Doflamingo's Power

Chahige
09-12-2010, 11:10 AM
It seems likely that Doflamingo has some sort of String-String Devil Fruit, with he uses to attach invisible strings to people to "puppet-control" their bodies and can also use those strings for slicing and cutting attacks.

Bluebeard
09-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Most likely a DF. However, I don't think we've seen everything he can do with those invisible strings just yet.

I mean originally we thought he could just control people, but now he can apparently slice through limbs with ease as well.

Coruscation
09-12-2010, 11:14 AM
It's most likely a Devil Fruit power but it hasn't been confirmed yet so it could very well be a variation of Haki

I really, really hope not. Haki can probably do a lot of things that hasn't been revealed yet, but if it turns out it can be used to slice off body parts like an invisible wire I think I'll have to break something. I agree with Chahige: he most likely has the String-String fruit or some variation on that name.

Canute87
09-12-2010, 11:43 AM
This Haki thing is really annoying. Did you or did you not hear Rayleigh's explanation on the Haki thing?

Doflamingo's ability is df related.

Dinelle
09-12-2010, 11:48 AM
This Haki thing is really annoying. Did you or did you not hear Rayleigh's explanation on the Haki thing?

Doflamingo's ability is df related.

true everyone wants to spam haki one on someone who is strong.
and i think it is a df power

Godisman
09-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Doflamingo is another example were Oda takes a rather innocent looking DF (in this case most likely the String String no Mi) and somehow makes it awesome. Like Kumas Paw Paw no Mi, it takes some serious imagination to make a "Paw Paw" fruit strong and yet there it is, complete with allmighty deflection, and airbombs majeure. ^^

He does not use Haki with his DF ability although its possible he could if he wanted to...Doflamingo is an enigma.

Neptun
09-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Doflamingo can cut off giant legs. You think he's able to do that with haki?

I think he has a fruit similiar to Mr. 3 and Magellan. He can produce an unlimited supply of.. something and is able to controll it. Flamingo then uses this something as strings and controlls people's movement or cuts of their legs with it.
I'd say he is able to controll some sort of metal maybe?
I don't think it's a string string fruit for the simple reason that it would be way too specific.

Herekic
09-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Doflamingo can cut off giant legs. You think he's able to do that with haki?

I think he has a fruit similiar to Mr. 3 and Magellan. He can produce an unlimited supply of.. something and is able to controll it. Flamingo then uses this something as strings and controlls people's movement or cuts of their legs with it.
I'd say he is able to controll some sort of metal maybe?
I don't think it's a string string fruit for the simple reason that it would be way too specific.

Bellamy had the spring spring fruit.

there do exist fruits that give a specific item

Flame Emperor
09-12-2010, 01:16 PM
A DF.

It's ludicrous to beleive that he's 'skilled with strings'. And I also doubt that Haki can be used like that.

Chahige
09-12-2010, 01:55 PM
It's ludicrous to beleive that [Doflamingo] 'is skilled with strings'.
Why would it be so ludicrous for Doflamingo's powers to have it's source from producing strings (or wires or something similar), that he can use for various purposes (e.g. attaching them to peoples bodies to control their limbs, using them for cutting attacks etc.)?

Sayonara
09-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Looks pretty much like a puppeteer , whether the strings are a result of skill or DF I am not sure. Haki almost definitely has nothing to do with the actual skill, though theres definite advantage if he was to use it as a supplement.

Flame Emperor
09-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Why would it be so ludicrous for Doflamingo's powers to have it's source from producing strings (or wires or something similar), that he can use for various purposes (e.g. attaching them to peoples bodies to control their limbs, using them for cutting attacks etc.)?

That's the thing. How does he attach them to his opponents body without moving? (see what he did with one of WB's commanders)

I'm not saying that his power is not 'string-related', I'm saying that his power has to be a DF. (which is string-related)

God Movement
09-12-2010, 02:02 PM
I'm sorry if this has been done before but what do you guys think about Doflamingo's special "ability"? It's most likely a Devil Fruit power but it hasn't been confirmed yet so it could very well be a variation of Haki (projecting your will on others).
I'm pretty sure that it's not mind control because the victims are capable of speaking their mind. It seems that Doflamingo is only capable of manipulating their body for his own bidding through some invisible force. As far as we know, Doflamingo can completely control his victim's body with utmost ease seeing as not even Jozu, the 3rd Division Commander could fight against the power.

So what do you guys think?

no .

cry77
09-12-2010, 02:15 PM
why does everyone blame haki on every unexplained thing?

it would make haki waaaaaaaaay to owerpowered

Chahige
09-12-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm not saying that his power is not 'string-related', I'm saying that his power has to be a DF. (which is string-related)
^Well, then I misunderstood you. :) I thought you were saying that it's a ludicrous idea that Doflamingo has a string related ability whether it's source is a Devil Fruit (which I expect it is) or simple sleight of hand...

αce
09-12-2010, 02:24 PM
It's not haki.
But I'm not sure if it's a df either.

Flame Emperor
09-12-2010, 02:26 PM
^Well, then I misunderstood you. :) I thought you were saying that it's a ludicrous idea that Doflamingo has a string related ability whether it's source is a Devil Fruit (which I expect it is) or simple sleight of hand...
Yeah, some people beleive that he just good with strings, and he doesn't have a DF. That's what I was referring to, to be ludicrous.

Pink Matter
09-12-2010, 02:37 PM
no .

Your opinion.

αce
09-12-2010, 02:37 PM
If it's a haki move, Croc would be headless right now.

Canute87
09-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Your opinion.

Opinions differ but fact is some opinions are not worth to be respected or even listened to.

God Movement
09-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Your opinion.

No, it's a fact.

Law
09-12-2010, 05:30 PM
String-String Fruit.

And he uses it brilliantly.

helihound
09-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Opinions differ but fact is some opinions are not worth to be respected or even listened to.

Oh like yours for instance :D

God Movement
09-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Oh like yours for instance :D

Why isn't your rep bar blazing red?

MagmaFist
09-12-2010, 06:47 PM
It's a DF probably.
Its something like "string string fruit" but he will probably have a limit, like a limit to how many strings (or people) he can control at once, or a time limit to his powers.

Chahige
09-12-2010, 07:14 PM
I find it more likely that the potential String String fruit's "limit" is Doflamingo' own physical aptitude. For example; he can't puppet someone who is significantly stronger than himself (which would make him quite a beast, considering he could hold Jozu back) and the speed of his slicing-strings are only as fast as he can move them.

Law
09-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Him lopping off a super giant's leg, then puppeting Jozu were quite monstrous feats that don't get enough attention, in my opinion.

Dinelle
09-12-2010, 07:25 PM
poppet poppet no mi

helihound
09-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Why isn't your rep bar blazing red?

Makes no difference when trash like you denote anthers opinion, everyone deserves to be heard understand child?

It is up to the listener to take what they have heard into consideration.

trigimon
09-12-2010, 07:54 PM
If it's a haki move, Croc would be headless right now.

This. Shut this thread down.

Canute87
09-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Makes no difference when trash like you denote anthers opinion, everyone deserves to be heard understand child?

It is up to the listener to take what they have heard into consideration.

That is complete bullshit. Or would you spend time listening to people trying to tell you why the earth is still flat?

Coruscation
09-12-2010, 08:38 PM
I find it more likely that the potential String String fruit's "limit" is Doflamingo' own physical aptitude

While I think that makes sense - as someone else said, it's similar to how Kuma took a seemingly unimpressive fruit and used it in a way that made him an absolute monster - my only problem is that it seems like it would make him ridiculously overpowered against anyone not a Logia or perhaps a swordsman. How would someone like Luffy ever be able to fight against him?

youngmiyn
09-12-2010, 11:24 PM
i thinks its a df now he has to fight buggy

death1217
09-13-2010, 12:18 AM
I won't say whether its haki or df but couldn't armored be made soo thin that actually becomes like a sword or a string that could be used to cut people

Rasendori
09-13-2010, 12:24 AM
like a wire wire fruit, but uses haki to strengthen the cords.

Lipid Sama
09-13-2010, 12:31 AM
I would gamble a guess saying it's DF related. I like that string-string idea.

He would have a hard time handing a logia tho. So I could see him having basic, to low level haki control on top of his fruit.

Law
09-13-2010, 12:37 AM
Not sure why you'd assume he only has low-level haki control.

Doflamingo has the potential to be a major, major villain in this series. Especially with his attitudes towards dreams, new eras and his slavery business.

convict
09-13-2010, 12:59 AM
Him lopping off a super giant's leg, then puppeting Jozu were quite monstrous feats that don't get enough attention, in my opinion.

Doflamingo could potentially be the strongest character in One Piece right now. I am not saying he is, just that its a possibility seeing how amazing his DF is. C'mon he treated Jaws like fodder, and even Aokiji wouldn't do that.

Lipid Sama
09-13-2010, 01:58 AM
Not sure why you'd assume he only has low-level haki control.

Doflamingo has the potential to be a major, major villain in this series. Especially with his attitudes towards dreams, new eras and his slavery business.

I didn't mean low, as in weak level. I meant low, as in not a sovereign user. Sorry I didn't word that properly.

Chahige
09-13-2010, 04:56 AM
my only problem is that it seems like it would make [Doflamingo] ridiculously overpowered against anyone not a Logia or perhaps a swordsman. How would someone like Luffy ever be able to fight against him?
If Luffy has sufficient skill with Armored Haki and comparable reaction speed to Doflamingo's attack speed, he could potentially block the strings (with an Armored arm) or dodge them (Observation Haki would help as well).
That being said, it doesn't seem impossible to battle Doflamingo. It's just that he, by all appearance, is a beast, so you need speed, strength and skill to do it.

Pika305
09-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Joz would have to have Armor Haki on when he struck Croc and was able to attack him again so don't think it will be that simple.

Chahige
09-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Jozu was jumped, and just because he can potentially can block or dodge Doflamingo's strings doesn't mean Doflamingo will never land a string on him.

Pika305
09-13-2010, 12:28 PM
True, but at the time the strong caught him he would of been using armor mode as he was planning on attacking Croc. Observation Haki seem more like the way to go when against Dof until we get more definition on how his fruit works.

Coruscation
09-13-2010, 12:30 PM
If Luffy has sufficient skill with Armored Haki and comparable reaction speed to Doflamingo's attack speed, he could potentially block the strings (with an Armored arm) or dodge them (Observation Haki would help as well).

Well, the problem is that they're apparently invisible and sharp enough under Doflamingo's control to effortlessly tear the leg of a giant among giants. Still, I guess that just means he's likely to be a late opponent for a Luffy with extreme control over his Haki.

Chahige
09-13-2010, 12:52 PM
True, but at the time the strong caught him he would of been using armor mode as he was planning on attacking Croc. Observation Haki seem more like the way to go when against Dof until we get more definition on how his fruit works.
I didn't suggest that by simply using Armored Haki, you become immune to Doflamino's strings and remove any strings you might have on you. What I said was that it's possible you could block them (e.g. enforcing your arm and swat them aside or w/e) and dodge them - if your reaction speed is, at least, comparable to Doflamingo's attack speed. Though that obviously doesn't mean that just because you can block or dodge him, you'll do so every single time - even when blindsided by him.

Still, I guess that just means he's likely to be a late opponent for a Luffy with extreme control over his Haki.
Prior to the war, I imagined that Doflamingo would be the boss antagonist of Fishman Island. But considering his display during the war (holding Jozu back and cutting of Oars Jr.'s legs effortlessly), I'm not so sure if Luffy will be strong enough to handle him so soon (though that depends on Luffy's growth during the time skip).

Coruscation
09-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Ergo, I think it's Doflamingo's strength and skill that makes his attacks so powerful - not his ability in itself.

I agree, which is why I included "under Doflamingo's control". With that sort of cutting power it's hard to see even Armament Haki stopping it.

Chahige
09-13-2010, 01:16 PM
^Yeah, I edited my post but apparently I wasn't quick enough...

Pika305
09-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Ok. I was also thinking Dof would be an enemy during Fishman arc but after the war i'm thinking he'd be too strong even with time skip upgrade. Unless off course the battle against him becomes more of a team effort like Luffy/Jinbei and maybe Zoro helping then just a one on one with him escaping to later becoming a one one opponent for Luffy when he's truly strong enough.

Coruscation
09-13-2010, 01:44 PM
I mentioned it in another topic (I think it was on this forum, anyway) as well, but I was thinking that maybe Doflamingo will be the first major villain of the New World - not of Fishman Island, but of a long arc that merely has its start there, like the Baroque Works arc starting at Whiskey Peak. I like the idea of the Strawhats immediately being thrown into conflict with an enemy that by all accounts should be way, way out of their league, just like at the beginning of the Grand Line.

Dinelle
09-13-2010, 01:50 PM
I mentioned it in another topic (I think it was on this forum, anyway) as well, but I was thinking that maybe Doflamingo will be the first major villain of the New World - not of Fishman Island, but of a long arc that merely has its start there, like the Baroque Works arc starting at Whiskey Peak. I like the idea of the Strawhats immediately being thrown into conflict with an enemy that by all accounts should be way, way out of their league, just like at the beginning of the Grand Line.

you really talk some senseable shit you know.anyway i wish that might happen

Law
09-13-2010, 02:18 PM

That's almost word-for-word what I predicted would happen in the "Who will be the strawhats first major villain?" Thread.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum