize those in 2 years... He did it with the help of Heracles...Speaking of... Heracles himself is also a mystery, who is he, how did he got there and was he part of a pirate crew...?

And him being send there to become brave and strong? There are more islands... Elbaf for example would be logical for Usopp...

IMO there are 2 possiblities for Usopp...

1. It was pure luck from Kuma...
2. Kuma knows about Heracles which could mean Heracles is part of the Revolution Army... Also farfetched, but still... It's possible...

Garudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:53 AM   #51
abcd
̣

abcd is Transcendentabcd is Transcendentabcd is Transcendentabcd is Transcendentabcd is Transcendentabcd is Transcendentabcd is Transcendentabcd is Transcendentabcd is Transcendentabcd is Transcendentabcd is Transcendent

I always thought that Kuma does not know where he was sending them....

The DF would send them to the places where they would like to go

Since everyone wanted to become stronger they were sent to such a location by the DF... not by kuma...

I mean HE actually asks them before touching

http://www.mangareader.net/103-2619-...apter-512.html

Probably if he asked them :"What are u scared of?" before touching them they would go to a scarier place (since they would have that in mind)

abcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:23 AM   #52
Masa
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Elite Teacher

Masa is a guardian of the faithMasa is a guardian of the faithMasa is a guardian of the faithMasa is a guardian of the faithMasa is a guardian of the faithMasa is a guardian of the faithMasa is a guardian of the faithMasa is a guardian of the faithMasa is a guardian of the faithMasa is a guardian of the faithMasa is a guardian of the faith

If Kuma didn't know where he was sending them, they would have all landed in the ocean and died. The One Piece world has too much water for Kuma to just shoot them places without knowing where they would land.

Masa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #53
Motivated
lolwut
Jounin

Motivated is LuminaryMotivated is LuminaryMotivated is LuminaryMotivated is LuminaryMotivated is LuminaryMotivated is LuminaryMotivated is LuminaryMotivated is LuminaryMotivated is LuminaryMotivated is LuminaryMotivated is Luminary

will kuma saw them getting their asses kicked, so atleast he predicted that they'll train for atleast months.

Motivated is offline   Reply With Quote