Veritas - Page 157 - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Akihabara District > Manga Library
View Poll Results: Favorite character is? (Please try to vote for only 3!!!)
Shinra 24 8.11%
Rud 76 25.68%
Lightning Tiger 145 48.99%
Guesong 47 15.88%
Madang 7 2.36%
Honse 110 37.16%
Kangyroung 118 39.86%
Madoka 58 19.59%
Fire Director 35 11.82%
Jeeha 24 8.11%
Vera 32 10.81%
Guhoo 32 10.81%
Others 12 4.05%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 07:45 PM   #3121
Reincarnation
Veritas

Reincarnation is CelestialReincarnation is CelestialReincarnation is CelestialReincarnation is CelestialReincarnation is CelestialReincarnation is CelestialReincarnation is CelestialReincarnation is CelestialReincarnation is CelestialReincarnation is CelestialReincarnation is Celestial

^ isnt that LT ???

NarutoForums

Old 10-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #3122
Ralphy♥
愛あなた永遠あな

Ralphy♥ is AscendantRalphy♥ is AscendantRalphy♥ is AscendantRalphy♥ is AscendantRalphy♥ is AscendantRalphy♥ is AscendantRalphy♥ is AscendantRalphy♥ is AscendantRalphy♥ is AscendantRalphy♥ is AscendantRalphy♥ is Ascendant

Ive read through the first 15 chapters of Veritas which comprises just about two full volumes if I'm not mistaken. I have to admit I'm very impressed with what Ive seen thus far. Though this series emphasizes a more brutish and grotesque nature than that of other battle styled manga, it's able to center itself with an intense focus on it's main character Gangryong. He has a rather rough personality and radiates a strong sense of masculinity. Though there are a ton of fantastic scenes artistically conveyed in great detail, the series main focus is completely on his character and isn't using it's battles and action sequences as a way to compensate for lack of story.

At the beginning of the story Gangryong seemed very weak, looking for a way to become stronger. I really loved his character design, it had a very rough demeanor to it and however shallow it is to admit, it remained very cool. Ive always been a fan of brutes and the way they relish in there barbaric behaviors. As I continued my read I became more and more absolved in Gangryong's character. I can't help but lapse into a state of orgasmic delight that completely throws me into a tissy over his epic manly actions. Of course this becomes more prevalent later in the series.

The reason I say that is that for just about the first thirteen chapters Gangryong spent that time getting manhandled by his peers around him. I wasn't sure what to think at first, but he was able to pull through that adversity and persevere in the face of great danger. His character also allows for some great comedic relief which I'll be discussing in greater detail further along this seeming ramble of thoughts. It's really just become such a delight to read.

I really love the detail that's put into this series by Joon-shik . While there are various panels that are very simple in the artistic approach, there seems to be an underlying contrast between detail and simplicity, which I have come to enjoy in my progression through this series. Next I want to talk and elaborate upon Lighting Tiger, who has simply rocked my fandom .

Gangryong meets his now deceased master Lighting Tiger. I simply adored him for his impeccable demeanor and elegant swagger. He radiates charisma in just about everything he does. I thought the style EOTL was very interesting, and however cliche' its become for a main character to use powers dealing in lighting augmentation, It still remained enjoyable to watch and lost virtually no suspense.

It was so disheartening to find that Lighting Tiger had passed away. I really wanted to see him alive later in the series. In the grand scheme his death might have been necessary in order to put Gangryong on the path that has been set before him. His master's death gives him the added emotional drive he needs to persevere through his quest for strength. I'll now speak on behalf of the more comedic side of the series. One of my favorite scenes in the Manhwa being..........

Spoiler:
, accidental bathroom walk ins prove to still remain hilarious don't they.

I can't tell you how many times I laughed at the many various comedic panels throughout this series. It's great to see a series such as Veritas keep its sense of humor. There have been many series's that have tried to compromise between themes of seriousness and comedy and failed. However Veritas is doing a fantastic job and I haven't lapsed into boredom even in the slightest during my read. Lastly I come too where I left off in the series. Which was Gangryong's climatic battle against Eunhwa.

You can just see the emphasis in detail during that key scene. I myself had too stare at various panels throughout this series for a substantial amount of time. It was great too see Gangryong finally release his true power and show a bit of his true potential and fighting prowess. I can't wait to continue my read. Hopefully more character are introduced and elaborated upon a bit more.

Last edited by Ralphy♥; 10-02-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #3123
Darth Nihilus
lungo qualità dal vivo

Darth Nihilus is pretty cuteDarth Nihilus is pretty cuteDarth Nihilus is pretty cuteDarth Nihilus is pretty cuteDarth Nihilus is pretty cuteDarth Nihilus is pretty cuteDarth Nihilus is pretty cuteDarth Nihilus is pretty cuteDarth Nihilus is pretty cuteDarth Nihilus is pretty cuteDarth Nihilus is pretty cute
Send a message via MSN to Darth Nihilus Send a message via Skype™ to Darth Nihilus

As if it wasn't obvious =o

Old 10-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #3124
kayanathera
faraway
Jounin

kayanathera is a guardian of the faithkayanathera is a guardian of the faithkayanathera is a guardian of the faithkayanathera is a guardian of the faithkayanathera is a guardian of the faithkayanathera is a guardian of the faithkayanathera is a guardian of the faithkayanathera is a guardian of the faithkayanathera is a guardian of the faithkayanathera is a guardian of the faithkayanathera is a guardian of the faith

seriously now about veritas
pro:
-excellent graphic.light years ahead of naruto and bleach
-excellent yuri insinuations and detailed description of panties
-yoochun(aka lightnight tiger) really spicing up otherwise just another fighting manga.
-hot chicks always get stripped during every fight
-lack of stupid female fodder character who mumbles the main's hero name(aka sasuke-kun,kurosaki-kun)
against:
-a bland story(untill now)
-lack of character development.all thats's in everyone mind is power,more power,uber fighting power.
-too much koreean nationalist propaganda(even if this is published there)

Old 10-02-2009, 01:38 AM   #3125
Gabe
Murim Grand Master
God of Shinobi

Gabe is TranscendentGabe is TranscendentGabe is TranscendentGabe is TranscendentGabe is TranscendentGabe is TranscendentGabe is TranscendentGabe is TranscendentGabe is TranscendentGabe is TranscendentGabe is Transcendent
Send a message via MSN to Gabe

strong females are what make this manga good

Old 10-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #3126
Muk
Let's play a game, Ophelia
Juusan Buntai Teichou

Muk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < You

this one doesn't have a regular update does it?

and its not weekly or is it?

Old 10-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #3127
Yusuke5678
Banned
Chuunin

Yusuke5678 smokes the big oneYusuke5678 smokes the big oneYusuke5678 smokes the big oneYusuke5678 smokes the big oneYusuke5678 smokes the big oneYusuke5678 smokes the big oneYusuke5678 smokes the big oneYusuke5678 smokes the big oneYusuke5678 smokes the big oneYusuke5678 smokes the big oneYusuke5678 smokes the big one

it is weekly scanned,now it has a 3 weeks around that they come 2 days later

Old 10-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #3128
martryn
Dick in hand

martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!
Send a message via MSN to martryn

Quote:
and its not weekly or is it?
It has been in the past. The problem is not enough people work with Korean, and the ones that do are, instead of focusing on the niche that people will appreciate them for, are instead releasing the same shit scans of Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #3129
Wuzzman
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Legendary Ninja

Wuzzman is CelestialWuzzman is CelestialWuzzman is CelestialWuzzman is CelestialWuzzman is CelestialWuzzman is CelestialWuzzman is CelestialWuzzman is CelestialWuzzman is CelestialWuzzman is CelestialWuzzman is Celestial

Funny how Raph used so many words for early veritas when i can summarize the first 15 chapters as

lightning fist
iron cock
bit titts
uber bitch
lightning fist
some ki shit

Oh wait it gets more exciting

lightning fist version 2
iron cock vs pussy claws
bit tits
LT flash back
lightning fist version 3
failed rape attempt
cowardly
cowardly utter failure
swaying tits
swayings tits vs failed rapist
uber bitches
stand and ki blast
"plotting"

Old 10-02-2009, 01:20 PM   #3130
Inugami
FT Defense Squad Member
Legendary Ninja

Inugami is CelestialInugami is CelestialInugami is CelestialInugami is CelestialInugami is CelestialInugami is CelestialInugami is CelestialInugami is CelestialInugami is CelestialInugami is CelestialInugami is Celestial

^Yeah Wuzzman you really love to be a Tsundere with this series don't you?

Old 10-02-2009, 01:24 PM   #3131
Muk
Let's play a game, Ophelia
Juusan Buntai Teichou

Muk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < You

Quote:
Originally Posted by martryn View Post
It has been in the past. The problem is not enough people work with Korean, and the ones that do are, instead of focusing on the niche that people will appreciate them for, are instead releasing the same shit scans of Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece.
most of the korean manhwa usually don't interest me

its usually difficult to get into

Old 10-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #3132
Skylit

Skylit is CelestialSkylit is CelestialSkylit is CelestialSkylit is CelestialSkylit is CelestialSkylit is CelestialSkylit is CelestialSkylit is CelestialSkylit is CelestialSkylit is CelestialSkylit is Celestial

I love Muyoung's Design. The best one so far imo.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:56 PM   #3133
Ralphy♥
愛あなた永遠あな

Ralphy♥ is AscendantRalphy♥ is AscendantRalphy♥ is AscendantRalphy♥ is AscendantRalphy♥ is AscendantRalphy♥ is AscendantRalphy♥ is AscendantRalphy♥ is AscendantRalphy♥ is AscendantRalphy♥ is AscendantRalphy♥ is Ascendant

I really just breezed right through my read of volume's three and four. Which as it seems, would put me at chapter twenty eight. These few chapters proved to be infinitely entertaining warranting both my attention and interests. The series as a whole puts a vast emphasis on brutality which seems to become more and more prominent these few chapters. Though I'll admit that the character development displayed throughout the series is rather lacking, it easily makes up for this fault in that it provides some amazing action sequences with some great artistic detail.

There were a few things that I liked in regards to the story thus far. I'm happy to see Gangryong putting in even more of an effort to strengthen himself. There are just so many powerful entities in this series and at times it can prove too be a bit overwhelming. However I can easily forgive the series due to the fact that it places such great value on strong female characters such as Vera and Madoka. These past chapters have shown ample action scenes and I can't really complain when a series is doing its best to captivate its audience.

Oh, my addiction that is the beautiful Lighting Tiger

I can't help but be attracted to the charismatic character that is Lighting Tiger. Even in death he still remains relevant not too mention amazing. I'm really curious, just who would have the power to take on such a powerful entity? Everyone seems to make a fuss about how powerful he is and at present, virtually no character that had been introduced thus far seems to have the power to take him on so I can't help but wonder.

We seem to get a little background on Vera's history with Lighting Tiger. There climatic battle was conveyed very well with a stunning emphasis on detail. Its apparent that Vera has a fleeting intimate feeling of affection directed towards Lighting Tiger, it'll be interesting to see how everything develops on Vera's side. I have to take the time out to say shame on Shinra for shattering Lighting Tigers remains. I take it the action was meant as a provocation towards Gangryong. As in Guhoo wants to fight Rud and is using Gangryong as a means to meet that end.

Guhoo and Rud's battle was absolutely fantastic, it was great too see these two finally go all out. It was interesting too see that they were actually past rivals and that Rud had been on the losing side of there frequent matches. I'm not sure weather Rud surpassing Guhoo had been done through intense training or if the underlying reason was Guhoo's lapse into a state of complacency and neglect in acknowledging that he has to continuously strengthen himself. Either way there battle remains epic and I can't really complain with a scene that delivers.

Gangryong seems to be neglecting artificial Ki which may prove to be fatal later on. It's great too see him improve and expand his combat abilities. It seems like Vera loathes the very core of his character and I can't help but wonder what kind of relationship will be amassed between them as I progress through this series. Perhaps if Gangryong can in fact perfect his ki control, he may very well become a formidable opponent for those that are of top tier level.

Altogether I'm quite content with the story's progression and direction thus far. I really came into the series not knowing exactly what to expect, but I can't help but too adore the series for it's emphasis on epic gar and manliness. That being said I still believe a bit of work needs to be done with the series's character development. I feel that there should at least be a stronger sense of an emotional connection in regards to the way the characters are portrayed. If this can be done then I won't have anymore quarries with the series as a whole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzzman View Post
Funny how Raph used so many words for early veritas when i can summarize the first 15 chapters as
While I can appreciate a post that attempts to reach a state of simplicity, I have my own style of writing and relaying my thoughts. As seen it might very well be that I'm unable to compensate and condense my writing which I have been trying to do as of late. I simply love expressing my true feelings on topics that I deem important and spark my interests. I'm not quite sure what exactly you had been alluring to via that post, was it a blatant attempt at mockery, I'd like to think that isn't the case. Even if that was your true intention aimed at belittling my post.
Wuzzman:

Old 10-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #3134
Nightfall
Elite Jounin

Nightfall is LuminaryNightfall is LuminaryNightfall is LuminaryNightfall is LuminaryNightfall is LuminaryNightfall is LuminaryNightfall is LuminaryNightfall is LuminaryNightfall is LuminaryNightfall is LuminaryNightfall is Luminary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muk View Post
most of the korean manhwa usually don't interest me

its usually difficult to get into
Not an excellent manwha, but Threads of Time is pretty good.

Or Island(awesome main character) Although the pacing just wasn't that good... Same pair that made Shin Angyo Onshi...

The art usually makes up for most things^^

Old 10-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #3135
Inugami
FT Defense Squad Member
Legendary Ninja

Inugami is CelestialInugami is CelestialInugami is CelestialInugami is CelestialInugami is CelestialInugami is CelestialInugami is CelestialInugami is CelestialInugami is CelestialInugami is CelestialInugami is Celestial

^I know it wasn't a great manhwa but I loved Change Guy for the epic battles.

Last edited by Inugami; 10-03-2009 at 05:55 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #3136
x_danny_x
Examiner

x_danny_x is an honorable bastion of truthx_danny_x is an honorable bastion of truthx_danny_x is an honorable bastion of truthx_danny_x is an honorable bastion of truthx_danny_x is an honorable bastion of truthx_danny_x is an honorable bastion of truthx_danny_x is an honorable bastion of truthx_danny_x is an honorable bastion of truthx_danny_x is an honorable bastion of truthx_danny_x is an honorable bastion of truthx_danny_x is an honorable bastion of truth

Holy Shit, when did we get a section to ourselves?? way to go VERITAS !!!

Old 10-03-2009, 09:42 PM   #3137
Cthulhu-versailles
The Luckiest Man in Agrabah
God of Shinobi

Cthulhu-versailles has disabled reputation

The whole build and confrontation between Vera and Red Dragon was very disappointing. I also don't like where Red Dragon's little test, or better put has his surprise of the dead still living, is going to evitably propel the stroy towards. I could have done without that. Still, liking this manga a hell of alot though. The fights are very good! In hindsight however, old school Gangryou as da rowdy punk was better then the seemingly restrained person the stroy has forced him to become. I mean it's understable, but Rud and his cohorts are just pain's in the ass.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #3138
Proxy

Proxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is Elysian

Another good Manhwa was C.A.T but it's suspended indefinitely. Oh how I miss it

Old 10-04-2009, 07:18 AM   #3139
Lusankya
In love with Alpha Hatsuseno
Special Jounin

Lusankya is a glorious beacon of lightLusankya is a glorious beacon of lightLusankya is a glorious beacon of lightLusankya is a glorious beacon of lightLusankya is a glorious beacon of lightLusankya is a glorious beacon of lightLusankya is a glorious beacon of lightLusankya is a glorious beacon of lightLusankya is a glorious beacon of lightLusankya is a glorious beacon of lightLusankya is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
Another good Manhwa was C.A.T but it's suspended indefinitely. Oh how I miss it
CAT is manhua, not manhwa. Manhwa is Korean whereas manhua is Chinese. Putting that aside, CAT has some of the most staggeringly beautiful artwork i have i ever seen in a comic. Definitely worth picking up.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:01 PM   #3140
Wuzzman
Legendary Ninja

Wuzzman is CelestialWuzzman is CelestialWuzzman is CelestialWuzzman is CelestialWuzzman is CelestialWuzzman is CelestialWuzzman is CelestialWuzzman is CelestialWuzzman is CelestialWuzzman is CelestialWuzzman is Celestial

I can only imagine what would happen if they introduced America...
High ranking korean student of reunion
"Omg! No matter what i do he keeps hitting me in the face BEFORE I HIT him!!!"
Low ranking American student of reunion
"Oh just using basic jabs, everyone knows that before they turn 12"
Honse says how many amateur boxers in America
Rest of the current Veritas cast after hearing that
Fire Dragon
"Truly these American fighters are the strongest maybe I should switch sides"
High ranking American student of reunion
"We don't accept bishies"
Fire Dragon

Closed Thread