Gamestop Sucks! - Page 2 - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Sanitation > Konoha Recycling Heap > NF Archives

Old 05-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #21
~Gesy~
First Thirst Captain

~Gesy~ is Divine~Gesy~ is Divine~Gesy~ is Divine~Gesy~ is Divine~Gesy~ is Divine~Gesy~ is Divine~Gesy~ is Divine~Gesy~ is Divine~Gesy~ is Divine~Gesy~ is Divine~Gesy~ is Divine
Send a message via MSN to ~Gesy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenRyu View Post
Also remember, and this is important folks!

PICK YOUR GAMESTOPS WITH CARE There are the good ones, and the bad ones. The good ones are the ones that don't pester you or keep nagging you about so much shit, and get the job done and have fun. (Like my gamestop, we usually have the manager who keeps making jokes on the sly our our keyholder who knows just about everything) and does the gamestop you go to tell you if a game is gonna suck or be good truthfully? Thats a key factor. Choose your gamestops with care!
yeah the clerks at my gamestop are actually pretty cool. they usually to tell me about the good deals their having and are usually good help.

NarutoForums

Old 05-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #22
Roxyluv
Banned
Academy Student

Roxyluv is a paragon of hopeRoxyluv is a paragon of hopeRoxyluv is a paragon of hopeRoxyluv is a paragon of hopeRoxyluv is a paragon of hopeRoxyluv is a paragon of hopeRoxyluv is a paragon of hopeRoxyluv is a paragon of hopeRoxyluv is a paragon of hopeRoxyluv is a paragon of hopeRoxyluv is a paragon of hope

I buy games there a lot but I never to trade ins there. I usually just post up on facebook and see if anybody wants to buy them.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #23
CrazyMoronX
Old Man

CrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is Eternal
Send a message via MSN to CrazyMoronX

Quote:
Also remember, and this is important folks!

PICK YOUR GAMESTOPS WITH CARE There are the good ones, and the bad ones. The good ones are the ones that don't pester you or keep nagging you about so much shit, and get the job done and have fun. (Like my gamestop, we usually have the manager who keeps making jokes on the sly our our keyholder who knows just about everything) and does the gamestop you go to tell you if a game is gonna suck or be good truthfully? Thats a key factor. Choose your gamestops with care!

I work at gamestop so I would know, especially since we usually have customers either laughing there asses off by our antics or leaving them with a good impression.
The one around here is okay.

There used to be this really cute clerk there and then she disappeared. I wanted to bang her so bad. I would go in there just to talk to her (which, for me, means looking at her nervously never actually managing to talk to her at all).

But Gamestop in general is evil.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #24
TeenRyu
Pure Blood Dragon
S-Class Missing-nin

TeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is Celestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMoronX View Post

There used to be this really cute clerk there and then she disappeared. I wanted to bang her so bad. I would go in there just to talk to her (which, for me, means looking at her nervously never actually managing to talk to her at all).

^ Sigged

also I know there is one gamestop I know of in my district that has a really hot red head xD

Old 05-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #25
~Gesy~
First Thirst Captain

~Gesy~ is Divine~Gesy~ is Divine~Gesy~ is Divine~Gesy~ is Divine~Gesy~ is Divine~Gesy~ is Divine~Gesy~ is Divine~Gesy~ is Divine~Gesy~ is Divine~Gesy~ is Divine~Gesy~ is Divine
Send a message via MSN to ~Gesy~

Quote:

"wanna play with my joystick? "

Old 05-03-2011, 04:46 PM   #26
TeenRyu
Pure Blood Dragon
S-Class Missing-nin

TeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is CelestialTeenRyu is Celestial

^ someone had to do it

Old 05-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #27
Skywalker

Skywalker est le sans pareilSkywalker est le sans pareilSkywalker est le sans pareilSkywalker est le sans pareilSkywalker est le sans pareilSkywalker est le sans pareilSkywalker est le sans pareilSkywalker est le sans pareilSkywalker est le sans pareilSkywalker est le sans pareilSkywalker est le sans pareil

Epic rant.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #28
CrazyMoronX
Old Man

CrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is Eternal
Send a message via MSN to CrazyMoronX

Don't make fun of my plight.

Now this gamestop is a sausage party. There is this gay dude that works there that kinda looks like a girl though.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:54 PM   #29
TeenRyu
Pure Blood Dragon
S-Class Missing-nin

Quote:
Don't make fun of my plight.

Now this gamestop is a sausage party. There is this gay dude that works there that kinda looks like a girl though.
again, sigged. and That hardly compensates. thats a trap

Old 05-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #30
Jena
E. Pluribus Anus
Jinchuuriki

Jena is the ne plus ultraJena is the ne plus ultraJena is the ne plus ultraJena is the ne plus ultraJena is the ne plus ultraJena is the ne plus ultraJena is the ne plus ultraJena is the ne plus ultraJena is the ne plus ultraJena is the ne plus ultraJena is the ne plus ultra

Even if gamestop sucks, it's better than nothing.

Before the one around here opened up, buying a game meant driving all the way out to the Sam Goody at the mall, where it was a Russian roulette situation whether or not they would even have the game, and then spending a bunch of extra money because they were the devil. Selling a game meant one of three things: 1) You keep it forever because no one will buy it from you; 2) You pawn it off on a stupid friend; 3) Goodwill fodder.

Although now I buy most of my games online through Amazon. It's easier that way and I can feel like I have some kind of consumer control (i.e., the ability to click through a sea of links and choose the one with the marginally cheapest pricetag).

Old 05-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #31
Drunkenwhale
Starlit Artist
Legendary Ninja

Drunkenwhale is TranscendentDrunkenwhale is TranscendentDrunkenwhale is TranscendentDrunkenwhale is TranscendentDrunkenwhale is TranscendentDrunkenwhale is TranscendentDrunkenwhale is TranscendentDrunkenwhale is TranscendentDrunkenwhale is TranscendentDrunkenwhale is TranscendentDrunkenwhale is Transcendent

This is why I go to a small business store that has an arcade, I get more trade in there.

Of course, Gamestop was the only place to get Sonic Battle, even though I had to ask and show them that they had it because "they can't sell GBA games anymore."

Old 05-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #32
Violent By Design
The King of Violence

Violent By Design is DivineViolent By Design is DivineViolent By Design is DivineViolent By Design is DivineViolent By Design is DivineViolent By Design is DivineViolent By Design is DivineViolent By Design is DivineViolent By Design is DivineViolent By Design is DivineViolent By Design is Divine

I could relate to him perfectly when trying to get old fighting games at Gamestop. A few years ago I used to have to search the lands for hard copies of CVS2.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:21 PM   #33
TeenRyu
Pure Blood Dragon
S-Class Missing-nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent By Design View Post
I could relate to him perfectly when trying to get old fighting games at Gamestop. A few years ago I used to have to search the lands for hard copies of CVS2.
Next time you look for emerging at Gamestop tell them to search the system for the closest GS that may have it. Whichever has it (no matter where) tell them to ship it. If they don't know how to do that process give them the troll treatment and report the store. you can have gamestops ship games as long as a store has it to your local store, free of charge. Just gotta pay for it when it gets there

Old 05-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #34
Dr. Boskov Krevorkian
Knight of the Abyss

Dr. Boskov Krevorkian is pretty cuteDr. Boskov Krevorkian is pretty cuteDr. Boskov Krevorkian is pretty cuteDr. Boskov Krevorkian is pretty cuteDr. Boskov Krevorkian is pretty cuteDr. Boskov Krevorkian is pretty cuteDr. Boskov Krevorkian is pretty cuteDr. Boskov Krevorkian is pretty cuteDr. Boskov Krevorkian is pretty cuteDr. Boskov Krevorkian is pretty cuteDr. Boskov Krevorkian is pretty cute
Send a message via MSN to Dr. Boskov Krevorkian

It's amazing how many people get upset at Gamestop.

Try not being stupid.

They don't lie to you--they tell you the prices. They don't tell you can make more money if you sell them online; they don't tell you they will take your game trade and slap a 300% price jump on it from what you were paid; they don't try to sell you the cheapest and most inexpensive piece of merchandise in the store. It's a business; that's what they do.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #35
Esura
Meow meow choco-chow!

Esura is TranscendentEsura is TranscendentEsura is TranscendentEsura is TranscendentEsura is TranscendentEsura is TranscendentEsura is TranscendentEsura is TranscendentEsura is TranscendentEsura is TranscendentEsura is Transcendent
Send a message via Skype™ to Esura

Quote:
Next time you look for emerging at Gamestop tell them to search the system for the closest GS that may have it. Whichever has it (no matter where) tell them to ship it. If they don't know how to do that process give them the troll treatment and report the store. you can have gamestops ship games as long as a store has it to your local store, free of charge. Just gotta pay for it when it gets there
Wait...what?

This is a first I've ever heard. So my Gamestop, if I ask them, they can ship a game I wanted from that location to mines? I really want Metroid Prime 3 new but its not at my local GS (although its at a GS like three miles away from me).

Holy shit...you rock mayn.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #36
TeenRyu
Pure Blood Dragon
S-Class Missing-nin

Yeah. I work at Gamestop, and I do it frequently. We always have things shipped to us. Just gotta pick it up from the store and pay for it, then there's GS online.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #37
Raven Rider
Doesn't want a Custom Title
ANBU Captain

Raven Rider is CelestialRaven Rider is CelestialRaven Rider is CelestialRaven Rider is CelestialRaven Rider is CelestialRaven Rider is CelestialRaven Rider is CelestialRaven Rider is CelestialRaven Rider is CelestialRaven Rider is CelestialRaven Rider is Celestial
Send a message via MSN to Raven Rider

Quote:
Why am I just hearing this now!?

Old 05-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #38
Esura
Meow meow choco-chow!

Esura is TranscendentEsura is TranscendentEsura is TranscendentEsura is TranscendentEsura is TranscendentEsura is TranscendentEsura is TranscendentEsura is TranscendentEsura is TranscendentEsura is TranscendentEsura is Transcendent
Send a message via Skype™ to Esura

Quote:
Yeah. I work at Gamestop, and I do it frequently. We always have things shipped to us. Just gotta pick it up from the store and pay for it, then there's GS online.
Sweet.

I wonder how they'll react when I ask them.

Also, this employee at Gamestop bought the last fucking Oneechanbara for Wii....bitch. I had to order it new from Ebay.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #39
TeenRyu
Pure Blood Dragon
S-Class Missing-nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Rider View Post
Why am I just hearing this now!?
Not alot of Gamestops do it I guess. xD I've done at least 10 or so of these since i've worked at GS

Old 05-03-2011, 10:39 PM   #40
Graeme
ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴏɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟᴅᴜsᴛ

Graeme broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Graeme broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Graeme broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Graeme broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Graeme broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Graeme broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Graeme broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Graeme broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Graeme broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Graeme broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Graeme broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

When people bitch to me about the amount "I" am giving them, I say "Come back when we have a trade sale, or take it elsewhere." Not exactly a rip off when you willingly accept what you are given. And the only pro to preordering shit is if they decide to maybe give you some bonus content. Although there have been a few rare occasions where we did genuinely run out of big titles within the first 2 days.

Working there isn't so bad, granted you abuse your position. I accidentally kicked my 360 and put a circle scratch in my brother's NHL 11. I just returned it at work and replaced that shit.

The majority of my customers are cheap idiots, and don't have enough common sense to even grasp the basics of business. It humors me to see people of such low class.