WTF's an Enka? - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Sanitation > Konoha Recycling Heap > NF Archives > Konoha Library Archives

Old 10-04-2008, 09:02 PM   #1
OmegaChidori
Lakers>NBA
Academy Teacher

OmegaChidori is a glorious beacon of lightOmegaChidori is a glorious beacon of lightOmegaChidori is a glorious beacon of lightOmegaChidori is a glorious beacon of lightOmegaChidori is a glorious beacon of lightOmegaChidori is a glorious beacon of lightOmegaChidori is a glorious beacon of lightOmegaChidori is a glorious beacon of lightOmegaChidori is a glorious beacon of lightOmegaChidori is a glorious beacon of lightOmegaChidori is a glorious beacon of light
Default WTF's an Enka?

Killerbee mentioned his enka and something about sabu in the last part of this chapter. Can anyone tell me what this means please?

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/419/17/

NarutoForums

Old 10-04-2008, 09:04 PM   #2
moget-
Kriminalbetjent
ANBU Recruit

moget- is a glorious beacon of lightmoget- is a glorious beacon of lightmoget- is a glorious beacon of lightmoget- is a glorious beacon of lightmoget- is a glorious beacon of lightmoget- is a glorious beacon of lightmoget- is a glorious beacon of lightmoget- is a glorious beacon of lightmoget- is a glorious beacon of lightmoget- is a glorious beacon of lightmoget- is a glorious beacon of light

I have noooooo clue what so ever, so i'm hoping we'll find an answer :p

Old 10-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #3
Lilykt7
I don't believe in titles
Missing-nin

Lilykt7 is a guardian of the faithLilykt7 is a guardian of the faithLilykt7 is a guardian of the faithLilykt7 is a guardian of the faithLilykt7 is a guardian of the faithLilykt7 is a guardian of the faithLilykt7 is a guardian of the faithLilykt7 is a guardian of the faithLilykt7 is a guardian of the faithLilykt7 is a guardian of the faithLilykt7 is a guardian of the faith
Send a message via Yahoo to Lilykt7

there was already a thread like this I believe. Enka is a type of singing. So I think he's talking about a group of singing ninjas? I don't know, but yeah it was explained in another thread what it was.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:23 PM   #4
Death-kun

Death-kun is a loser I can't hate!Death-kun is a loser I can't hate!Death-kun is a loser I can't hate!Death-kun is a loser I can't hate!Death-kun is a loser I can't hate!Death-kun is a loser I can't hate!Death-kun is a loser I can't hate!Death-kun is a loser I can't hate!Death-kun is a loser I can't hate!Death-kun is a loser I can't hate!Death-kun is a loser I can't hate!

It's a type of music, singing to be more exact. Sabu is apparently the lead singer in an extremely popular enka group, and is supposedly the "master of enka", from what we heard from Kira Bii.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:33 PM   #5
cloudsymph
I am MELON-LORRRRD!!!!!
Kage

cloudsymph is Luminarycloudsymph is Luminarycloudsymph is Luminarycloudsymph is Luminarycloudsymph is Luminarycloudsymph is Luminarycloudsymph is Luminarycloudsymph is Luminarycloudsymph is Luminarycloudsymph is Luminarycloudsymph is Luminary

type of ballad thing. japan specific ballad i think. if you're not sure go wiki >_>

Old 10-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #6
Frostman
G.O.A.T (Greatest of all Time)
Hokage

Frostman is AscendantFrostman is AscendantFrostman is AscendantFrostman is AscendantFrostman is AscendantFrostman is AscendantFrostman is AscendantFrostman is AscendantFrostman is AscendantFrostman is AscendantFrostman is Ascendant

Wiki says its the country music of japan, so it probably sucks.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:10 PM   #7
NVZBlity
The Evanescent
Examiner

NVZBlity is a paragon of hopeNVZBlity is a paragon of hopeNVZBlity is a paragon of hopeNVZBlity is a paragon of hopeNVZBlity is a paragon of hopeNVZBlity is a paragon of hopeNVZBlity is a paragon of hopeNVZBlity is a paragon of hopeNVZBlity is a paragon of hopeNVZBlity is a paragon of hopeNVZBlity is a paragon of hope

Here is a sample. note the distinctive voice waving (almost yodel-like); it's typically slow with an even tempo and quite folksy.

I had no idea what enka was until I heard it -- it's same as korean "trot" music (which I am familiar with having spent my childhood listening to my parents trot cassettes). Basically only old people listen to this type of music, at least in korea anyway.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:46 PM   #8
Feh
Cieler
Chuunin

Feh has a brilliant futureFeh has a brilliant futureFeh has a brilliant futureFeh has a brilliant futureFeh has a brilliant futureFeh has a brilliant futureFeh has a brilliant futureFeh has a brilliant futureFeh has a brilliant futureFeh has a brilliant futureFeh has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Feh

As other's said. Enka is the folkmusic of Japan. Loved by mostly old people and also sung mostly by old people. Though you can see drunken young folks singing them at karaoke bars.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:05 AM   #9
konohakartel
saying que bonita es la vida
S-Class Missing-nin

konohakartel is a guardian of the faithkonohakartel is a guardian of the faithkonohakartel is a guardian of the faithkonohakartel is a guardian of the faithkonohakartel is a guardian of the faithkonohakartel is a guardian of the faithkonohakartel is a guardian of the faithkonohakartel is a guardian of the faithkonohakartel is a guardian of the faithkonohakartel is a guardian of the faithkonohakartel is a guardian of the faith
Send a message via AIM to konohakartel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feh View Post
As other's said. Enka is the folkmusic of Japan. Loved by mostly old people and also sung mostly by old people. Though you can see drunken young folks singing them at karaoke bars.
hey when ur drunk old music sounds pretty damn good and u think u can sing da crap out of them...but more than not...u cant

Old 10-05-2008, 12:07 AM   #10
Aburamushi
Así nomás...
Examiner

Aburamushi is a guardian of the faithAburamushi is a guardian of the faithAburamushi is a guardian of the faithAburamushi is a guardian of the faithAburamushi is a guardian of the faithAburamushi is a guardian of the faithAburamushi is a guardian of the faithAburamushi is a guardian of the faithAburamushi is a guardian of the faithAburamushi is a guardian of the faithAburamushi is a guardian of the faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVZBlity View Post
Here is a sample. note the distinctive voice waving (almost yodel-like); it's typically slow with an even tempo and quite folksy.

I had no idea what enka was until I heard it -- it's same as korean "trot" music (which I am familiar with having spent my childhood listening to my parents trot cassettes). Basically only old people listen to this type of music, at least in korea anyway.
Haha imagine Killer Bee singing like that

Old 10-05-2008, 12:35 AM   #11
stream
Do something, Naruto!
Legendary Ninja

stream is Transcendentstream is Transcendentstream is Transcendentstream is Transcendentstream is Transcendentstream is Transcendentstream is Transcendentstream is Transcendentstream is Transcendentstream is Transcendentstream is Transcendent

You don't need to imagine it.

The important detail is that there's a black guy called Jero who started singing Enka in Japan some months ago. It's a joke from Kishi alluding to that guy. Here's his clip:

Old 10-05-2008, 02:30 AM   #12
Tenyume Kasumi
AFK Master
ANBU Squad Leader

Tenyume Kasumi is a guardian of the faithTenyume Kasumi is a guardian of the faithTenyume Kasumi is a guardian of the faithTenyume Kasumi is a guardian of the faithTenyume Kasumi is a guardian of the faithTenyume Kasumi is a guardian of the faithTenyume Kasumi is a guardian of the faithTenyume Kasumi is a guardian of the faithTenyume Kasumi is a guardian of the faithTenyume Kasumi is a guardian of the faithTenyume Kasumi is a guardian of the faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostman View Post
Wiki says its the country music of japan, so it probably sucks.
Well, it'll probably be more welcome than Killer Bee's rapping any day.

Old 10-05-2008, 03:19 AM   #13
amsilent
The 100 year old Genin
Academy Teacher

amsilent has a brilliant futureamsilent has a brilliant futureamsilent has a brilliant futureamsilent has a brilliant futureamsilent has a brilliant futureamsilent has a brilliant futureamsilent has a brilliant futureamsilent has a brilliant futureamsilent has a brilliant futureamsilent has a brilliant futureamsilent has a brilliant future

sounds like chinese music from the 80s. my mom listens to cds of artists from the late 70s-80s and it has this style of music.

its not bad. not as bad as country music imo like someone said. hah, country music

Old 10-05-2008, 03:58 AM   #14
Shishi-O
Oda Is God
Legendary Ninja

Shishi-O is LuminaryShishi-O is LuminaryShishi-O is LuminaryShishi-O is LuminaryShishi-O is LuminaryShishi-O is LuminaryShishi-O is LuminaryShishi-O is LuminaryShishi-O is LuminaryShishi-O is LuminaryShishi-O is Luminary

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVZBlity View Post

nope it was pretty popular with my friends in high school when i lived in ny

Old 10-05-2008, 04:18 AM   #15
Yasha
Guilty
Jinchuuriki

Yasha broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yasha broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yasha broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yasha broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yasha broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yasha broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yasha broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yasha broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yasha broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yasha broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yasha broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stream View Post

It's really nice.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:38 AM   #16
Binary
liccalotovpuss

Binary is AscendantBinary is AscendantBinary is AscendantBinary is AscendantBinary is AscendantBinary is AscendantBinary is AscendantBinary is AscendantBinary is AscendantBinary is AscendantBinary is Ascendant

I can see Killer Bee singing it now..

Old 10-05-2008, 09:10 AM   #17
Spencer_Gator
Pain is a god.
Kage

Spencer_Gator is a guardian of the faithSpencer_Gator is a guardian of the faithSpencer_Gator is a guardian of the faithSpencer_Gator is a guardian of the faithSpencer_Gator is a guardian of the faithSpencer_Gator is a guardian of the faithSpencer_Gator is a guardian of the faithSpencer_Gator is a guardian of the faithSpencer_Gator is a guardian of the faithSpencer_Gator is a guardian of the faithSpencer_Gator is a guardian of the faith

yea it has something to do with singing

Old 10-05-2008, 09:14 AM   #18
UniversalHandel2020
Banned
Elite Teacher

UniversalHandel2020 is a glorious beacon of lightUniversalHandel2020 is a glorious beacon of lightUniversalHandel2020 is a glorious beacon of lightUniversalHandel2020 is a glorious beacon of lightUniversalHandel2020 is a glorious beacon of lightUniversalHandel2020 is a glorious beacon of lightUniversalHandel2020 is a glorious beacon of lightUniversalHandel2020 is a glorious beacon of lightUniversalHandel2020 is a glorious beacon of lightUniversalHandel2020 is a glorious beacon of lightUniversalHandel2020 is a glorious beacon of light

So he wants to go from Rap to Enka. Believable I guess.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #19
9TalesOfDestruction
I hate filler
S-Class Missing-nin

9TalesOfDestruction is a guardian of the faith9TalesOfDestruction is a guardian of the faith9TalesOfDestruction is a guardian of the faith9TalesOfDestruction is a guardian of the faith9TalesOfDestruction is a guardian of the faith9TalesOfDestruction is a guardian of the faith9TalesOfDestruction is a guardian of the faith9TalesOfDestruction is a guardian of the faith9TalesOfDestruction is a guardian of the faith9TalesOfDestruction is a guardian of the faith9TalesOfDestruction is a guardian of the faith

sounds like something from kill bill soundtrack...