View Full Version : Japanese Discussion

Dark Shadow
05-28-2006, 03:06 PM
Umm..hey. Thanks for informing me about my previous question which did ok, so yeah. Thanks

Anyways, I have something new to ask. It's about them darn particles.

I know that 'no' is basically a possessive particle. So..
'Break no Supa Faita' would mean 'Break's Super Fighter'?

And I have no idea how to tell the difference between 'wa' and ga', even though I know about them being subject placeholders.

And I'm still confused about 'o' and 'e'. Please help! Thanks!

M00se
05-28-2006, 03:38 PM
can someone pm me the link (there was a link in one of the learn japanese something on the lines of "learn japanese with **** the cat" :P cant remember or find that link but it was verry good ) :P

jeffreysuk
05-28-2006, 03:51 PM
hey yoshitsune, it came out as question marks =/
can you write it with english letters?
thank you in advance x]

Yoshitsune
05-28-2006, 04:44 PM
hey yoshitsune, it came out as question marks =/
can you write it with english letters?
thank you in advance x]

I did...
Kashimashi Ga-ru Mi-tsu Ga-ru
the (-) means it's a long mark

To be able to read them, you should install the East Asian language pack into your computer, search this thread for the directions by Sumike on how to do it.

@dark shadow
Yes, your use of 'no' in that sentence is correct.

I've explained particles a lot already too...so here's a good link that explains them too!
http://japanese.about.com/blparticles.htm
It should really help!!

ubernoob
05-28-2006, 05:00 PM
can someone pm me the link (there was a link in one of the learn japanese something on the lines of "learn japanese with **** the cat" :P cant remember or find that link but it was verry good ) :P
it was learn japanese with the pizza cats. i used that way back in last summer when i first got interested in japanese but i have since lost the link. :(

The Black Knight
05-28-2006, 05:39 PM
I did...
Kashimashi Ga-ru Mi-tsu Ga-ru
the (-) means it's a long mark

To be able to read them, you should install the East Asian language pack into your computer, search this thread for the directions by Sumike on how to do it.

@dark shadow
Yes, your use of 'no' in that sentence is correct.

I've explained particles a lot already too...so here's a good link that explains them too!
http://japanese.about.com/blparticles.htm
It should really help!!

Whoever is learning particles:
For 助詞(joshi) or particle explanation check out my Advanced Japanese Lessons Thread in this forum....the first post I made in there was review on particles

Dark Shadow
05-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Sumike-Kaito, Yoshitsune, thanks! This helped a lot.

kuromoku
05-29-2006, 04:13 AM
here`s a poem for you all

Mina hito wa
Edo e yukuramu
Aki no kure
Ukiyo kara
Nanri arouka
Yamazakura

i got this from my new novel.....:)

M00se
05-29-2006, 05:33 AM
it was learn japanese with the pizza cats. i used that way back in last summer when i first got interested in japanese but i have since lost the link. :(

i used the link to keep remembering old stuff altho i got all the books for learn japanese for buissy people i still like to read of the net :)

darn gotta search for that link ^^

jeffreysuk
05-29-2006, 03:43 PM
does anyone know how ga-ru mi-tsu ga-ru is written in japanese?

since my computer doesnt support it, maybe someone can upload it or give me a link of a picture that has it?
thanks in advance smile-big

The Black Knight
05-29-2006, 06:25 PM
Do you want it in kana or kanji?

ubernoob
05-29-2006, 06:29 PM
i used the link to keep remembering old stuff altho i got all the books for learn japanese for buissy people i still like to read of the net :)

darn gotta search for that link ^^
i used japanese for busy people last semester lol. i liked using the "genki" books we had this semester more though.

jeffreysuk
05-29-2006, 09:13 PM
is this kana?
http://infohost.nmt.edu/~armiller/japanese/gifs/hira15.gif
can i just subsitute letters in "ga-ru mi-tsu ga-ru" with those?

Omolara
05-29-2006, 09:54 PM
Genki is a pretty good book, a little lacking in some places (like all foreign language texts) but still pretty good. At least the scenarios were interesting.

ubernoob
05-29-2006, 10:31 PM
is this kana?
http://infohost.nmt.edu/~armiller/japanese/gifs/hira15.gif
can i just subsitute letters in "ga-ru mi-tsu ga-ru" with those?
that is kana, hiragana to be exact. so long as garumitsugaru is of japanese origin hiragana works. if it is an imported word it would be in katakana

jeffreysuk
05-29-2006, 11:11 PM
http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL825/2840272/6873379/151067079.jpg
correct?

Yoshitsune
05-30-2006, 12:07 AM
not correct..

First of all, that sentence is not of Japanese origin, so you need to use katakana, the hard cornered symbols.

And, it's GA-RU (there is a long mark after the GA that looks like this: -)
And there is also a - after the MI

Here' the anime you want, the bottom small kana spell Girl Meets Girls, and the top blue kana spell Kashimashi
http://www.mediaworks.co.jp/special/daioh/img/kshmsh.jpg

jeffreysuk
05-30-2006, 12:45 AM
ah yoshitsune! my hero :D

Remus
05-30-2006, 01:28 AM
Yus, but remember that dashes are used in katakana, but not hiragana. Then double letters are used instead ^__^

The Black Knight
05-30-2006, 01:38 AM
Pinkmint, double vowels, and the long consanant sound are completly different. Yes, I doubt you'll ever see the long consonant in hiragana, it's pretty rare. But double vowel means the vowel is pronounced twice. The word for good is not pronounced i- (With a dragged out, or long "-i" sound.) It is ii and pronounced that way. ee-ee. There's no stressed syllables, but the pitch falls on the second i.

Here's that phrase written. Since you don't have font support, I drew it by hand and took a picture. I tried to be as neat as I could because I have really bad handwriting. The one circled is the one you want. The other one is just my name. I felt like writing it to be stupid, but it's barely legible because the marker bled.

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/6189/capt0204ai.png
If you draw it, make sure to draw the "smiley face" one carefully. As slight changes can change it from "tsu" to "shi." Make sure the 2 little marks are pointing down and not sideways. If you really want to make sure, have a little nick where it sticks out at the top. Look at my drawing to see. It should barely protrude from the rest of the character.

Remus
05-30-2006, 01:51 AM
*shrugs* I meant it in the context of writing foreign words. It isn't done in hiragana, really, but some people think that it's prettier and like the write their words that way.

It's kind of hard to miss your point when you listen to some Japanese songs XD "A-i wo shi-n-jite" lol

The Black Knight
05-30-2006, 02:03 AM
Yeah, double vowel sound is a hard concept to grasp for an English speaker unless they hear it. To those who do not understand pay attention to when someone says the word good, ii (ee-ee) in an anime. It will be especially apparent in a song in which they often drag the syllables out.

M00se
05-30-2006, 07:43 AM
yay i found the old post by using google :D weee i got the pizza cats site :P now to keep me refreshed :P btw i orderd the Genki book :) lets see how well they will teach me ^^

Yoshitsune
05-30-2006, 10:42 AM
Genki book is good, lower levels in my school use it, But you should also read up on Japanese culture and some history since that book only has like I think 1 tiny section per chapter, tiny.

ubernoob
05-30-2006, 01:22 PM
yea not much japanese culture or history in that book. it's nice for learning the language. the only problem i had with it is the kanji that cooincide with the lessons don't reflect the vocab. so in other words the kanji you learn might not have anything to do with the lesson you are on.

ViolentlyHappy
05-30-2006, 04:10 PM
idk why but my friend kinda makes fun of me for liking the japanese culture and it kinda gets me down :can ..... but I'm still working at it!

Yoshitsune
05-30-2006, 06:54 PM
He probably thinks you're a Japanophile or something, just don't just like anime and you'll be fine :)

If he makes fun of you, ask him how many languages he knows and how many different things about other cultures he is knowledgeable of. That will make him think.

Remus
05-30-2006, 10:49 PM
^ Knowing 16 year olds, it probably won't :(

jeffreysuk
06-01-2006, 01:40 AM
which type of japanese language is used most commonly in japan? in japanese schools?

The Black Knight
06-01-2006, 09:23 PM
何? What do you mean?

Dialects? [方言(ほうげん)-hougen]

It depends on the area in which they live? Different dialects for different prefectures and regions. Some of the major one's are Tokyo, Kansai, and Osaka dialects. (Tokyo-ben, Kansai-ben, Osaka-ben). I also have a friend that speaks in Yamaguchi-ben.

Slang? Yes, there are lots of slang words and weird abbreviations that people use. There is also pre-war Japanese that the older pre-WWII generation speaks. I don't know a ton of the new slang though.

Please be more specific about what your asking though.

Yondy
06-02-2006, 11:23 PM
I have a question, does 'Rekkou' mean anything in Japanese? Since I think I finally though of an original name, but I don't want it to mean somethnig weird. XD

Yoshitsune
06-02-2006, 11:35 PM
Um...bad luck Yondi, real bad luck....
It means anus..

裂肛 - Rekkou
Look it up, it exists in Chinese too

The Black Knight
06-03-2006, 12:52 AM
I laughed once i saw it

笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑笑

Remus
06-03-2006, 01:52 AM
Wow, and I thought it was bad when I found out my "made up" japanese name meant salt XD

The Black Knight
06-03-2006, 02:25 AM
salt used to be used as a form of currency years ago, as it was very valuable as a preservative :amuse

Yoshitsune
06-03-2006, 02:35 AM
Salt was the form of currency around the silk road, hence why the word "SALARY" means what it means ~ it comes from the word sal, meaning salt!

Remus
06-03-2006, 03:48 AM
It was also used in Egypt :D I've heard some places that salt was worth its weight in gold :0 Still, I wouldn't name my kid salt if I wanted to be bling'in XDD

Yondy
06-03-2006, 03:15 PM
Um...bad luck Yondi, real bad luck....
It means anus..

?? - Rekkou
Look it up, it exists in Chinese too

:lmao!!!!!!!!

LMFAO!!

That is hilarious, I actually thought I made up a cool sounding
japanese word, until I found out the definetion! XDDDDD

Okay, I have some more questions, what's 'Blue Eyed Hero' in japanese?

And what's Yellow Flash in Japanese?

Thanks! =)

The Black Knight
06-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Kiroi furasshu
黄色いフラッシュ - Yellow Flash (I know that's a name in Naruto, and it's probably something different.)

Kiroi -> adjective form of yellow (-i adjective)
furasshu ->Japanese/English loan word for Flash

Aoi me no eiyuu
青い目の英雄 - Blue Eyed Hero (lit. Hero of(with) blue eyes)

Aoi - adjective form of blue (-i adjective)
me - eye
no - particle that shows relationships between nouns
eiyuu - hero

Yondy
06-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Thanks a bunch! ^^

oh, what does 'Oro?' mean? =)

The Black Knight
06-03-2006, 06:10 PM
unless it is a slang term, the only definition I know is something you don't wanna know.

oro is a type of vaginal discharge

as for ouro - it means outward journey

...where are you getting these words or ideas for them, first you asked about the word for anus, and now vaginal discharge.....lol

Yondy
06-03-2006, 06:13 PM
XDD, hmm, I thought it meant something since in the Manga Rurouni Kenshin the main character always says 'Oro?'.

And I thought Rekkou was an original name >.>
-------
ney:

Next Stop Spoilerville:

You have reached Spoilerville main station, please enjoy your stay here!:

You exit the train:

You see a taxi pull up, and the driver says...:

Please enter the taxi:

You're current en route to the city hall, where you will meet the king of all spoilers:

The king welcomes to the dungeon...er I mean city hall:

He invites you to a feast:

You wonder why so many skeletons are hanging on the walls:

You decide you're really hungry, and forget about the rottin corpses around you:

While on the way to eat at the royal feast, the floor opens up below you:

You look at the ground motionless, like in road runner the cartoon. Then...:

You start falling:

You're still falling:

Still falling:

You look at you're watch, and curse for being such a retard:

You know...:

Care to ask what you're still doing?:

You're falling....duhh:

It's gotta end sometime!:

Damn, this is a big pit...is it bottomless?:

Nope you hit the ground and break your neck:

You died!:

What a shitty way to die, huh?:

You're ascending in the sky, and are at the pearly gates:

You are judged and sent to hell cause God doesn't like you. Plus being stupid doesn't get you brownie points.:

Upon arriving to hell.....:

You find it's another huge pit!:

WTF!!!!!!:

Only this time it's bottomless for rizzle!:

You are pushed into it, and start to fall:

Still Falling:

You know hell's supposed to last for at eternity:

Eternity huh?...That's a long time:

Doesn't your life suck:

Now you wish you never went to spoiler villervile dont ya?:

Hey I got something to tell you!:

You're Still Falling! HAHA:

I'm a bitch aren't I?:

Well it's you're fault for being stupid, and going to hell...you didn't have to click this:

I got something else to tell you:

Hey guess what?:

You're still falling!:

I really am a bitch arent I?:

You have no life...wanna know why?:

Cause you're still reading this:

I'm tired of typing so God decides to give you a second chance:

I'll add more later, so it will be infinite. (technicaly):
-------

:(

The Black Knight
06-03-2006, 06:17 PM
It might be some type of name, slang, or have some other connotation to it.

jeffreysuk
06-03-2006, 08:47 PM
how do you say "my love"
not as in, "my love for you..."
but as in, "to my love..."

The Black Knight
06-03-2006, 10:11 PM
love as person....I'm not exactly sure...I think I know, but i'll let Yoshi answer it.

Remus
06-03-2006, 11:50 PM
woah, it took me like ten reads to figure out shigge and abataru XD I was like... a-battle? I'd say アヴァタ一, but that's up to personal taste I guess >.> *isn't a smart ass, ころさないでください* XD

The Black Knight
06-04-2006, 02:20 AM
ころそう、 貴様! ああーーーー!!!Just Kidding! or am i? O.o

Yeah when I first read it, I had to ask Yoshi what the hell シッゲ(shigge) was but I figured it out, and as for abataru, I did not know the word; My dictionary told me "gongen," but that's the avatar in the hindu religion, so I made my own word by katakanaizing the word avatar into abataru.

Remus
06-04-2006, 02:29 AM
Well it would probably be an entirely different word in Japanese, since an avatar is just a person/thing that represents something. Like the Queen of England could be the avatar of the people or something >.> Then again, you probably already knew that, lol.

By the way, what does 貴様 mean, and is there a way to say "or something" in Japanese? XD

The Black Knight
06-04-2006, 02:37 AM
It means kisama...which don't take that too vulgarly....hehe

I'm not sure about or something as phrase, but ka nanika, ka of course as you know means or.

nahaku
06-04-2006, 07:58 PM
basic words i know..only basic words.. koniciwa.. komenazai..sunimaseh...baka.. gaki...datebayo.. shantayo..saru...onee chan..ojee chan....oka-san...oto-san..... ETC.

Yondy
06-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Would Kiiroi Tenkou be another, or possible the right translation of 'Yellow Flash'

The Black Knight
06-04-2006, 09:20 PM
I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but tenkou was close enough to the word to trigger it in my mind. The right name is Kiroi Senkou.

Kiroi - adj form of yello
senkou - flash

Also speaking of errors, your Edward Elric sig is wrong its "Hagane no Renkinjutsushi" Without the shi it means Alchemy. Adding the shi makes it a person who does Alchemy (Alchemist).

The literal translation is "Alchemist of Steel" or "Steel Alchemist," but the producers liked fullmetal better, and so they changed it.

Remus
06-05-2006, 12:45 AM
It means kisama...which don't take that too vulgarly....hehe

I'm not sure about or something as phrase, but ka nanika, ka of course as you know means or.

Oooh *sees the sama part now* And >=0 Kisama!? lol not offended though, guess I haven't been exposed to enough Japanese culture XD

Yeah, I actually just learned ka as or in the past year >.> They leave out a couple obvious basics at school, it seems ><

That's good, nahaku, more than I knew when I first started learning. Which was nothing o.o (no, I hadn't even heard the doumo arigatou mister roboto song, and I thought sayonora was Italian XD)

but they're actually spelled like: konnichi wa, gomenasai, sumimasen (I'm guessing?) baka is right ^^, dattebayo, saru, onee chan, ojii chan, okaa-san, otoo-san

No idea what Gaki or Shantayo mean, and I've lost my dictionary, yet again :\

The Black Knight
06-05-2006, 05:01 PM
no it doesn't there a few different words for the word but, depending on how it's used.

Maybe shandayo (shan da yo) - which means "he/she/you/I/etc am beautiful"

Yup gaki means kid in the sense of a brat. In kanji --> 餓鬼

botoman
06-05-2006, 06:35 PM
nahaku might be referring to "Shannaro-," that thing Sakura screams when she's mad.

jeffreysuk
06-06-2006, 12:12 AM
dame = useless

dame da = it is useless?

The Black Knight
06-06-2006, 12:39 AM
Yup but without the question mark

dame da = dame desu = He/she/it/I/etc is useless.

jeffreysuk
06-06-2006, 07:50 PM
how do you say "this is destiny... right?"
is it " kore was unmei... ne?"

Portaljacker
06-06-2006, 08:04 PM
I think that's it, although I'm pretty sure it's "wa" not "was".

The Black Knight
06-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Yeah, destiny as in fate....

This is fate....right?
Kore wa unmei desu ne
此れは運命ですね

Portaljacker
06-06-2006, 09:09 PM
I almost had it. I guess I really do need to read AmenoKitarou's lessons.

jeffreysuk
06-06-2006, 09:19 PM
thats what i meant, haha

The Black Knight
06-06-2006, 09:58 PM
もう質問か?
(もう しつもん か)
(mou shitsumon ka)
(any more questions?)

Sk8ur_mac
06-06-2006, 10:21 PM
I learned some Japanese last year.But i foregot all of them.

jeffreysuk
06-07-2006, 12:07 AM
do you know how to say something similar to "omg" in japanese?

shikataganai
06-07-2006, 01:36 AM
hm ive heard "damn it" in a TON of anime but i can never figure out exaclty wtf they're saying so.....wtf are they saying???

shikataganai
06-07-2006, 01:37 AM
hm ive heard "damn it" in a TON of anime but i can never figure out exaclty wtf they're saying so.....wtf are they saying???

shikataganai
06-07-2006, 01:38 AM
ahhh omg my comp lagged and i posted same ting twice srrys

vanh
06-07-2006, 01:41 AM
damn it = chikuso
Shit = kuso

jeffreysuk
06-07-2006, 02:07 AM
you can say kuso as itself?

The Black Knight
06-07-2006, 07:02 AM
yeah kuso sounds like kasa in the animes. The u is "whispered/silent" and the o is just pronounced and people mistake it for an a sound. the o is pronounced like oh.

vanh
06-07-2006, 07:10 AM
Sumike , how can we use " dakedo " ? :oh I have been taught only to use to formal grammar form .But it's not used often. Just like in English, there are slangs, right ?

So how can we use that kind of talking ,for example : nemui dakedo . Is it changed when using with adjectives, nouns or sth ?

The Black Knight
06-07-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm not sure what you are asking....are you talking about dakedo as one word?
If so it is a conjunction meaning however.

nemui means sleepy/tired/drowsy.

As far as polite/formal forms. For the most part, you a gaijin learning Japanese will use formal forms. It's hard to know exactly when to use what without being immersed in the culture.

Use plain forms when talking with friends, those younger or of lower status. Being to polite to friends can be weird.

You use plain forms with you close friends, family, or talking to yourself.
Polite forms with people you just meet, people you respect, older people, higher status/authority.

Respectful language is pretty self-explanatory. Humble/Honorific are the really hard ones, these are ussed commonly in business situations, offices, etc.
Humble lowers yourself, Honorific raises the speaker. You would use honorifics alot with your company president, or to your customers...etc

Honorifics in Japanese are broadly referred to as keigo (敬語, literally "respectful language"), and fall under three main categories: sonkeigo (尊敬語; respectful language), kensongo (謙遜語) or kenjōgo (謙譲語), modest or humble language, and teineigo (丁寧語), polite language. Each type of speech has its own vocabulary and verb endings.

Search Wikipedia.org for Japanese Honorifics. Also maybe Yoshitsuneさん can come and give a good explanation.

Me, I mostly use plain forms, as I talk to people around my age. The only ones I talk to in Japanese are the guys here, 1 girl I met online, and my girlfriend. I use plain forms with all of them, and I won't really use words like "kimi" with anyone else but my girlfriend.
Now I also work in the summer for a Japanese company in the summer helping make sure English translations are accurate, and take care of menial (sp?) stuff like answering the phone. But there I always use polite or honorific forms, mainly because everyone is alot older, and most of the guys in my office are of high position. They sometimes laugh though when I get a sentence wrong, and they are very understandable though since I don't speak Japanese practically 24/7.
Maybe Yoshitsune can add to my explanations, also check out the Internet articles. Botoman or Katsuki might be able to explain some more too.

jibunwasugoi
06-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Good morning from Japan. This is the first time I have been able to use a computer in a while. The keyboard is massive and I have to go to class but Japan is kickin`.

The Black Knight
06-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Are you in a transfer program for a University Japanese class? Or did you go there and decide to take some classes. I also asked what city are you in (何都市にいるか) on the other thread.

Hope you have fun. Made any friends yet. Have you had a 日本語 conversation with a 日本人 yet? .....lol

vanh
06-08-2006, 12:23 AM
Ah, yeah, I know that it's a plain form to use in daily conversation among people at about the same ages. But I want to know how "dakedo" transforms when we use it after a noun, adj , or a verb ?

Sorry, I'm not taught how to use plain form grammr at school. We must use formal form all the time, which somewhat annoys me .

ubernoob
06-08-2006, 01:11 AM
well i took my japanese 2 final it went ok. but there are still things i dont know. i was wondering how do you say "to be able to" ie "I can swim" "i can't eat fish because im alergic" etc

Uchiha_E.B.
06-08-2006, 08:42 AM
Hey how do u say "you are weak" in Japanese

Yoshitsune
06-08-2006, 01:38 PM
Hey how do u say "you are weak" in Japanese

Omae ga yowai.
Omae ga yowaki da.

Both same thing, but second one is the noun for weak - weak person

Remus
06-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Ah, yeah, I know that it's a plain form to use in daily conversation among people at about the same ages. But I want to know how "dakedo" transforms when we use it after a noun, adj , or a verb ?

Sorry, I'm not taught how to use plain form grammr at school. We must use formal form all the time, which somewhat annoys me .

Dakedo just means but, it's kedo/keredo/keredomo with the sentence-ending da added. I dunno if that's what you wanted to know or not ;__;

姉は頭がいいだけど、きれいじゃないよ。
ane wa atama ga ii da kedo, kirei ja nai yo.
My sister is smart, but she isn't pretty.

I think XD

Yoshitsune
06-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Dakedo just means but, it's kedo/keredo/keredomo with the sentence-ending da added. I dunno if that's what you wanted to know or not ;__;

姉は頭がいいだけど、きれいじゃないよ。
ane wa atama ga ii da kedo, kirei ja nai yo.
My sister is smart, but she isn't pretty.

I think XD

You don't put "da" after ii adjectives or verbs when using "kedo", so it should be:

Ane ga atama ga ii kedo, kirei ja nai yo.

Remus
06-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Well, then we'll say uhm... fuben instead of atama ga ii and take out the ja nai XD

Forgive me, I rarely use 'da' :cry

The Black Knight
06-08-2006, 08:40 PM
It's not only that but you don't really use the copula with -i adjectives. Just leave them in their dictionary form at the end of the sentence and it will act as a verb.

典子は可愛い - Noriko wa kawaii (Noriko is cute) <-----And trust me, she is!

MiNoRu088
06-09-2006, 12:19 AM
well the longest and the least Japanese paragraph i can pronounce is:( sorry if it's not in Japanese. i use Romaji often because my computer doesn't have Japanese language. sumimasen.)

"Subete no ningen wa,umare nagara ni shitte jiyu de ari, katsu, songen to kenri to ni tsuite byodo de aru. Ningen wa, risei to ryoshin o sazukerareteari, tagai ni doho no seishin o motto kodo shinakereba naranai."

i translated it from this paragraph:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in the spirit of brotherhood..."

at first it was really hard to pronounce and translate. right now, i couldn't even write it in mixed kanji and hiragana...:(

vanh
06-09-2006, 01:57 AM
You don't put "da" after ii adjectives or verbs when using "kedo", so it should be:

Ane ga atama ga ii kedo, kirei ja nai yo.

so it should be like this :

nemui kedo *ii adj*

but :

kirei dakedo

Thanks a lot , pinkmit , Yoshi and Sumike :)

Remus
06-09-2006, 02:06 AM
nemui and kirei are both ~i adjectives ;_; Unless that's what you're saying?

vanh
06-09-2006, 02:08 AM
I thought "Kirei" is a "na" adj ?

Yoshitsune
06-09-2006, 02:10 AM
Kirei is a "na" adjective

Kirei na mono~
Kirei da kedo.

Remus
06-09-2006, 02:21 AM
urgh it is, isn't it. ashita motto kirei na yoru e yukerukara ):

*slinks away in defeat* at least I got nemui right? ;_; Or is it? Nemukatta is the past form right...

I fail v_v

Yoshitsune
06-09-2006, 02:43 AM
Nemui kedo...Though I'm sleepy
Nemukatta kedo... Though I was sleepy.;.

Either way is fine :D

semperfi
06-09-2006, 05:07 AM
can someone wright down
AIKIDO in japanese letters for me?????

The Black Knight
06-09-2006, 07:27 AM
あいきど <----Aikido! :amuse

Narush
06-09-2006, 08:26 PM
how do we say "reading dog" in japanese
thanks in advance

Yoshitsune
06-09-2006, 08:28 PM
reading dog?
what's that in english?

Remus
06-11-2006, 03:04 AM
yomu inu? yomiteiru inu?

I'm not entirely sure if you can do the second one, please correct me someone o.o

AmenoKitarou
06-11-2006, 03:10 AM
Long time no see peoples~~~

yomiteiru is wrong~

yondeiru inu~ is the correct one~

Remus
06-11-2006, 03:11 AM
...omg, duh. One week out of japanese class and I already forget ~te form -__-' *banishes self to the Japanese 1 level questions*

Yoshitsune
06-11-2006, 03:14 AM
I didn't know if reading dog was a kind of dog that helped pepople read...
I didn't realize you just meant a dog that is reading...haha

Remus
06-11-2006, 03:14 AM
Did they mean that? I'm still unsure XD

Yoshitsune
06-11-2006, 03:17 AM
yeah it's what you wanted ( a dog that is reading ) or a dog that reads

yonde iru inu - a dog that is reading
yomeru inu - a dog that can read
yomiken - a reading-dog

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum