all the signs are pointing to Gold D Roger being

The Black Guy
04-21-2009, 01:02 AM
I'd be epic for sure, but it's not possible. Even if he somehow survived being executed via some haxx DF or haki ability, the illness he had was still there and I doubt he could have lived another 22 years afterward, the illness was going to kill him soon. Unless a cure was made for his incurable disease at some point. I think when he said he wasn't going to die he meant his legacy.

But since I like the idea, I'll just think it's possible(even though it's impossible)until the end.

randomsurfer
04-21-2009, 01:27 AM
Or maybe Iva cured him.

laly
04-21-2009, 01:38 AM
Are you implying that Garp is Gold D. Roger's father? :omg

Lance Vance
04-21-2009, 03:57 AM
Are you implying that Garp is Gold D. Roger's father? :omg

:lmao I don't think Gol D. Roger is Dragon.

abcd
04-21-2009, 04:01 AM
I feel it would reduce the epic feeling :pek

I wud like it if his dad was a super cool revolutionary , chose a different path unlike every one else and still luffy has to surpass him :hurr

Franky
04-21-2009, 04:01 AM
Fail thread is fail:zaru

Tenryuken
04-21-2009, 05:12 AM
Nope, Gold Roger is Alvida-sama:zaru

Chris Partlow
04-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Maybe Gol D. Roger was one half of Luffy grandfather or maybe even uncle

Highgoober
04-21-2009, 08:35 AM
He meant he wouldn't die in the sense that his spirit would live on to ignite the new age of pirates, through the hopes and dreams of people like Luffy, he would live on.

Lance Vance
04-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Maybe Gol D. Roger was one half of Luffy grandfather or maybe even uncle

:lmao Do you seriously believe this?

Yammy
04-21-2009, 10:13 AM
what? 0 signs point to that.

YoYo
04-21-2009, 10:51 AM
gol d roger is shadow luffy

Creator
04-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Please, dont insult Oda's genious. Something like this is something Kishimoto would do in Naruto. :notrust

fakund1to
04-21-2009, 10:56 AM
WHAT?? No, that would shit on the whole plot, Gold D. Roger is meant to be legendary, we know that he could kick anyone's ass and that he knew the anceint history, that's enough.

Umnicus
04-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Everyone knows that Gol D. Roger is really future Luffy, who travelled back in time.

He told Luffy's crew that Gold Roger turned towards him before the execution and stated that he wasnt going to die.

He may not have meant it literally, you know(assuming this isn't a joke-thread)?:wink

Just read the translated script for chapter 506, more specifically this part:

Rayleigh: ...Roger turned himself in, was arrested, and his public execution was announced in his birthplace: Loguetown in East Blue. From what I hear, many young men who are now well-known pirates packed the square that day, in order to witness the Pirate King's execution, as the rest of the world eagerly waited. I didn't attend. His last words to me were...

<<Roger: Oh, I ain't gonna DIE, partner...

Rayleigh: I bet the World Government and Marines got quite a surprise when their public execution, meant to be a warning to the other pirates, was instantly transformed, at Roger's parting statement, into just the very opening ceremonies of the Great Age of Piracy...

- Page 83 -

<<Roger: My treasure? If you want it, you can have it... Just look for it. I've put everything in the world there.

Rayleigh: The flame of life he flickered just seconds before it went out... spread into a raging blaze that consumed the entire world. I've never laughed as much as I did that night! Nor did I ever cry as much... Nor drown myself in drink! My captain lived one hell of a life!!

http://www.mangascreener.com/stephen/onepiece/chapter506.txt .

Grrblt
04-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Dragon; the writing is all over the wall.
The reason Im saying this is not because they look like each other. It's because of what Silver Roger said. He told Luffy's crew that Gold Roger turned towards him before the execution and stated that he wasnt going to die. Thoughts.....

You have one small hint that Roger may not be dead - a hint that has already been explained perfectly within the manga - and you somehow arrive at the conclusion that all signs (one != all) pointing to him being Dragon (Dragon is not the only person alive). You fail at logic.

Honzou
04-21-2009, 11:20 AM
lol^

Roger isn't Dragon. It wouldn't be as cool anyways IMO. The only thing these two people share the "D" in their names.

Ark Prime 1.0
04-21-2009, 11:23 AM
argh...if Gold roger is alive, he most certainly isn't dragon, i mena look at the age difference...argh

YoYo
04-21-2009, 02:20 PM
argh...if Gold roger is alive, he most certainly isn't dragon, i mena look at the age difference...argh

he cud tiem travel though time with teh clock clcok fruit wud maek everything make snse thing bout it

XMURADX
04-21-2009, 02:29 PM
You misunderstood what he said...This might clarify it:

“ When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No!
A man dies when he is forgotten!”

— Lines spoken by Dr. Hiluluk in his final speech before death.

So Roger is pretty much alive. :)

Alex_Predator
04-21-2009, 02:53 PM
I am sure that Roger is alive but I doupt that he is Dragon.

p-lou
04-21-2009, 02:55 PM
i think you're on to something here

Sesha
04-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Being dead? Yeah, I agree.

Excellent theory. 10/10. Would read again.

Canute87
04-21-2009, 04:36 PM
It would be if Kubo wrote this manga.

ACPRO
04-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Dragon; the writing is all over the wall.
The reason Im saying this is not because they look like each other. It's because of what Silver Roger said. He told Luffy's crew that Gold Roger turned towards him before the execution and stated that he wasnt going to die. Thoughts.....

More than likely he meant that someone with the same ambition as himself would become the next pirate king. Hence why there are soooooo many instances in which people have said luffy reminds them of the pirate king. This has something to do with "if the will is inherited"

Dragon emerging right after the death of gol d. Roger could be due to the fact that dragon may have had some affiliations with Gold roger, considering more than likely dragon knows what happened during that void history, and the only people known to have found it where the Roger pirates (obviously the void century deals, with the world government being pirates themselves, conquering another race in order to become the new order, which is clearly proven during the robin flash back, and similarly the reason why Raleigh said you might come to a different conclusion than us, since they are pirates as well).

Z
04-21-2009, 09:30 PM
I like your theory. Dragon being Roger can be pretty cool.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum