Does Rock Lee stop wearing weights?

SoleAccord
11-09-2011, 05:45 PM
If he did, why would he hold back on his incredibly speed during Shippuden and become a blur like during the exams?

He should still be wearing them, its not like we're going to see him put them back on because his leg was crushed after fighting Gaara, and his return to the battlefield was a surprise.

VampireNeu
11-09-2011, 06:09 PM
I think so :hmm

Lee-Sensei
11-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Yeah. It makes the most sense, but some people disagree.:hmm

SoleAccord
11-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Yeah. It makes the most sense, but some people disagree.:hmm

They REALLY can't say he's not ..unless every time a character is injured we need them to do a strip tease and put their clothes back on for their petty closure on the matter.

Don't listen to them. If he didn't wear them anymore, you'd need to explain his speed in Shippuden. If he was so fast as a Genin, how come he's so slow as a Chuunin? Weights.

Paragon
11-09-2011, 06:32 PM
♫ You might be right, we gotta see him fight! ♫

Mr. sickVisionz
11-09-2011, 06:34 PM
we gotta see him fight!

I've been waiting for all of Shippuden to see this... not counting those god awfully animated mirror matches during the Rescue Gaara arc.

Sennin of Hardwork
11-09-2011, 07:49 PM
In what chapter did you read that OP? I believe he still carries them and hell, might as well increased the weight over the timeskip to be faster than he was in his fight against Gaara.

Nitty Scott
11-09-2011, 07:57 PM
♫ You might be right, we gotta see him fight! ♫

am I the only one getting annoyed with this?

Lee-Sensei
11-09-2011, 08:01 PM
In what chapter did you read that OP? I believe he still carries them and hell, might as well increased the weight over the timeskip to be faster than he was in his fight against Gaara.

I didn't read it. I think he still wears weights. It's just that someone else said that he doesn't unless Kishi shows him putting on weights. Personally, I think that's stupid logic right there.

Thunder
11-09-2011, 08:35 PM
I don't see why Lee would stop wearing them all of a sudden — it's good training. If anything, he increased the weight.

BurningVegeta
11-09-2011, 09:15 PM
There is no evidence at all to point out Rock Lee removing has removed ankle weights. If the Manga doesn't provide reasonable evidence and doesn't predate something - we should use what knowledge we do have and conclude nothing has changed. It was be logically to assume Rock Lee is still wearing them and as predicted by members here; heavier weights, as his training has increased in other areas.

lathia
11-09-2011, 09:24 PM

You'll get used to it, just like we got used to Killer Bee lol.

Besides,
♫Saru Goob is just being neat, if you don't like it? Deal with it!♫

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6703/minatodealwithit.png
:hoho

Mr. sickVisionz
11-09-2011, 09:26 PM

He's either doing it for praise or doing it to troll and be annoying. Either way, if you want to do your part to make it stop, ignore him. If he gets zero reaction he'll stop.

Sinista Chakra
11-09-2011, 09:33 PM
I would think he stills wears them. Its like dbz with goku wearin weights in his clothes

Vice
11-09-2011, 09:35 PM
I would assume that after his surgery he abandoned them completely.

PDQ
11-10-2011, 01:02 AM
It would call into serious question Gai and Lee's intelligence if he still were wearing them...
There's a difference between wearing weights all the time as a genin when your average task involves things like finding lost cats and sparring with your teammates and wearing them as a chuunin. Even the Chuunin exam was considered essentially a training exercise/competition. The consequences of handicapping yourself were practically nill(take the exam next year or look for the cat again). On the other hand, when you're a chuunin, potentially a squad leader, where you have upwards of B ranked missions, or even fighting in wars or against Akatsuki, handicapping yourself is frankly idiotic.
The apparent "decrease" in his speed postskip is more an artifact of a relatively lower speed gap compared to his competition. Showing him as a blur makes sense against Gaara, an opponent who pretty much stands still his entire fights, while it doesn't make sense against Kisame. It's the same reason Gai can appear behind Team 7 without even noticing when they first met him, but he never shows that speed when fighting Kisame.
You'd have to be out of your mind to think Lee could blitz Kisame if he weren't "held back by his weights". Heck, wearing weights against Kisame while taking them off against Gaara would be equivalent to Gai saying that Kisame was a weaker opponent than preliminary exam Gaara(before they even knew about him being a jinchuuriki). On top of that, they were traveling for 3 days and were rushing to get to the Sand. And now, in the middle of a war? How's he going to explain that to Tsunade? "Sorry my teammates died because I handicapped myself for training in the middle of the war". That would be grounds for an instant demotion if not firing of the both of them. It's one thing not opening the gates, because they do damage to yourself, but to wear weights, which actively tire yourself out while at the same time hindering your fighting capability, through anything they've gone through lately is just plain idiotic. You can't be that much of a fanboy to not see that.

Lee-Sensei
11-10-2011, 01:48 AM
No. The Chunin Exams were serious buisness where you could have easily been killed.

You can't be that much of a fanboy to not see that.

:lmao This coming from an anti, huh?:LOS

Jane Crocker
11-10-2011, 01:53 AM
He's either doing it for praise or doing it to troll and be annoying. Either way, if you want to do your part to make it stop, ignore him. If he gets zero reaction he'll stop.
I want him to keep replying in raps just because someone complained about it :lmao

PDQ
11-10-2011, 02:13 AM
No. The Chunin Exams were serious buisness where you could have easily been killed.

Potentially you could die, but for the most part, it was still a competition done to avoid war. The chance of death was significantly less than a war or fighting Akatsuki or even the bloody mist's training.
Even fighting was restricted at times, let alone killing:
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v05/c040/12.html

That being said, the Chuunin exam was most likely the first 'mission' he faced any real risk(considering his highest ranked mission completed before was C-ranked which can't even involve fighting other ninja) and he took off his weights there. In fact, every fight he was in the chuunin exam he opened the gates too, so holding back in life or death situations apparently is not his style. Hell, he even opened the gate to fight Sasuke.

So handicapping himself by wearing weights while going to fight Akatsuki is silly.

This coming from an anti, huh?
Anti-fanboyism? Yes, that's kinda the point...:facepalm

Lee-Sensei
11-10-2011, 02:18 AM
Potentially you could die, but for the most part, it was still a competition done to avoid war. The chance of death was significantly less than a war or fighting Akatsuki or even the bloody mist's training.
Even fighting was restricted at times, let alone killing:
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v05/c040/12.html

That being said, the Chuunin exam was most likely the first 'mission' he faced any real risk(considering his highest ranked mission completed before was C-ranked which can't even involve fighting other ninja) and he took off his weights there. In fact, every fight he was in the chuunin exam he opened the gates too, so holding back in life or death situations apparently is not his style. Hell, he even opened the gate to fight Sasuke.

So handicapping himself by wearing weights while going to fight Akatsuki is silly.

There was a huge possibility of death. They even had to sign a release form.

He only used the Gates to troll Sasuke. Not because it was necessary. He used it against Team Dosu because he was out numbered, and he used it against Gaara and Kimimaro because they're Gaara and Kimimaro.

Considering he started out with the weights against Gaara, and was reluctant to open Gates against him (and Kimimaro), he probably holds back.

Whether you think it's stupid or not, there's no denying that he still wears them unless stated otherwise, right?

PDQ
11-10-2011, 03:43 AM
There was a huge possibility of death. They even had to sign a release form.

You have to sign a release form when you go bungee jumping...so what?
He only used the Gates to troll Sasuke. Not because it was necessary.

He used the gates to get past the Sharingan's prediction.
He used it against Team Dosu because he was out numbered, and he used it against Gaara and Kimimaro because they're Gaara and Kimimaro.

And the point still stands that he's never managed to get through a single serious fight without removing some handicap. Yet he didn't take them off against Kisame. So you're either telling me that Gaara and Kimimaro and Team Dosu were more dangerous than Kisame or you're accepting that he doesn't wear them.

Also he used the gates and took off his weights to win a mock battle(potentially lethal but still one primarily for the sake of winning an exam and with a judge who'll jump in to stop things). Yet he kept his weights on in a battle against an Akatsuki member who was helping kill someone(Gaara) who saved his life twice against Kimimaro?
Considering he started out with the weights against Gaara, and was reluctant to open Gates against him (and Kimimaro), he probably holds back.

He started out wearing weights against Gaara because he didn't know how serious of a fight it'd be. He's reluctant to open gates because they do damage to himself and he was forbidden by Gai. The fact that he opens them at all says something.
Whether you think it's stupid or not, there's no denying that he still wears them unless stated otherwise, right?
There's no point in believing he still wears them unless shown otherwise.
The life of a genin is basically a trainee, so wearing training equipment makes sense. The life of chuunin involves protecting the lives of others and fighting in wars, so wearing training equipment doesn't make sense. He might wear them while training, but wearing them on missions is absurd.

Auto
11-10-2011, 05:01 AM
Rock lee taking off the weights against gaara and having the weights smash the ground the way it did... epic

Kiss
11-10-2011, 05:48 AM
I think he always wears them except when he goes to sleep lol.

Jad
11-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Rock lee definitely has those weights on. Probably has the same weight as Madara's meteors were attached to both of his ankles.

It reminds of the anime; "Law of Ueki" were this one character called "Ri Hō" never used his special power. Since he wanted to fight people using his Martial arts, instead of his specialty power. And even when the world was about to get overrun and destroyed by a very powerful entity, he still didn't use his special power, and would have rather died. So to me, this is like Rock Lee's case, he ain't going to chuck out those weights until his Sensei says so :P

OneHitKill
11-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Lee will never stop wearing weights! Instead he probably increased them 10 fold since Part 1!

When he takes them off and goes gate mode :argh

He'll be faster than KCM Naruto! Believe it :sanji

Lee-Sensei
11-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Anti-fanboyism? Yes, that's kinda the point...

Naw, I've seen your posts before.

He started out wearing weights against Gaara because he didn't know how serious of a fight it'd be. He's reluctant to open gates because they do damage to himself and he was forbidden by Gai. The fact that he opens them at all says something.

You've answered it yourself.

He used the Gate to troll Sasuke. He made it clear that he was significantly faster in the first place.

Until proven other wise we have to believe that he still wears them.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum