Sakura/Sasuke Bashing???

The Duchess
04-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Simple. It's either pairing wars, or just character preference.

But mostly pairing wars.

N120
04-10-2009, 10:18 PM
but thats fanfic for you, those authors a nutcases, theres flipping yaoi in there, mpregs wtf?:D:, sakura > naruto and sasuke.

so really theres stories catered for everyone even the crazy ones who like the above, so no point complaining, just read what you like.

Satsuki
04-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Female characters, especially strong main ones, tend to be hated, most like due to jealousy of angry fangirls [a.k.a. people in love with Sauce/Naru].
As for Sasuke, I dunno? Because of NaruSaku maybe?

princess
04-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Don't read fanfiction.

Yoona
04-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Well even though people bash them they still have their fans anyway. On the topic it could be that bashers like other pairings/characters over those two.

ninjaneko
04-10-2009, 11:02 PM
90% of fanfiction is garbage. Pure and simple. So has it always been. Thus shall it always be. However, there are fanfics worth reading... if you can find them.

Sakura and Sasuke appear in more fanfics, thus they more instances of bad characterization. Often what you get is a caricature, or "Flanderized (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization)" version of a given character. This happens to all characters, in all fandoms.

Often people will use fanfiction as an outlet: for their hate of a character, their sickening Mary-Sue love for a character, their cracktastic ideas (at least it's funny), their 2D sexual fantasies...

Unlike with real books, just about anyone can publish a fanfic online, no matter how awful. You just gotta learn how to avoid the bad ones (and laugh at them). Or don't read fanfiction.

Milkshake
04-10-2009, 11:06 PM
My advice; check the preview before you read the god awful fanfics.

Nahima
04-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Honestly this is a character issue, I just really think she didn't do well in the original series. I give her credit in Shippuden, she did well there. She needed time to develop and thats what Shippuden did for her.

As for Sasuke, I notice for alot of writers he is hard to write for because they make him to much of a hard ass or they make him an emo. They can't seem to find a happy medium for him.

NaruHina Boy35
04-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Well it's kindahard to avoid it. Sometimes they say in the preview (Im gonna use NaruIno as an example because I like that couple) "How would it be different if Naruto didn't chase after Sakura? What if he went for a different girl? Mabye Ino?" So I say "Ok! Might be good." The later on, this happens. Naruto, Ino, Sasuke, and the rest of the rookie nine all gang up on Sakura and start calling her bashees (Whatever the fuck that is).

And I undestand Sasuke is hard to write for. I try my hardset when I write for him in my stories on here. But that still doesn't mean you go around making him a asshole.

And I won't stop read fanfiction. Because just like NinjaNeko said, 90% of fanfiction stories are trash, but the one that aren't are really good.

Nadini
04-10-2009, 11:33 PM
^
Banshee, a dead womans ghost who has a very annoying screeching voice.

Fanfics are pure garbage 96% of em, the remaining 4% are categorized in 2

-Good Fanfic 3%
-Superb Fanfic 1%

and Ninjaneko's got it right on the dot.

NaruHina Boy35
04-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Thanks, I was wondering what that was! ^_^

ninjaneko
04-11-2009, 12:25 AM
^
Banshee, a dead womans ghost who has a very annoying screeching voice.

Fanfics are pure garbage 96% of em, the remaining 4% are categorized in 2

-Good Fanfic 3%
-Superb Fanfic 1%

and Ninjaneko's got it right on the dot.
You're totally right. I do that too (distinguish between the good and amazing fics). ^_^

At least we have fanfiction.net nowadays, where you can actually filter the genre and rating and stuff. Way back in the day, authors would sometimes not even so much as label their fics "Lemons!", treating the then innocent 13 year old me to explicit love scenes from out of nowhere with characters I thought were just friends :laugh :arg

Good times :scry

Oh and I think there's a recommendation thread in the Fanworks subforum, though I haven't been there. You might find some good stuff there, NaruHinaBoy.

NaruHina Boy35
04-11-2009, 12:31 AM
LoL thanks! But I think it is un-escapeable! Somewhere out theres, there will always be bashing. I can't say I haven't done it once tho. It was with Sakura. I made her get mad that Naruto couldn't save Sasuke and start calling him demons. The sad things is alot of people liked the story because of it! That was when my stories were actually getting good reviews lol. Since then I have kept bashing out of my stories. It seems tho, as long as nobody is being bashed, then nobody wants to read my/ anybody elses storie.

UmWhatever
04-11-2009, 12:35 AM
I know, I know! It's like, how the heck do I avoid this crap? Especially when like the first chap is okay then suddenly BAM! Sakura's teh bizzatch to the max. I pretty much hate most fics with Sasuke though...he really is hard to write but the over bastardization is annoying.
Ninjaneko really is right. lol

numbvir
04-11-2009, 12:52 AM
fanfiction is garbage
don't read it

NaruHina Boy35
04-11-2009, 01:02 AM
LOL not all of it is. There is a reallly great one called 'Show Me A Hero' On Fanfiction.com

Gaawa-chan
04-11-2009, 02:07 AM
Well, it seems to me that Sasuke is a character that you either love or hate- I happen to hate him.

That aside, oftentimes characters' traits are exaggerated in fanfiction, particularly if that character is a favorite/least favorite of the author.

NaruHina Boy35
04-11-2009, 12:08 PM
I understand hating him, but why would you just make him a jackass? I mean, not everybody hates Sasuke, or wants to read the story when he is like that. I sure don't.

yukito
04-11-2009, 12:18 PM
The people who actually think that Sasuke actually says "che", "hnn", or "you're annoying" to everything, god. Read the manga.

twilight
04-11-2009, 01:13 PM
because their haters

isn't it obvious

SQHatake
04-11-2009, 01:18 PM
because their haters

isn't it obvious

yeah exactly lol.

For instance, I'm a major fan of SasuNaru and I certainly don't hate Sakura, I like her even. I guess I'm an exception of the pairing wars hehe.

NaruHina Boy35
04-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Paring Wars are gay. I don't like alot of parings, but that doesn't mean I bash the characters involved lol.

twilight
04-11-2009, 02:43 PM
:ohParing Wars are gay. I don't like alot of parings, but that doesn't mean I bash the characters involved lol.

Dammn dude I totally want to rep you.

NaruHina Boy35
04-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks! Just saying (Im not trying to be mean but..) If you bash characters to make your couple work, or your story good...you suck as an author lol. Alot people do it for the sake of their story but that just means you can't make your story work any other way!

Tomasso
04-11-2009, 04:41 PM
I stop reading fanfics a long time ago.

starr
04-11-2009, 04:45 PM
fanfiction is crap... didn't ya know?

Destroyer of Kittens
04-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Let me tell you who is going to get bashed in a specific pairing oriented fic.

NaruSaku......... = Sasuke gets bashed.......... Sakura gets bashed too

NaruHina......... = Sakura gets bashed...........

NaruSasu......... = Sakura gets bashed...........

SasuSaku......... = Naruto gets bashed..........Sakura gets bashed........

Seems everyone hates Sakura :/

twilight
04-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Let me tell you who is going to get bashed in a specific pairing oriented fic.

NaruSaku......... = Sasuke gets bashed.......... Sakura gets bashed too

NaruHina......... = Sakura gets bashed...........

NaruSasu......... = Sakura gets bashed...........

SasuSaku......... = Naruto gets bashed..........Sakura gets bashed........

Seems everyone hates Sakura :/

cause their haters

don't you know

NaruHina Boy35
04-11-2009, 06:22 PM
does everyone hate fanfiction?

Kairi
04-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Not me.
I love certain fan-fictions but the ones you are describing is unnecessary and uncalled for. To have a good NaruSaku, NaruHina, SasuSaku fanfiction, you don't need to bash a character to make your pairing canon. You don't like the character, big whoop. Its fiction. If you bash a character for the sake of your story and to make the pairing 'canon', it just proves that the story wouldn't be good without it.

Milkshake
04-11-2009, 06:39 PM
No, I don't hate fanfiction; only those kind that you told us about- ones that bash character in order for the pairing to come out on top. I actually like all varieties of fanfics; some even of pairing I detest, and I think it's wrong that lowlives do that kind of thing. I may not like Sakura; but I still can't stand just seeing her bashed over and over in like a SN fanfic because she's just there and isn't doing a thing.

NaruSaku = Sasuke is that emo lowlife that is bashed because he couldn't treat Sakura-chyan right.
SasuSaku = Naruto is a annoying bastard who needs to go to hell
NaruSasu = Sakura is that irritating bitch that everyone and their grandmas hate.
NaruHina = Sakura is still that irritating bitch ^

A story filled with hate isn't a story that is great. (lol, rhyme time)

Iroukage
04-11-2009, 07:09 PM
In regards to Sakura bashing, I would agree to such bashing only on the basis of purely pragmatic reasons. Ninja's should wear camouflage, and Sakura decides to mirror the British in a bright red outfit. This puts her teammates in danger. She also takes plenty of time hitting her team mates with her dangerous fists. This would be the modern day equivalent of friendly fire. Seriously wtf. If you can punch giant craters in things, I would restrain myself from attacking my teammates everytime they said a silly nickname.

Nadini
04-11-2009, 07:21 PM
funny thing how certain females always get a PMS power buff each time they get pissed off in a manga:

ChiChi, Asuna, Narusegawa, Louise(can't get more violent then bondage + whip), Rukia, Kagome, Kaoru, Anna etc.

but in Sakura's case its considered abuse and whatnot :awesome

FoxxyKat
04-11-2009, 08:06 PM
With Sakura everyone seems to think she is useless and a complete bitch. I remember I was reading a story yesterday and it took place in the forest of death when Naruto and Orochimaru fought. At the end Orochimaru beat Naruto and threw Naruto clear across the forest. ANd do you know what Sakura said? "I hope he is dead. All he does is get in the way of my Sasuke-kun!" Ok, I know Sakura isn't the most understanding, but she isn't a evil person.
:roflThat's so fked up!

I believe that they get bashed simply b/c the person doesn't like them. Simple as that. It's not always about stupid pairings, like some think. People just despise the char, so they bash them in the story. I agree that it's a waste of time(just leave the char out of the fic:facepalm), but that's how it is.

stockholmsyndrome
04-11-2009, 08:15 PM
I believe that they get bashed simply b/c the person doesn't like them. Simple as that. It's not always about stupid pairings, like some think. People just despise the char, so they bash them in the story. I agree that it's a waste of time(just leave the char out of the fic:facepalm), but that's how it is.
I would say its more down to the fans of said character why people hate a character rather than the character itself a good example would be the uchiha's.

FoxxyKat
04-11-2009, 08:41 PM
I would say its more down to the fans of said character why people hate a character rather than the character itself a good example would be the uchiha's.
I agree w/ that, too, that some fans make you despise chars more. A shame really.

Forlong
04-11-2009, 10:00 PM
90% of fanfiction is garbage. Pure and simple. So has it always been. Thus shall it always be. However, there are fanfics worth reading... if you can find them.
90% of everything is garbage.

Well it's kindahard to avoid it. Sometimes they say in the preview (Im gonna use NaruIno as an example because I like that couple) "How would it be different if Naruto didn't chase after Sakura? What if he went for a different girl? Mabye Ino?" So I say "Ok! Might be good." The later on, this happens. Naruto, Ino, Sasuke, and the rest of the rookie nine all gang up on Sakura and start calling her bashees (Whatever the fuck that is).

Here (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanFicRecommendations) is a page for fanfic recommendations. These are good ones.

NaruHina Boy35
04-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Lol But lets not stop there! There are worse ones! Like when they bash Kakashi. Now I agree that he deserves to get bashed a little because he really only trained Sasuke really. But one story, he told Naruto (It was the same one Sakura said she hoped Naruto was dead) "You should drop out Naruto, you are a loser and will never be anything different." I was like, DAMNNNNNNNN!

64palms
04-11-2009, 11:04 PM
I don't hate Sasuke, like a HUGE amount of people out there. However, it does also get aggravating that Sasuke got WAY too much manga/anime time that it became almost unbearable to read.

I also am not satisfied with Sakura as the female lead Kishimoto has chosen.

twilight
04-11-2009, 11:37 PM
I am very satisfied with Sakura as the lead. She has showed everything someone has to show to be a leader.

64palms
04-11-2009, 11:49 PM
That opinion is quite evident by your Sakura set.

FoxxyKat
04-11-2009, 11:59 PM
I also am not satisfied with Sakura as the female lead Kishimoto has chosen.
Me, either. Any of the other females would've been better, imho.

twilight
04-12-2009, 12:04 AM
That opinion is quite evident by your Sakura set.

Yeah.................. it's quite obvious.

NaruHina Boy35
04-12-2009, 12:10 AM
Eh, Sakura is ok. Not my favorite but not my least favortie. I think i'll stay with Ino and Hinata tho!

Forlong
04-13-2009, 01:37 PM
What's wrong with Sakura? The fact that she cares about Naruto more than anyone else? The fact that she's willing to risk her own life to protect him? I don't understand Sakura-bashers, because Sakura's a very redeptive character.

Kael Hyun
04-13-2009, 02:14 PM
I bash Sasuke because hes an Asshole not becuause he "would get in the way of "My pairing"" realy even the manga treats Sasuke as a Basterd so why not give him what he wants

NaruHina Boy35
04-13-2009, 04:18 PM
There's nothing wrong with Sakura at all. But in most shows, I always like the side characters. Like Shikamaru, Ino, and Rock Lee. Most people are like that too...I think

Yagami1211
04-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Fanfiction is garbage.

NaruHina Boy35
04-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Fanfiction is garbage.
Do everybody think that?

Yαriko
04-14-2009, 08:01 AM
every pairing is bashed here on NF

true story

Pepper
04-18-2009, 03:43 PM
It's fanfiction. You can't expect it to be good.
People can write all kinds of bashing in it and they can bash everything. :hurr

lucid dream
04-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Some characters just have a very love it or hate it quality to them. This seems fairly common in characters that are jerks, insecure, or simply hard to place(that may cause many disagreements between fans that sometimes grow into hatred of that character).

On forums it also seems further fueled by extreme fans or anti-char fans, but I use those labels loosely. Let's just say...it's a cycle. Even the best of us can get annoyed with zealous fans of a character we weren't very fond of to begin with. And repeated criticism of a character can bring out a tard in some people. And so on and so on until more than half of a fanbase is polarized.

natwel
04-18-2009, 08:12 PM
I don't object it

moonlitinuyasha1985
04-18-2009, 09:21 PM
My advice; check the preview before you read the god awful fanfics.

God, I couldn't agree more with this! I mean, I've never read a fanfic that was bad or had any bashing in it (and I hope I don't ever read something like that), but not all of them are terrible. I've read some pretty good ones, though.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum