10-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Louis of...I don't know

Kagutsuchi
10-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Fred the Fireman.

Rhaella
10-05-2008, 09:37 AM
I can't read French....

Just my way of saying it had better be some sort of French name.

Apollo
10-05-2008, 09:40 AM
I think it should be Stacey, that's a seems like the name of a strong black man.

Hef
10-05-2008, 09:46 AM
I think it should be Stacey, that's a seems like the name of a strong black man.
Or what about Betty? You know, it was MASTER PAIN's name in Kung Pow. :awesome

Rhaella
10-05-2008, 09:58 AM

Eustace is not a French name. :mad

Otherwise, no complaints. :noworry

Écureuil fou
10-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Fred the Fireman.

This. But only if they say 'the Fireman' part everytime.

Ms. Jove
10-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Yet another nearly relevant Biblical name. :edu

sel
10-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Yet another nearly relevant Biblical name. :edu

Damn. I was going for something like Tyrone, Jamal or Akbar. You know -- one of those names that never ceases to strike fear into the hearts of whoever would hear it associated with a mysterious looking black man. It would explain why everybody's too scared to be on first name terms with him.

Rhaella
10-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Hmm. On a serious note, maybe he really doesn't have a name. Considering the nature of his powers, and how many things can go wrong when someone first discovers their abilities, it's completely possible that he erased his own memory at one point.

Ms. Jove
10-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Damn. I was going for something like Tyrone, Jamal or Akbar. You know -- one of those names that never ceases to strike fear into the hearts of whoever would hear it associated with a mysterious looking black man. It would explain why everybody's too scared to be on first name terms with him.

Jesus, why not just throw Abbas in their, as well. :hmph

I'll open the Bible and choose the first name I see:

Sihon.

"And then the Lord bestowed upon King Sihon incredible powers, powers that negated all the powerful enemies that tried to use that power to overpower the powerless people of God. And Sihon smite them all, and God manifested and said 'Enjoy the bountiful riches that will arise from such divine providence.'

"And then God came back, like twenty minutes later. God had thought things over, and realized the hax he just put into his story.

"'Sorry guys, but how can things represent other things in a narrative with that running around. He's just going to disappear. If anyone asks, he's on some sort of nebulous mission for someone. But it'll be cool when he just arbitrarily shows up, right? Right?!'"

True story. Quoted verbatim. I guess it IS relevant. He's Sihon. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d192/joviansatellite/Pope.png

Rukia
10-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Why does he need a name? No matter how cool it is...fans will continue to refer to him as "the Haitian". Old habits die hard.

I still think it's fucking awesome that he worked with Bennett for like 10 years and pretended to be mute the whole time. :lmao

Falco-san
10-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Why does he need a name? No matter how cool it is...fans will continue to refer to him as "the Haitian". Old habits die hard.

I still think it's fucking awesome that he worked with Bennett for like 10 years and pretended to be mute the whole time. :lmao

Indeed, and some people still call Noah HRG

uchiha-alia
10-05-2008, 01:29 PM
being honest, it doesnt really matter, no one knew since he was mute (:awesome) and i for one (and im sure everyone else aswell) will still refer to him as 'the haitian'. hes win :pek

Grape
10-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Uh hmmm

I think I have discovered his possible name ;S

First, his fathers possible name.
Legba - Derived from the West African ancestor god Lebe, 'the old man at the gate' in the Voodoo cult of Haiti is Legba, a god identified with the sun.

Papa Ghede is also a psychopomp. He waits at the crossroads to take souls into the afterlife and is considered the good counterpart to Baron Samedi. He has a very crass sense of humor. Papa Ghede is supposed to be the corpse of the first man who ever died. He is widely recognized as a short, dark man with a high hat on his head and a cigar in his mouth and he's constantly holding an apple in his left hand. It says that he has a divine ability to read others' minds and the ability to know everything that happens in the both worlds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guédé

Haitian Voodoo Bitch!

blacklusterseph004
10-05-2008, 04:40 PM
^That's pretty cool actually. There's at least tangential relevence there.

Grape
10-05-2008, 07:09 PM
What's more is that I originally searched for popular Haitian names and saw a Haitian spirit named something else. So I figured they might use other spiritual names for kids...

That brought me to those two names above. If you read "It Takes a Village" GN 3, Haitians dad referenced the sun...

And even more, we know how Tim Kring likes to use religious names for 95% of the male cast.

XD

olaf
10-07-2008, 06:16 AM
I'm more curious if peter can copy his power :los

Jetstorm
10-07-2008, 06:38 AM
^lol doesn't seem possible since he automatically cancels out Peter's power most likely before he can absorb the Haitan's.

Fucking agree with you Hatey. :C

Ippy
10-07-2008, 06:40 AM
I'm more curious if peter can copy his power :losHe can't get close enough.

If Peter's close enough to copy his power, that means The Haitian is close enough to nullify it.

Dionysus
10-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Perhaps the only way to copy it is to poke into his brain. Of course, he'd be dead.

Adonis
10-07-2008, 09:47 AM
What's always astounded me is the cast's uncanny ability to instantly identify The Haitian as Hatian...

Ziip
10-07-2008, 06:03 PM
I think that The Ting Tings stole a song from Haitian

The Ting Tings - That's Not My Name

Four letter word just to get me along
It's a difficulty and I'm biting on my tongue
I Keep stalling, keeping it together
People around I gotto find something to say
Holding back everyday the same
Don't wanna be a loner
Listen to me
I never say anything at all
So with nothing to consider they forget my name

They call me hell
They call me Stacey
They call me her
They call me Jane
That's not my name...
They call me quiet
But I'm a riot
Mary-Jo-Lisa
Always the same
That's not my name...

I miss the catch when they throw me the ball
I'm the last drip standing up against the wall
Keep falling, these heels that keep me boring
Getting clamped up and sitting on the fence
So alone all the time and I lock myself away
Listen to me
Thought I'm dressed up out ‘n all
With everything considered they forget my name

They call me hell
They call me Stacey
They call me her
They call me Jane
That's not my name...
They call me quiet
But I'm a riot
Mary-Jo-Lisa
Always the same
That's not my name...

Are you calling me darling
Are you calling me bird...

Ippy
10-07-2008, 06:06 PM
What's always astounded me is the cast's uncanny ability to instantly identify The Haitian as Hatian...I don't quite get you here...

Mawashi Geri
10-07-2008, 06:08 PM
He looks like a Meshell

Adonis
10-07-2008, 06:20 PM
I don't quite get you here...

I mean how when the Hatian first appeared, and nobody knew his name was "The Haitian", they would instantly identify and describe him as "a Haitian guy". Not as some black guy...or some equally vague description, they could narrow it down to his country of origin just based on a brief glimpse at him.

I guess what I'm saying is, would you know the Haitian was Haitian just by looking at him?

Ippy
10-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Maybe they read the graphic novels?

Weren't they ahead of the actual tv series?

Adonis
10-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Maybe they read the graphic novels?

Weren't they ahead of the actual tv series?

I mean the people on the actual show (e.g. Parkman).

Rhaella
10-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Perhaps Noah mentioned it at some point?

Ippy
10-07-2008, 06:27 PM
I mean the people on the actual show (e.g. Parkman).Writer gaffe then.

Jon Snow
10-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Jesus, why not just throw Abbas in their, as well. :hmph

I'll open the Bible and choose the first name I see:

Sihon.

"And then the Lord bestowed upon King Sihon incredible powers, powers that negated all the powerful enemies that tried to use that power to overpower the powerless people of God. And Sihon smite them all, and God manifested and said 'Enjoy the bountiful riches that will arise from such divine providence.'

"And then God came back, like twenty minutes later. God had thought things over, and realized the hax he just put into his story.

"'Sorry guys, but how can things represent other things in a narrative with that running around. He's just going to disappear. If anyone asks, he's on some sort of nebulous mission for someone. But it'll be cool when he just arbitrarily shows up, right? Right?!'"

True story. Quoted verbatim. I guess it IS relevant. He's Sihon. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d192/joviansatellite/Pope.png

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Grape
10-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Theory lost to the first page!
Uh hmmm

Uh hmmm

I think I have discovered his possible name ;S

First, his fathers possible name.
Legba - Derived from the West African ancestor god Lebe, 'the old man at the gate' in the Voodoo cult of Haiti is Legba, a god identified with the sun.

Papa Ghede is also a psychopomp. He waits at the crossroads to take souls into the afterlife and is considered the good counterpart to Baron Samedi. He has a very crass sense of humor. Papa Ghede is supposed to be the corpse of the first man who ever died. He is widely recognized as a short, dark man with a high hat on his head and a cigar in his mouth and he's constantly holding an apple in his left hand. It says that he has a divine ability to read others' minds and the ability to know everything that happens in the both worlds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guédé

Haitian Voodoo Bitch!

excellence153
10-09-2008, 05:36 PM
All I have to say about the Haitian is that seeing him getting smacked in the face with a trash can lid made my life.

Gonder
10-09-2008, 05:40 PM
All I have to say about the Haitian is that seeing him getting smacked in the face with a trash can lid made my life.

¬_¬ lucky hit

Batman
10-09-2008, 05:47 PM
What's always astounded me is the cast's uncanny ability to instantly identify The Haitian as Hatian...

Thank you.

That bugged teh fuck outta me for a long time. We all know they'd be sayin, "you know, that guy from harlem."

Mawashi Geri
10-09-2008, 06:48 PM
That bugged teh fuck outta me for a long time. We all know they'd be sayin, "you know, that guy from harlem."

Before Hereos Haiti wasn't really a place that I'd identify people as being from. Not a common demographic of the US. Also I don't think it's part of their native religion to know what the "Godsend" symbol is....

meenmu
10-10-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm more curious if peter can copy his power :los

I think it has been mentioned before (when Peter was training with Mr. Invisible) that Peter's copying power is based on remembering people that he copies. I guess it would be possible for Peter to gain the Haitian's power without realizing it (or maybe not unlocking/activating it like with Sylar), after leaving his presence. Of course, this is assuming The Hatian doesn't eat those memories first :LOS

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum