Tenryuubito

What
07-10-2012, 06:03 PM
I hope there isn't, it would ruin the whole -------- of them. What about you?

Sentōmaru
07-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Saint Mjosgard's dad was unusually compliable and sane, at least for Tenryuubito standards but they're pretty fucking low. Charloss, Mjosgard and Shalulia were the worst- i.e. the younger ones. Jalmack also. So the Gorousei perhaps? If they are indeed the great-grandparents of the Tenryuubito like I'm thinking. They're not really nice, but not complete assholes either.

I think if there is such a thing like a decent Tenryuubito it'll probably be a female one.

But it's also possible that Oda wants them viewed as the worst scum of the manga, for what I can't blame him for because most royals were and still are spoiled scumbags.

tupadre97
07-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Do you think we'll ever see a tenryuubito who isn't utterly evil?

No but there is gonna be a tenryuubito kid like sabo that isnt evil

Shiny
07-10-2012, 06:23 PM
The dog counts?

Dream
07-10-2012, 06:34 PM
We probably will see a decent Tenryuubito eventually.

Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki
07-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Saint Mjosgard's dad was unusually compliable and sane, at least for Tenryuubito standards but they're pretty fucking low. Charloss, Mjosgard and Shalulia were the worst- i.e. the younger ones. Jalmack also. So the Gorousei perhaps? If they are indeed the great-grandparents of the Tenryuubito like I'm thinking. They're not really nice, but not complete assholes either.

I think if there is such a thing like a decent Tenryuubito it'll probably be a female one.

But it's also possible that Oda wants them viewed as the worst scum of the manga, for what I can't blame him for because most royals were and still are spoiled scumbags.

I've never thought of the gorousei as tenryuubito. They're not wearing the traditional outfits hmmm...

RobLucciRapes
07-10-2012, 07:04 PM
We might. I'm not sure.

Fuck them. I'll never like them after the Sabo incident. Fucking bitchwhoreasses.

Jon Stark
07-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Hopefully.

If all of them are as corrupt and elitist as one another it would present an unrealistic world view.

DoflaMihawk
07-10-2012, 07:42 PM
It's pretty hard to grow up to be a nice person when you're taught to think that you're better than everybody else.

Sabo is probably gonna be the lone exception.

Stilzkin
07-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Sabo is probably gonna be the lone exception.

Sabo is not one of them, he is a noble.

DoflaMihawk
07-11-2012, 01:03 AM
I know, but he was an example of someone from that kind of lifestyle who ended up as a good person.

I don't think we'll se anyone else like that.

Webbmaster62
07-11-2012, 02:50 AM
Makes you wonder what Dragon is still since he was born in that country. We still don't know where....

Law
07-11-2012, 03:06 AM
Even amongst the Tenryuubito, there's bound to be some who aren't terrible.

Not all slave-owners are necessarily evil or cruel people. In North America's own history, for a long time owning slaves was just something you did. It didn't always mean you were a bad person.

We don't even know if all Nobles/Tenryuubito keep slaves to begin with. The ones we've seen are horrible...but the ones we've seen were in the story to do horrible things. We haven't seen all the Nobles+ living in Mariejois.

It wouldn't ruin anything in the story if not all Nobles were idiotic, spoiled hate-mongers. They'd still end up looking guilty by association, and possibly some of them would join/support Dragon.

Don't assume you have all the information about Nobles already from a half-dozen examples.

What
07-11-2012, 03:10 AM
Even amongst the Tenryuubito, there's bound to be some who aren't terrible.

Not all slave-owners are necessarily evil or cruel people.

Stopped reading there. You disgust me if you actually think that.

Law
07-11-2012, 03:17 AM
Stopped reading there. You disgust me if you actually think that.

Don't be an idiot. If you grow up being taught that it's normal, and there was never any reason for you to think otherwise, and your culture just did it without having reasons - that doesn't necessarily make you an evil or cruel person for not knowing any better. If you were a good person, you would look around and see slave-owners treating their slaves like shit and say "You should treat your property with respect and kindness" and be kind to their slaves. But because of where that person was raised, you'd still call them evil by association, and that's wrong as well.

There were plenty of slave owners who agreed with movements and began paying their workers instead, and never treated anyone poorly. A lot of people saw slaves the same way as beloved pets, and would treat them quite well. And while that sounds awful, they didn't have the knowledge we have today, so they were certainly not the same people who treated slaves like shit and beat them/kill them, not thinking anything of it like the Tenryuubito in Shabondy.

You're mistaking "not necessarily evil" for "right in what they're doing". Clearly owning people is wrong - but painting all people who have only known that to be a fact of life as instantly evil makes you an ignorant tool.

Law
07-11-2012, 03:27 AM
I hope there isn't, it would ruin the whole -------- of them. What about you?

I hope there isn't, it would ruin the whole

Echo or dupe?

Either way, it wouldn't ruin fuck-all. Even if you are closed-minded enough to believe all Tenryuubito who happen to own slaves are irrefutably evil, cruel human-beings, we don't even know if all Tenryuubito own slaves.

Having some decent Tenryuubito wouldn't make the terrible ones any less terrible. So what exactly would it ruin?

What
07-11-2012, 05:48 AM
Don't be an idiot. If you grow up being taught that it's normal, and there was never any reason for you to think otherwise, and your culture just did it without having reasons - that doesn't necessarily make you an evil or cruel person for not knowing any better. If you were a good person, you would look around and see slave-owners treating their slaves like shit and say "You should treat your property with respect and kindness" and be kind to their slaves. But because of where that person was raised, you'd still call them evil by association, and that's wrong as well.

There were plenty of slave owners who agreed with movements and began paying their workers instead, and never treated anyone poorly. A lot of people saw slaves the same way as beloved pets, and would treat them quite well. And while that sounds awful, they didn't have the knowledge we have today, so they were certainly not the same people who treated slaves like shit and beat them/kill them, not thinking anything of it like the Tenryuubito in Shabondy.

You're mistaking "not necessarily evil" for "right in what they're doing". Clearly owning people is wrong - but painting all people who have only known that to be a fact of life as instantly evil makes you an ignorant tool.

Try saying that to someone of my colour in real life and see if they think there is any excuse for slavery. To top it off, you have the hide to call me an ignorant tool and an idiot? I'm pretty enraged right now so I think it's best if I just block your narcissistic ass.

Motivated
07-11-2012, 09:57 AM
I do believe there will be atleast one of them that isn't terrible.

Gold Roger
07-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Roger killed one of them among one of his many journeys.

Ever since then they've been utterly butthurt. :LOS

Jack of All Trades
07-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Good tenryuubito is a dead tenryuubito.

Sherlōck
07-11-2012, 11:06 AM
There is one. Luffy's mother :datass

Magnificent
07-11-2012, 11:18 AM
I doubt it since even their kids grow up being taught to look down on citizens.

Swagger Wagon
07-11-2012, 12:34 PM
There is one. Luffy's mother :datass
This person knows what they're talking about
:winny

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum