Most Charitable Nations Index

Huntress
09-08-2010, 05:43 PM
why is china set to become the superpower of the world? cause it doesnt give its money away :zaru

Mider T
09-08-2010, 05:46 PM
I guess China's "ventures" in Africa aren't considered charity:zaru

But I'm interested in what exactly New Zealand gives and to who? If it's Antarctica preservation then that's a cop-out.

Yakushi Kabuto
09-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Or the top countries have more people who lied about doing good! /occasional pessimist. I vaguely wonder if this is sorta a list of GDP per capita instead. After all, developed countries top in giving. :P
In the West African nation of Liberia, only 8 percent of the population give money to charity every month, yet 76 percent regularly help a stranger — more than any other country.
This probably impressed me the most out of anything.

Xyloxi
09-08-2010, 07:56 PM

But I'm interested in what exactly New Zealand gives and to who? If it's Antarctica preservation then that's a cop-out.

I'd guess they send excess lamb to vegans?

CrazyMoronX
09-08-2010, 07:57 PM
All the good Americans doing community service and charitible acts are too busy performing charity and being modest to actually submit their input.

Real charitible people do not seek praise or recognition. :tomato

Keile
09-08-2010, 07:57 PM

China only "ventures" into Africa because it needs natural resources. It does so entirely for personal gain. I have already made it clear that the Chinese are unfit for superpower status. They are not charitable or humane in the slightest. They do not even treat their own people well, much less people that they think inferior.

Mider T
09-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Madagascar being dead-last is interesting. Considering it's a requirement of Islam to give up some of your profits to charity.

China only "ventures" into Africa because it needs natural resources. It does so entirely for personal gain. I have already made it clear that the Chinese are unfit for superpower status. They are not charitable or humane in the slightest. They do not even treat their own people well, much less people that they think inferior.

That's what I was hinting at bro:zaru

Inuhanyou
09-08-2010, 08:22 PM
5th place? Not bad, but for the supposed "greatest country in the world", we should be number one, i guess the danger of the green prevents that more than other, more developed nations :hurr

As for China, it wishes to secure its power bloc, of course. They have the wealth of a super power, but that's it, they don't know how to be a national power, let alone a super power :hurr

There is no soft power to speak of in China and what they do have, they secure to a certain amount, and everyone else lives in poverty. When you have more than a billion people in your country, that's a huge problem :hurr

Chausie
09-08-2010, 08:34 PM
yeah cause giving up your time and money to make things better in the world for people who really need it is just a competition.

crabman
09-08-2010, 08:35 PM

Who are you to say whether or not a nation is fit to be a superpower?

Gordon Ramsay
09-08-2010, 08:35 PM
lol China

nice to hear some nicer American news

Mider T
09-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Who are you to say whether or not a nation is fit to be a superpower?

An educated person.

Sillay
09-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Or the top countries have more people who lied about doing good

Pretty much this. In America, it feels like if you don't donate, you're a selfish, greedy asshole. Everyone wants to pretend to be good; you're brainwashed from first grade to look out for others constantly - whether it sticks or not...

LouDAgreat
09-08-2010, 09:12 PM
I think our tax code encourages donations and charity contributions. So, it could be that people aren't necessarily charitable, it's just a way for a tax break.

Black Wraith
09-08-2010, 09:22 PM
I wander where England is on the list.

Chausie
09-08-2010, 10:14 PM
http://www.cafonline.org/Default.aspx?page=19479

UK got 8 overall.

Chausie
09-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Download for the full report here http://www.cafonline.org/Default.aspx?page=19428

Casket
09-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Wow, Iceland sure is charitable considering their economic standing lately. Good for them!

Not shocked about china really, I always thought they were the 'jewish' of the Asian countries by far. Money grubbers. But I don't blame them considering their past. They should take care of their citizens more. The US takes care of their citizens the best while abroad.

I thought American's were the ones who donated the most out of anyone when it comes to natural disaster relief? Probably still the case, this tally seems to be on general donation.

Fruits Basket Fan
09-08-2010, 11:17 PM
I am surprised that the US is even in 5th place (and I live here).....

And I do not see Japan anywhere on the list (and I thought they are known to be "courteous" and think about the group).

Not that it matters, I was just surprised.

Chausie
09-08-2010, 11:21 PM
http://www.cafonline.org/pdf/0882A_WorldGivingReport_Interactive_070910.pdf

Japan ranked 119.

Page 12 of the report if you can't find them.

siyrean
09-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Love how Hong Kong is in the top twenty and then you look at the rest is Asia...

Casket
09-08-2010, 11:44 PM
I am surprised that the US is even in 5th place (and I live here).....

And I do not see Japan anywhere on the list (and I thought they are known to be "courteous" and think about the group).

Not that it matters, I was just surprised.

Japanese are very xenophobic... they fear foreigners the most out of anyone else... why help out the people you fear?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum