Uchiha Sasuke FC Essay, Theory, and Thread Contest! - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Sanitation > Konoha Recycling Heap > NF Archives > Konoha Library Archives

Old 06-05-2008, 10:59 PM   #1
kire
BaTShIT CrAzY
ANBU Squad Leader

kire is Elysiankire is Elysiankire is Elysiankire is Elysiankire is Elysiankire is Elysiankire is Elysiankire is Elysiankire is Elysiankire is Elysiankire is Elysian
Sasuke Uchiha Sasuke FC Essay, Theory, and Thread Contest!

The contest has ended and here are the results:

(Note: Now keep in mind that voter turnout was extremely low, and in some cases instructions were not followed as specified.)

The winner for The Essay Category goes to BlueSky Rena for her second essay!

Results for essay category:
tesk -1
BSRE2 -2

The winner for the Thread Category is Akachô!

Results for Thread category:
Akachô -3
Sandaime -1
The_Midnight_Karasu -1

For our overall winner, after a week of voting, The winner was clearly BlueSky Rena!!

Congratulations!!

[/size]

Congratulations to all the winners!
Everyone did an exceptional job with their essays and threads. I would like to thank each and everyone of you who entered...Thx
Please rep these people and give comments to their threads if you haven't already.

Each of these essays/threads will be added to The essay section in the Uchiha Sasuke FC. Thanks again everybody.

Finally I would like to give special thanks to Genesis, JediJaina and the other mods that helped me get this/keep this thread up. I know there was a lot of grief that came with it, and I do apologize for the grey hair it has probably caused you all.. Thx for putting up with it and me..

@mods, please unstick this thread, and let it fall to the depths of forum oblivion.

Spoiler:
Now read carefully for voting instructions.:
You may vote for one Essay and for one Thread.
Also please vote for one person you like overall. (This person may be one of the same people you voted for in either the essay or thread categories or even someone else who entered.)
So ideally you should have three names you wish to vote for.

I prefer you vote by pm, but I will accept votes done here in the thread.

Uchiha Sasuke FC Essay, Theory, and Thread Contest!

Spoiler:
Our Summer Contest Series continues with this one. It's pretty self explanatory. We are looking for the Best Sasuke Essay, Best Sasuke Theory, and Best Sasuke Thread. You can either enter something you have done previously, or write something fresh, and with recent developments in the manga, you should have plenty of material to work with.

Categories:
Essay
Theory
Thread

Rules:
All entries must be your own and may either be pmed to me or posted in this thread.
There is no character limit what so ever and it will not be graded with red ink or gone through with a fine tooth comb.
Spelling and Grammar mistakes are ok, but come on..I advise you to use spell check and some common sense. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it does need to carry your point across.
All entries must be Sasuke-centric.
You may enter two items per category for this contest.
Membership in the Uchiha Sasuke FC is not required.

Runtime:
Now-Aug. 22, 2008

(Due to a miscalculation on my part I've decided to extend this contest to the end of August. I do apologize for this error, if you have any questions/complaints my pm box has plenty of room so have at it. ~Thanks)

Voting:
Voting starts on Aug. 23 and last through 30th. Results will be posted on the 31st.
Voting may be done either in the thread or pm.
When voting please select your top pick per category and then select an overall winner. The overall winner will receive a bonus prize.

Prizes:
You can count on plenty o Rep, and your prize winning entry being featured on the front page of the FC.

The winners will receive one of the following prizes:
  • a sparkly username
  • a custom usertitle
  • a 150x175 avatar

Bonus Prize:
Everyone who enters is eligible for a bonus win. The person with the most votes as an overall winner will receive the bonus prize. And what is the bonus prize you ask, well it's a surprise. It is worth real money but like I said in the other contest, don't get your hopes up, it's not worth much.

A side note:
Bashing, flame baiting, and the like will not be tolerated in this thread.

If you have any questions you can pm me or just post them here in the thread.

~Thx and good luck to all.

Essay Entries:

By BlueSky Rena:
First thread
Name: The greatest potential or a shadow behind brother's might? The complete Uchiha Sasuke rundown.
What is it about? Bringing the lowdown on Sasuke's true skills and proving he is far more than just a sharingan bloodline genius. but is it enough to overcome big brother? - includes a direct link to every claim via manga
Type: Essay
Link:http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=353362

Basicly since the above thread was way larger and due to Itachi's death, I have created a better and shorter essay that is a fallow up of the above, which also compares Sasuke's abilities to Itachi's:
Name: Prodigy Childs of a warrior clan: The Uchiha brother's compression
What is it about? Given the rundown on the Uchiha battle, covering the skills of both brothers deeply, from the Academy of the leaf years till the death of Itachi.
Link: http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=377353

By Tesk:
Author's note: This essay was written in 2006 for the sake of personal amusement. It can be specifically added that I was absolutely off the mark regarding some things, but I chose to leave it as it was so that everyone can point their finger and laugh if they want to. There is also some additional material that is not explicitly Sasuke-related, but helps to understand where I was coming from with some of the more outrageous ideas.
http://tesk.livejournal.com/#entry_1107

By Incubus:
Thread Title: Sasuke: The Unwitting Anti-Villain
What is it about?: How Sasuke's actions throughout part 2 have helped Madara.
Link: Sasuke: The Unwitting Anti-Villain
Entry #: First Entry

By Death-kun:
Thread Title: Uchiha Sasuke: To Hell and Back
What is it about?: How Sasuke's pain and risks have helped him get exponentially stronger
Link: Uchiha Sasuke: To Hell and Back
Entry #: First Entry

Thread Entries:

By Sandaime:

Title: Hints about Sasuke's potential
What it's about: Collecting of manga hints around Sasuke's potential
Type:thread
Link: Hints about Sasuke's potential

By Akachô:
Title: Sasuke's story, Tolkien style
Type: Thread
Author's note: This thread is a retelling of some major events of Sasuke's life in a rather unusual way, in Tolkien's words that is. Even if you're no Tolkien fan, you might enjoy the epical style (and some hints of irony as well ).
Oh, and if you bear with me please make sure to read the last spoiler as well!
Link:Sasuke's story, Tolkien style

Theory Entries:

By The_Midnight_Karasu:
Title: Meaningful discussion about Sasuke's new abilities
Whats it about: In short, it is an extension of Kishi's use of mythology to frame Itachi's MS/EMS powers and speculates on how Sasuke may have developed similar powers through a similar Japanese Myth. The Japanese gods used are Izanami and Izanagi, the primal parents of the Shinto gods, and how tragedy forever separates the two through the cycle of life and death. Shinto Hell is based on the concepts of contamination and purification rather than sin, which figure prominently into Sasuke's Journey.
Type: Theory
Link: Meaningful discussion about Sasuke's new abilities

Last edited by kire; 09-09-2008 at 04:38 AM.
NarutoForums

Old 06-06-2008, 12:29 AM   #2
Dogma
word....?
Legendary Ninja

Dogma is AscendantDogma is AscendantDogma is AscendantDogma is AscendantDogma is AscendantDogma is AscendantDogma is AscendantDogma is AscendantDogma is AscendantDogma is AscendantDogma is Ascendant

My, what a completely original idea!

Old 06-06-2008, 01:00 AM   #3
Nae'blis
team klaus

Nae'blis has disabled reputation

lol, good idea, especially since Dogma had it first.

I'll be sure to wrote my bestest essay.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:27 AM   #4
JJ
Hiatus
Administrator

JJ is DivineJJ is DivineJJ is DivineJJ is DivineJJ is DivineJJ is DivineJJ is DivineJJ is DivineJJ is DivineJJ is DivineJJ is Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nae'blis View Post
lol, good idea, especially since Dogma had it first.

I'll be sure to wrote my bestest essay.

Actually the truth is that Kire had been talking about doing this for quite a while in the FC (and in PM's from as far back as January). She decided to hold off until the summer to do the contests.

Plus this is part of a contest series.
http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=374453

Old 06-06-2008, 03:18 AM   #5
Proxy

Proxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is Elysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediJaina View Post
Actually the truth is that Kire had been talking about doing this for quite a while in the FC (and in PM's from as far back as January). She decided to hold off until the summer to do the contests.

Why so serious?

Anyway, this is a good idea to make it a series. Still, wouldn't it be better if the first one is finished before another starts?

Old 06-06-2008, 06:07 AM   #6
BlueSky Rena
A Girl of the East (Asia)
Jinchuuriki

BlueSky Rena is DivineBlueSky Rena is DivineBlueSky Rena is DivineBlueSky Rena is DivineBlueSky Rena is DivineBlueSky Rena is DivineBlueSky Rena is DivineBlueSky Rena is DivineBlueSky Rena is DivineBlueSky Rena is DivineBlueSky Rena is Divine

A Uchiha Sasuke contest well I have written two essay's regarding Uchiha Sasuke in the past, So I guess I will give it a try

First thread
Name: The greatest potential or a shadow behind brother's might? The complete Uchiha Sasuke rundown.
What is it about? Bringing the lowdown on Sasuke's true skills and proving he is far more than just a sharingan bloodline genius. but is it enough to overcome big brother? - includes a direct link to every claim via manga

Basicly since the above thread was way larger and due to Itachi's death, I have created a better and shorter essay that is a fallow up of the above, which also compares Sasuke's abilities to Itachi's:
What is it about? Given the rundown on the Uchiha battle, covering the skills of both brothers deeply, from the Academy of the leaf years till the death of Itachi.

Dont think it will win, and entered it cuse I was browsing the forums just to view the spoliers(the only reason I log rarely), but I enter it to share my writings to who ever wishes to read them

lofe
X3

Old 06-06-2008, 05:44 PM   #7
Fay

Fay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is Rapturous

Nice contest! I made a few threads a while ago..do they count kire??!

Old 06-06-2008, 11:37 PM   #8
Kusogitsune
Banned
God of Shinobi

Kusogitsune est le sans pareilKusogitsune est le sans pareilKusogitsune est le sans pareilKusogitsune est le sans pareilKusogitsune est le sans pareilKusogitsune est le sans pareilKusogitsune est le sans pareilKusogitsune est le sans pareilKusogitsune est le sans pareilKusogitsune est le sans pareilKusogitsune est le sans pareil

Perhaps I shall write an essay about Sasuke. For the hell of it.

Old 06-07-2008, 01:19 AM   #9
kire
BaTShIT CrAzY
ANBU Squad Leader

kire is Elysiankire is Elysiankire is Elysiankire is Elysiankire is Elysiankire is Elysiankire is Elysiankire is Elysiankire is Elysiankire is Elysiankire is Elysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediJaina View Post

Yep its true.. And I've been doing these things for years already..I usually just have one main contest in the fanworks section and throw the essay in there, but this year I've decided to split it up..so yeah I didn't steal anyone's idea..

Besides, I don't see what the big deal is, these contests involve two different characters, and are ruled/voted on differently..
But for those of you who wish to enter both contests, if there is a problem of time or anything else, let me know and we can work something out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky Rena View Post
A Uchiha Sasuke contest well I have written two essay's regarding Uchiha Sasuke in the past, So I guess I will give it a try

First thread

Dont think it will win, and entered it cuse I was browsing the forums just to view the spoliers(the only reason I log rarely), but I enter it to share my writings to who ever wishes to read them

lofe
X3
Awesome thanks! I look forward to reading them, and will add them to the entries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaime View Post
Nice contest! I made a few threads a while ago..do they count kire??!
sure, let me know which ones you want to enter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusogitsune View Post
Perhaps I shall write an essay about Sasuke. For the hell of it.
do it!

Last edited by kire; 06-07-2008 at 01:44 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:21 AM   #10
Kusogitsune
Banned
God of Shinobi

Kusogitsune est le sans pareilKusogitsune est le sans pareilKusogitsune est le sans pareilKusogitsune est le sans pareilKusogitsune est le sans pareilKusogitsune est le sans pareilKusogitsune est le sans pareilKusogitsune est le sans pareilKusogitsune est le sans pareilKusogitsune est le sans pareilKusogitsune est le sans pareil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kire View Post
do it!
How long do I have again?

Old 06-07-2008, 01:41 AM   #11
kire
BaTShIT CrAzY
ANBU Squad Leader

Until July 5th, would that be enough time?

Old 06-07-2008, 01:48 AM   #12
Kusogitsune
Banned
God of Shinobi

Quote:
Until July 5th, would that be enough time?
Depends how lazy I feel.

Old 06-07-2008, 01:55 AM   #13
Munak
Sexton
Legendary Ninja

Munak is AscendantMunak is AscendantMunak is AscendantMunak is AscendantMunak is AscendantMunak is AscendantMunak is AscendantMunak is AscendantMunak is AscendantMunak is AscendantMunak is Ascendant

Hmm, might make my mark on this... I'll go with my Sasukessay.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:47 AM   #14
Fay

Fay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is Rapturous

Poor Kire! Being attacked by Sasu haters for an idea she had for MONTHS! I think you should ask a mod to delete their posts.

Will post my threads soon!

Old 06-08-2008, 03:37 AM   #15
kire
BaTShIT CrAzY
ANBU Squad Leader

Well the mods can delete it if they want, but honestly its not even worth the trouble..

Its just so stupid, some people just can't help themselves I guess..

I look forward to it

Old 06-08-2008, 05:59 AM   #16
Kusogitsune
Banned
God of Shinobi

Quote:
Poor Kire! Being attacked by Sasu haters for an idea she had for MONTHS! I think you should ask a mod to delete their posts.

Hey hey, I haven't attacked her yet; I've been fairly nice to her so far.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:00 AM   #17
jirochimaru
I am the vengeance of Bane
Elite Teacher

jirochimaru is a paragon of hopejirochimaru is a paragon of hopejirochimaru is a paragon of hopejirochimaru is a paragon of hopejirochimaru is a paragon of hopejirochimaru is a paragon of hopejirochimaru is a paragon of hopejirochimaru is a paragon of hopejirochimaru is a paragon of hopejirochimaru is a paragon of hopejirochimaru is a paragon of hope

Wait for mine soon.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:03 AM   #18
kire
BaTShIT CrAzY
ANBU Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusogitsune View Post
Hey hey, I haven't attacked her yet; I've been fairly nice to her so far.
I think Sandaime was referring to the first two posts

Old 06-12-2008, 11:30 PM   #19
Dogma
word....?
Legendary Ninja

Dogma is AscendantDogma is AscendantDogma is AscendantDogma is AscendantDogma is AscendantDogma is AscendantDogma is AscendantDogma is AscendantDogma is AscendantDogma is AscendantDogma is Ascendant

Quote:

Yes, we're obviously Sasu haters. Great observation!

Would you kindly look at the other stickied threads and just take a look at a couple of them.

When you find the one we're talking about I guarantee you'll enjoy it.

Quote:
Well the mods can delete it if they want, but honestly its not even worth the trouble..

Its just so stupid, some people just can't help themselves I guess..

I look forward to it
However, this matter should be dealt with, with diplomacy so I'll apologize for acting without it. But I'm hard pressed to realize why you would begin your competition while the other one is still alive and kickng with ideally the same format as my own.

Whether on purpose or not, and whether I should be flattered or not, is not the issue. I'm just alittle vexed on the matter on why the idea that had been "thought about for months" was not acted upon beforehand, and was posted "late."

Is all.

However, I hold no ill will or grude over something so trivial. in fact, I believe that it's great that your going to do this for Sasuke fans or dissenters of all kinds and I will loo past this minor issue to wish you good luck on your competetiton.

I might even post a thread myself, should I feel the need to necro it.

Otherwise, I'll most definitately be wroting my bestest one yet.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:43 AM   #20
The Pink Ninja
Infamous Cocksucker
Sith Lord

The Pink Ninja is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowThe Pink Ninja is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowThe Pink Ninja is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowThe Pink Ninja is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowThe Pink Ninja is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowThe Pink Ninja is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowThe Pink Ninja is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowThe Pink Ninja is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowThe Pink Ninja is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowThe Pink Ninja is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowThe Pink Ninja is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right now
Send a message via MSN to The Pink Ninja Send a message via Skype™ to The Pink Ninja

I'll get Wrath to write an "Uchiha Sasuke: Huge Jerkface" thread.