So... About Strong World, can we count it on the Manga canon? [Spoilers of course] - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > One Piece Avenue > Ohara Library

Old 12-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #1
Brickhunt
Battle Franky 800
S-Class Missing-nin

Brickhunt is AscendantBrickhunt is AscendantBrickhunt is AscendantBrickhunt is AscendantBrickhunt is AscendantBrickhunt is AscendantBrickhunt is AscendantBrickhunt is AscendantBrickhunt is AscendantBrickhunt is AscendantBrickhunt is Ascendant
Send a message via MSN to Brickhunt
Default So... About Strong World, can we count it on the Manga canon? [Spoilers of course]

Well, Strong World is already out, it's awesome according to the ones that saw it, but is still debatable if it count on the manga continuity.

Usually we don't count One Piece movies neither in the manga continuity or the anime, but not only Oda wrote the movie, but he also created the canon chapter 0 that Shiki appears and explain the events of Strong World.

Personally, I see nothing stopping Strong World of being part of the Anime or Manga continuity since it could easily be placed between Thriller Bark and Shanbody Archipelago, but the lack of references on the manga makes it difficult to consider it. (maybe we'll see some characters addressing the events of Luffy vs Shiki showdown now that the Movie is out and won't spoil nothing anymore)

I tried to avoid spoiler is his thread, so unless you read the reviews, this part here is about the obvious Shiki Vs Luffy
Spoiler:
Also, Shiki who is a legendary Pirate that needed Garp and Sengoku to put him down is defeated by Luffy, I don't saw the movie, but reviews confirm that Luffy did beat him, I don't know the circumstances of their fight, but this would put a lot of discussion about Luffy's current power.

So, what you guys think?

Brickhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 12-19-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
Edward Newgate
世界最強の男
God of Shinobi

Edward Newgate est le sans pareilEdward Newgate est le sans pareilEdward Newgate est le sans pareilEdward Newgate est le sans pareilEdward Newgate est le sans pareilEdward Newgate est le sans pareilEdward Newgate est le sans pareilEdward Newgate est le sans pareilEdward Newgate est le sans pareilEdward Newgate est le sans pareilEdward Newgate est le sans pareil

Quote:
Also, Shiki who is a legendary Pirate that needed Garp and Sengoku to put him down
Ah, no. So they fought him together, doesn't mean Sengoku couldn't do it by himself. Sengoku was going to deal with Kinjishi accident at the start of chapter 0, but Garp decided to come with him because he wanted to fight. You can say the same happened at Marineford.

Anyway, before I didn't thought we might see Kinjishi again, in the manga, but now... I think we might see him sometime.

Edward Newgate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
The Bloody Nine
Kingslayer

The Bloody Nine is AscendantThe Bloody Nine is AscendantThe Bloody Nine is AscendantThe Bloody Nine is AscendantThe Bloody Nine is AscendantThe Bloody Nine is AscendantThe Bloody Nine is AscendantThe Bloody Nine is AscendantThe Bloody Nine is AscendantThe Bloody Nine is AscendantThe Bloody Nine is Ascendant

The person who wrote the spoilers said Sengoku was aware of everything that happened and if it was before the WB war arc then he should at least have mentioned it.

If it is cannon then i'm assuming it will happen during the timeskip but it is looking more and more likely that its not cannon because WB was in it and he should be dead after this arc.

The Bloody Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #4
Eunectes
Lol Kyuubi
Jounin

Eunectes is CelestialEunectes is CelestialEunectes is CelestialEunectes is CelestialEunectes is CelestialEunectes is CelestialEunectes is CelestialEunectes is CelestialEunectes is CelestialEunectes is CelestialEunectes is Celestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloody Nine View Post
The person who wrote the spoilers said Sengoku was aware of everything that happened and if it was before the WB war arc then he should at least have mentioned it.

If it is cannon then i'm assuming it will happen during the timeskip but it is looking more and more likely that its not cannon because WB was in it and he should be dead after this arc.
WB wasn,t in the movie there is just a pic of him at the end of the movie so his faith is still unknown.
Anyway didn,t Oda say that this was Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year old boy and we should burn this movie into our memory?

Eunectes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #5
XMURADX
Walking One Piece Encyclopedia

XMURADX is AscendantXMURADX is AscendantXMURADX is AscendantXMURADX is AscendantXMURADX is AscendantXMURADX is AscendantXMURADX is AscendantXMURADX is AscendantXMURADX is AscendantXMURADX is AscendantXMURADX is Ascendant

Anything written by Oda is canon for me, I don't care what anyone says.

XMURADX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:28 PM   #6
The Red Gil
Warner Bro
Legendary Ninja

The Red Gil is TranscendentThe Red Gil is TranscendentThe Red Gil is TranscendentThe Red Gil is TranscendentThe Red Gil is TranscendentThe Red Gil is TranscendentThe Red Gil is TranscendentThe Red Gil is TranscendentThe Red Gil is TranscendentThe Red Gil is TranscendentThe Red Gil is Transcendent
Send a message via AIM to The Red Gil

I think the only thing that should be considered canon is his plan, his DF, and his island with those monsters.

The Red Gil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:20 PM   #7
death1217
wandering ronin
Missing-nin

death1217 is an honorable bastion of truthdeath1217 is an honorable bastion of truthdeath1217 is an honorable bastion of truthdeath1217 is an honorable bastion of truthdeath1217 is an honorable bastion of truthdeath1217 is an honorable bastion of truthdeath1217 is an honorable bastion of truthdeath1217 is an honorable bastion of truthdeath1217 is an honorable bastion of truthdeath1217 is an honorable bastion of truthdeath1217 is an honorable bastion of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipset6 View Post
I think the only thing that should be considered canon is his plan, his DF, and his island with those monsters.
the entire story was written by oda everything is cannon!

death1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
The Bloody Nine
Kingslayer

The Bloody Nine is AscendantThe Bloody Nine is AscendantThe Bloody Nine is AscendantThe Bloody Nine is AscendantThe Bloody Nine is AscendantThe Bloody Nine is AscendantThe Bloody Nine is AscendantThe Bloody Nine is AscendantThe Bloody Nine is AscendantThe Bloody Nine is AscendantThe Bloody Nine is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunectes View Post
WB wasn,t in the movie there is just a pic of him at the end of the movie so his faith is still unknown.
Do you know this for a fact or are you assuming ?

Because WB and Garp where in the trailer.

The Bloody Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:21 PM   #9
Eunectes
Lol Kyuubi
Jounin

Eunectes is CelestialEunectes is CelestialEunectes is CelestialEunectes is CelestialEunectes is CelestialEunectes is CelestialEunectes is CelestialEunectes is CelestialEunectes is CelestialEunectes is CelestialEunectes is Celestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloody Nine View Post
Do you know this for a fact or are you assuming ?

Because WB and Garp where in the trailer.
WB isn,t in the trailer your talking abouth the trailer for oda,s first draft of the story.
And this information was from Greg who saw the movie, WB is in the end credits but we don,t know if it is just to remember him because he died or that he is stil alive.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:42 PM   #10
The Red Gil
Warner Bro
Legendary Ninja

The Red Gil is TranscendentThe Red Gil is TranscendentThe Red Gil is TranscendentThe Red Gil is TranscendentThe Red Gil is TranscendentThe Red Gil is TranscendentThe Red Gil is TranscendentThe Red Gil is TranscendentThe Red Gil is TranscendentThe Red Gil is TranscendentThe Red Gil is Transcendent
Send a message via AIM to The Red Gil

Quote:
Originally Posted by death1217 View Post
Manga canon loooooolz.

I doubt Luffy is going to be the one known for taking out Shiki in the mangaka.

The Red Gil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #11
Fei
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Examiner

Fei is a guardian of the faithFei is a guardian of the faithFei is a guardian of the faithFei is a guardian of the faithFei is a guardian of the faithFei is a guardian of the faithFei is a guardian of the faithFei is a guardian of the faithFei is a guardian of the faithFei is a guardian of the faithFei is a guardian of the faith

Logically it takes place between Thriller Bark and the Redline, I really don't have a problem with fitting in into the established manga continuity. As for Luffy beating this guy that Garp and Sengoku beat 20 years ago, I really don't have that big of a problem with it. It was 20 years ago, Shiki has since spent time in ID and had both of his legs amputated. For all we know he spent the last 20 years slacking off and not training relying on his plan and as a result his abilities have regressed considerably.

Fei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #12
EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!
DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!
Jinchuuriki

EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! is the ne plus ultraEVERY SINGLE DAY!!! is the ne plus ultraEVERY SINGLE DAY!!! is the ne plus ultraEVERY SINGLE DAY!!! is the ne plus ultraEVERY SINGLE DAY!!! is the ne plus ultraEVERY SINGLE DAY!!! is the ne plus ultraEVERY SINGLE DAY!!! is the ne plus ultraEVERY SINGLE DAY!!! is the ne plus ultraEVERY SINGLE DAY!!! is the ne plus ultraEVERY SINGLE DAY!!! is the ne plus ultraEVERY SINGLE DAY!!! is the ne plus ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei View Post
Logically it takes place between Thriller Bark and the Redline, I really don't have a problem with fitting in into the established manga continuity.
Are there any spoilers on how Zoro is? If he's still gimped from the aftermath of TB in the movie, then yeah, it'll be after TB. If not, then it either takes place before, or it simply takes place outside of the manga's chronological canon, just like the other movies.

EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #13
Black

Black is TranscendentBlack is TranscendentBlack is TranscendentBlack is TranscendentBlack is TranscendentBlack is TranscendentBlack is TranscendentBlack is TranscendentBlack is TranscendentBlack is TranscendentBlack is Transcendent

Yea I would say that it's canon.

Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:18 PM   #14
Godammit
Doesn't want a Custom Title

Godammit is ElysianGodammit is ElysianGodammit is ElysianGodammit is ElysianGodammit is ElysianGodammit is ElysianGodammit is ElysianGodammit is ElysianGodammit is ElysianGodammit is ElysianGodammit is Elysian

I didn't see it, but did Luffy beat him alone or with his crew ? Also, Shiki was already old in the past, and now he's older and has no legs.

Godammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:53 AM   #15
Eunectes
Lol Kyuubi
Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godammit View Post
I didn't see it, but did Luffy beat him alone or with his crew ? Also, Shiki was already old in the past, and now he's older and has no legs.
Spoiler:
He also gets taken out by a pretty powerfull atack.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:20 AM   #16
Grrblt
Banned
Final Villain

Grrblt est le sans pareilGrrblt est le sans pareilGrrblt est le sans pareilGrrblt est le sans pareilGrrblt est le sans pareilGrrblt est le sans pareilGrrblt est le sans pareilGrrblt est le sans pareilGrrblt est le sans pareilGrrblt est le sans pareilGrrblt est le sans pareil
Send a message via MSN to Grrblt

Quote:
Originally Posted by death1217 View Post
You know what else was written by Oda?

SO IT MUST BE MANGA CANON!!!!

Grrblt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:28 AM   #17
Brickhunt
Battle Franky 800
S-Class Missing-nin

Brickhunt is AscendantBrickhunt is AscendantBrickhunt is AscendantBrickhunt is AscendantBrickhunt is AscendantBrickhunt is AscendantBrickhunt is AscendantBrickhunt is AscendantBrickhunt is AscendantBrickhunt is AscendantBrickhunt is Ascendant
Send a message via MSN to Brickhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godammit View Post

Spoiler:
I saw a spoiler video of the attack, Luffy was alone and it was a pretty damn powerful attack for what I saw, and it could be argued that Shiki is even stronger without his legs

Shiki's ability allow him to control any non-organic thing, by cutting his own legs and replacing them with swords, Shiki gained the ability to fly by controlling his swords.

I hope someone question Oda about the continuity of the movie in Jump festa.

Brickhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:33 AM   #18
Edward Newgate
世界最強の男
God of Shinobi

Edward Newgate est le sans pareilEdward Newgate est le sans pareilEdward Newgate est le sans pareilEdward Newgate est le sans pareilEdward Newgate est le sans pareilEdward Newgate est le sans pareilEdward Newgate est le sans pareilEdward Newgate est le sans pareilEdward Newgate est le sans pareilEdward Newgate est le sans pareilEdward Newgate est le sans pareil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhunt View Post
Spoiler:
I saw a spoiler video of the attack, Luffy was alone and it was a pretty damn powerful attack for what I saw, and it could be argued that Shiki is even stronger without his legs

Shiki's ability allow him to control any non-organic thing, by cutting his own legs and replacing them with swords, Shiki gained the ability to fly by controlling his swords.

I hope someone question Oda about the continuity of the movie in Jump festa.
Well, Greg did say there was a new info about the movie however, he didn't posted anything about it yet.

Edward Newgate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #19
Kuya
\m/ ALOHA \m/

Kuya is RapturousKuya is RapturousKuya is RapturousKuya is RapturousKuya is RapturousKuya is RapturousKuya is RapturousKuya is RapturousKuya is RapturousKuya is RapturousKuya is Rapturous

Sorry, I had to bump/necro this. I've been debating with several members in both the Library and Davy Back section the past couple of days regarding if this movie is canon or not, so this thread is relevant.

I didn't want this Strong World discussion to clutter up the Davy Back section as this is a Ohara Library debate and I didn't want to open up a new thread, so this is the only thread I found via Google that pertains to this subject.

That said, Strong World was an awesome movie and Oda did a great job contributing to it, but it is not canon w/ the manga. I've invited those I've debated with to this thread to discuss, let's see if they show up.

Once again, sorry for the necro.

Kuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #20
DoflaMihawk
Blind Bandit
God of Shinobi

DoflaMihawk is TranscendentDoflaMihawk is TranscendentDoflaMihawk is TranscendentDoflaMihawk is TranscendentDoflaMihawk is TranscendentDoflaMihawk is TranscendentDoflaMihawk is TranscendentDoflaMihawk is TranscendentDoflaMihawk is TranscendentDoflaMihawk is TranscendentDoflaMihawk is Transcendent

^ Is Hiruzen still on your case on that?

Hard to say, really. Oda wrote it, but the events in the movie didn't seem realistic.

DoflaMihawk is offline   Reply With Quote