Why Kishi Really split the Kyuubi in half

Euraj
07-29-2010, 03:52 PM
My old guess was always that he'd only learn to use half of it so the other could be used by Akatsuki. It remains that to this day.

Bild
07-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Well, I was hoping this very issue to be explained during the flashback. More specifically in relation to Naruto as a Host.

So far all we've got is that Minato's reason to split it is twofold:

1. The Dead Demon Consuming Seal can't seal the whole Nine Tails away.
2. He can't leave the Nine Tails without a Host, lest risk Madara getting control of it once it is reborn.

Hopefully, Naruto's training with KB will shed more light on the matter.

Marco
07-29-2010, 03:54 PM
My original theory had been that Minato figured out Tobi used the Yin part to control Kyuubi. Well the latest chapters proved me wrong.

Ichiurto
Lets say they get the Yin chakra from the Dead Demon somehow..

Wouldn't that imbalance the 10-Tails? He'd have more Yin chakra than Yang...

Mathias124
i see two reasons.

1) if madara gets the kyuubi he wont be able to create a perfect juubi and therefore has a weakness which naruto and sasuke will exploit

2) Because naruto is supposed to only have half the chakra so its easier to control the kyuubi

NinjaSatan
07-29-2010, 04:00 PM
To Mathias124

Your second reason makes no sense. Minato wanted Naruto to have the Kyuubi so he could use it as a weapon against Madara. Minato clearly belives in his son's ablilities so there is no reason he would lessen Naruto's potential and hold back half just to make it "easier to control."

Naruuby
07-29-2010, 04:01 PM
kishi doesn't want naruto have the full physical transformation like killerbee, so kishi made kyuubi's yin chakra(physical) sealed into minato. But naruto is still able to use 100% of kyuubi's chakra which only resides in the yang(mental).

Laxus
07-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Considering the Kyuubi can come back to life after dying it's not unreasonable to say the chakra regenerated or something in the past 15 years.

Although I think the Death God might be so shown again, Madara might have to bust the other half out somehow.

Nuzents
07-29-2010, 04:05 PM
My guess, seems this was added later on in part 2 after juubi and such

so i go with:

it will become important that their is not a perfect juubi when Madara creates and this gives Naruto a chance to defeat it also, if naruto is captured, I don't think he will die. His mom survived (well could have) after having the whole kyuubi ripped from her with her special charka. With only half, I think naruto will be alright if he ever loses it.

Munboy Dracule O'Brian
07-29-2010, 04:14 PM
He realised how much hax Naruto would be if he had the whole beast.

Amatérasu’s Son
07-29-2010, 04:34 PM
POST #4800

Splitting it as a matter of practicality.

Consider that there has never been a perfect Kyubi jinchuriki.

Think about it. If Kushina and Mito had reached even Killer Bee's level then they wouldn't have had to worry about the Kyubi escaping during the birth. I think that it is actually impossible to make a perfect Jinchuriki with the whole Kyubi. We saw how strong it was against Naruto, imagine if it was twice as strong.

On Shiki Fujin I often wonder if it is possible to release it. Every Fuin has a Kai. What would be the result of releasing the Shiki Fujin? Is it possible or would it take an equal sacrifice to get the Shinigami to spit something up?

pararemix
07-29-2010, 04:39 PM
I'll take the simplistic approach: he sealed only half because Kishi needed a way for him to die. If he just "got killed" by Madara or the Kyuubi, that would have decreased his badass-ness. Summoning a friggin Death God is a cool way to go out.

Leptirica
07-29-2010, 04:41 PM
So Naruto wouldn't die during extraction? Half the bijuu, half the damage.

Rivara
07-29-2010, 04:43 PM
But why is the chakra perfectly split into yin and yang? Why couldn't the death god absorb like 52 or 48 % of Kyuubi's chakra?

Nikushimi
07-29-2010, 04:43 PM
It's an excuse to rip open that Shinigami's belly and say "Hai" to all the former Hokage arm-wrestling in there.

Trust me, that'll be Naruto's next destination. 100% PROOVED.

Shadow050
07-29-2010, 04:47 PM
maybe it will respawn so the juubi shenanigans can begin lol

B.o.t.i
07-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Well from everything said the full kyuubi was too much power for baby naruto despite his chakra resistance.

Kushina got the kyuubi when she was pretty young still in academy going by flashback.

A full kyuubi sealed in baby naruto probably would of failed as naruto had no chakra control or anything.

Think thats it baby naruto too weak too hold full kyuubi power but now however get that other half damn it :pek

Lelouch71
07-29-2010, 05:04 PM
To make it easier to take the Kyuubi's chakra and probably for a back-up just in case Madara did somehow get his hands on the Kyuubi. He would only get a weaker version of Juubi which makes him perfectly beatable.

naruto27
07-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Minato didn't have the strength to do it. He went numb after taking only half of it. OR maybe taking half only took half his own life and thats why he was still able to move until the kyuubi put a claw through him.

Malv213
07-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Lets say they get the Yin chakra from the Dead Demon somehow..

Wouldn't that imbalance the 10-Tails? He'd have more Yin chakra than Yang...

I don't think so. Remember, all of the Kyuubi's chakra was originally part of the 10-tails anyway. So it'd even out.

kbrdsk
07-29-2010, 06:05 PM
when were we first told that yondaime had split the chakra?

Judecious
07-29-2010, 06:06 PM
if kishi gave naruto the full chakra of the kyuubi, he would be owning every1.

vagnard
07-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Maybe to make Madara retrieve the other half with some PNJ so sparing Naruto from the ritual of separation given he relies on Kyuubi's power to get Rikudo Mode.

Or like others have say having half of Kyuubi's chakra will make an incomplete Juubi creating a weakness for Naruto to exploit.

Judecious
07-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Maybe to make Madara retrieve the other half with some PNJ so sparing Naruto from the ritual of separation given he relies on Kyuubi's power to get Rikudo Mode.

Or like others have say having half of Kyuubi's chakra will make an incomplete Juubi creating a weakness for Naruto to exploit.

or maybe naruto with full chakra would be too powerful?:huh

Psi Factor
07-29-2010, 07:44 PM
or maybe naruto with full chakra would be too powerful?:huh

That makes no sense at all because Naruto should be too powerful or have you forgotten that he might possibly have to fight the Jubbi/Jubbimadara itself of which Kyubbi is only a part of. Next.

Judecious
07-29-2010, 07:53 PM
That makes no sense at all because Naruto should be too powerful or have you forgotten that he might possibly have to fight the Jubbi/Jubbimadara itself of which Kyubbi is only a part of. Next.

i am talking about his previous fights, do you think naruto with the kyuubi full chakra would have lost to any1?

Psi Factor
07-29-2010, 08:03 PM
i am talking about his previous fights, do you think naruto with the kyuubi full chakra would have lost to any1?

He wasn't able to control it before for his advantage so there was no point if its half or not. Not that he was ever defeated completely with even only half the kyubbi when it truly started coming out aka Jiraiya, Oro 4 and Pain 8 tails.

I think an incomplete Jubbi theory makes the most sense. Naruto & Sasuke possibly will be able to take advantage of its imperfection to their victory.

Lion-O
07-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Well, the past chapters are already set in stone but I'm sure that if you look at the past fights where Naruto went Kyuubi and think what 100% Kyuubi would have done, everyone pretty much would have been raped-stomped.

Naruto vs. Sasuke @ VotE - Sasuke would have been near death easily

Naruto vs. Orichimaru - Remember when Kyuubi bitch-slapped Sakura? Her head would have came off.

Naruto vs. Pain - Look what Naruto did to Pain with 50%. 100% would have been ownage-overkill.

It also leaves something to desire though. I'm sure there is a plan for Naruto to get that 50% Kyuubi back from the death god.

Judecious
07-29-2010, 08:09 PM
He wasn't able to control it before for his advantage so there was no point if its half or not. Not that he was ever defeated completely with even only half the kyubbi when it truly started coming out aka Jiraiya, Oro 4 and Pain 8 tails.

I think an incomplete Jubbi theory makes the most sense. Naruto & Sasuke possibly will be able to take advantage of its imperfection to their victory.

so naruto with no kyuubi chakra and sasuke are suppose to beat jubi and maybe even madara:notrust

naruto needs kyuubi chakra for "that jutsu"

Brainsucker
07-29-2010, 08:18 PM
Ok, so it's shown in this latest chapter that Minato seals half the kyuubi in Naruto, so that means the other half is in the death demon with Minato. We've all known this.

But WHY?

Think, it could've been just as easy for Kishi to write Minato sealing the whole Kyuubi in Naruto, but he didn't. Personally the idea of a whole whopping 50% of Kyuubi chakra just erased away for eternity seems ridiculous to me! I think the fact that Naruto only has half the Kyuubi will become important later on in the manga. We might learn more about the death demon technique and what really happens to its users (Kyuubi chakra, Minato, even the 3rd) as the story progresses.

So I'm asking you guys this: Do YOU think this half Kyuubi idea has any relevance? Speculate on why Kishi wrote this in the way he that he did. Remember to have fun and be respectful!

P.S This makes Naruto only a half-Jinchuuriki! HA!

It is for the appearance of Juubi.

Psi Factor
07-29-2010, 08:19 PM
so naruto with no kyuubi chakra and sasuke are suppose to beat jubi and maybe even madara:notrust

Wat?
10characterlimit

Judecious
07-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Wat?
10characterlimit

do you think naruto "who by your statement will get kyuubi chakra taken away" can actually fight the Jubi?

also you need kyuubi chakra for "that jutsu"

Raiden
07-29-2010, 08:23 PM
-Having only half the Kyuubi could hamper Madara's plans.

-As you said, because of the lost half, we may learn more about the spirits in the death god's stomach. Assuming the manga ends well for Naruto, I can see him moving on peacefully knowing that his father's soul and those of the other kages have not been able to rest.

Psi Factor
07-29-2010, 08:25 PM
do you think naruto "who by your statement will get kyuubi chakra taken away" can actually fight the Jubi?

also you need kyuubi chakra for "that jutsu"

Don't put words in my mouth dude lol. He will get the washedout Kyubbi taken away...but wasn't the chakra he has snatched from the kyubii his own now? and yes I know he might need it for "that jutsu".

Turrin
07-29-2010, 08:43 PM
I think Minato at the time simply didn't have enough chakra left to seal the entire beast with the Hakke Seal into Naruto; it may have also been dangerous for an infant to have the entire beast sealed inside of him.

Louis-954
07-29-2010, 09:58 PM
I think he banished half for eternity in order to fuck Madara over. Sure he doesnt/didnt know what Madaras plans are but he probably figured that they cant be accomplished with only half the Kyuubi in tact should Naruto fail to kill him.

and he's right, how's madara supposed to resurrect the Juubi and become its Jinchuuriki when a nice portion of it is sealed inside the Death God?

Nic
07-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Two possibilities I see. One it could help explain how Naruto might survive the extraction. Two, possibly to keep the juubi from being revived or if it is to make it a bit weaker than normal to save its grace.

maximilyan
07-29-2010, 11:44 PM
Madara wanted pein to revive the other half of the kyuubi.

thats why he was pissed when pein died.

madara probably cant control the kyuubi without that half.

Marsala
07-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Madara wanted pein to revive the other half of the kyuubi.

thats why he was pissed when pein died.

madara probably cant control the kyuubi without that half.

This. In fact I made a thread about this last week. Luckily for Madara, he now has Kabuto who can revive Minato, letting them extract the Kyuubi from him.

yummy77777
07-30-2010, 12:57 AM
Naruto was too small to be able to handle all of kyuubi's chakra...too small a container :pek

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum