Static shock - ever actually seen the electricity from it?

limatt
05-27-2008, 10:48 AM
i've never seen it, i didn't think you could now i want to see it :wtf

Curry
05-27-2008, 10:48 AM
I never saw it, but I always get a shock when touching my car. I swear, it must hate me! I'm scared to touch it for real :D

Cloud Nine
05-27-2008, 10:52 AM
yeah. i used to see the little bluish zap a lot when those damn park slides would zap me. it really made me scared of them for a while. xD

Ari
05-27-2008, 10:58 AM
No, but I saw this

http://img.timeinc.net/TFK/media/specials/photos/staticshock/020214_static6_special.jpg

limatt
05-27-2008, 11:02 AM
No, but I saw this

http://img.timeinc.net/TFK/media/specials/photos/staticshock/020214_static6_special.jpg

:lmao thats the first thing i thoght when i saw this thread

Horrid Crow
05-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Yeah, ofcourse.
Saw it lots of times.

I always get a shock when trying to pick up the 20kg weight at the gym, and that weight only.
It's so weird... :blink

Snow
05-27-2008, 11:04 AM
It's typically easy to see in the dark.

JH24
I saw it one time. When I open my drawer at my desk at work I often get a shock, the only time I saw the spark was when it was still dark in the morning. I really hate that feeling and sometimes you just know "oh, I'll get another shock" and then it happens. Sometimes they can be quite heavy too. On other days I feel nothing, maybe it depends on the clothing or shoes I wear, I'm not sure.

Table
Yep, many times. It's pretty :wtf

Dark Aether
05-27-2008, 11:07 AM
No, but I saw this

I was thinking of that when I saw the thread too.

Vanity
05-27-2008, 11:07 AM
I never saw it, but I always get a shock when touching my car. I swear, it must hate me! I'm scared to touch it for real :D

Yeah, most of the static shocks I've gotten were from the car door. :D:

Kamioto Furin
05-27-2008, 12:29 PM
It happens to me a lot of times with two of my closest friends. Though I have only seen it once but not with them.
I approached one of my classmates from her back while she was sitting on a monobloc chair and then when I got near her there was the spark and it was loud enough to be heard by both of us. We were freaked out. But it was cool. :ohpek

E
05-27-2008, 01:10 PM
saw a blue lighting bolt thingy once

other times i see a yellow spark

L. Lawliet
05-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Try generating static electricity in the dark. It's visible then, and looks very nice.

Ashiya
05-27-2008, 01:22 PM
I've haven't been able to see it though :( But i also get into static brushes rather often. :notrust

VermilionBird
05-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Nope. I rarely get shocked.

Kumagawa Misogi
05-27-2008, 01:35 PM
yes... i've seen it...

also.. i got a phobia for them after 6 months of working on a place where dust collected over electronic equipment daily... so when i wanted to clean the dust every day... I got a lot of shocks T/ _ \T...

Incubus
05-27-2008, 01:42 PM
No, but I saw this

I saw the first part of the thread title and wondered why there was a thread about that cartoon in the Plaza. :lmao

Tear
05-27-2008, 02:03 PM
I've never seen it. I usually get a shock from my car when I first go to open the door in the morning.

Siren
05-27-2008, 02:08 PM
I haven't had a static shock in a long time, I think I've seen the spark once or twice before. :)

It scared the heck out of mexD

Slips
05-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Never seen it but my Auntie is made of the crap

Just the slightest touch and she zaps me to hell

~Zaxxon~
05-27-2008, 02:18 PM
No, but I saw this

LOL. That was a good show. :lmao

And yes, I have seen this blue electrical shock before. :nod

Levithian
05-27-2008, 02:20 PM
You know how sometimes you touch something and you get a static shock?

I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever actually physically seen the electricity that happens there.

One time I got a static shock and I actually saw some blue-ish white electricity come between what I touched and my finger. :S It was freaky.

Yes I often see a spark when I touch my door handle sometimes, I get a little shock, when I touch people sometimes, same thing, I remember shocking my cat that way once.....

Euraj
05-27-2008, 02:25 PM
No, but I saw this

http://img.timeinc.net/TFK/media/specials/photos/staticshock/020214_static6_special.jpgDamn thread title got my hopes up too. :lmao

Dave
05-27-2008, 03:38 PM
i did one, but it was for a split second

i wish i could have taken a picture, it would have lasted me longer

Utz
05-27-2008, 03:41 PM
I've seen it a few times actually. At night when I'm in bed and forget to take off my shorts, I take them off and when I do sometimes the static works and I see blueish sparks for a second.

LiveFire
05-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Meh. Couple of times.

Lycanthropy
05-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Yup, about two or three weeks ago in physics. We had this generator thing, and one boy stood with his hands on it (he was on a box so he wouldn't be grounded), and another boy came forward holding his finger out, and the boy with his hands of the generator reached one hand out and they held their fingers about a centimetre away from each other, and you could see the eletricity pass through them.

It was cool :)

ViolentlyHappy
05-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Ah, yes I've had that happen before.

I was pulling a blanket out of the dryer and had my headphones on and it shocked my so bad, the electric current went through my headphones and shocked my ears.

Chidori Mistress
05-27-2008, 05:39 PM
I've never seen it.

But I want to now.

Effloresce
05-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Yep, I have. I was taking off my jumper and it got my hair messed up so I tried to flatten it down whilst looking into the mirror and I got shocked.
It was pretty but the shock hurt like hell. :D:

j e s s i e
05-27-2008, 06:46 PM
yes. in chemistry.

mr. s pulled out this big-ass static electricity generator on the class once. it was sparking all over the place. I remember he laid his hand on it and told some girl up front to take his hand, and she did and the static current shocked her.

the whole class made a shock chain. it was fun as hell.

good times. gooood times lol

Kurugari_Shadou
05-27-2008, 06:50 PM
yeah I've seen it. When i ride down the slide I see it sometimes :zaru

or I think I did-but I know i've seen it under the covers in my bed :suzuhiko

Gary
05-27-2008, 06:52 PM
nope but it seems cool

Axl Low
05-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Nope but I can feel it xDDD

Goom
05-27-2008, 07:29 PM
yeah i see them sometimes. It's pretty cool to see them imo.

on a sidenote its actually become a daily ritual to be shocked every morning when i touch my locker -_-.

non-explody
05-27-2008, 07:39 PM
you can see it with clothes/blanket in the dark.

Chanel
05-27-2008, 07:56 PM
I have seen it before, and I hate how it feels, ha!

iLurk
05-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Education.

You need it.

big-ass static electricity generator

You mean a Van de Graaff generator?

Cair
05-27-2008, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I touched some metal thing and there was this tiny blue bolt. It hurt. :-(

Cloud
05-27-2008, 10:41 PM
I've made a generator for science with a group.

Aeon
05-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Heh, I've never actually seen it.

Vanity
05-28-2008, 12:02 PM
nope but it seems cool

I think it's more scary than cool. o_o

Has anyone here ever actually been seriously electrocuted though? As in something other than a static shock? Like hit with a lightning bolt or blasted back from an electical appliance?

It hasn't happened to me but it happened to my dad before I was born, back when he was about the age I currently am now. He got blasted back by a wave of electricity(he was working in the boiler room of a hospital I think it was and someone turned on something while my dad was working on it).

He was blasted backwards a few feet onto the ground and he blacked out for a while. When he woke up, there were all these people looking at him which really shocked expressions on their faces.

He was actually unharmed but....o_o He probably would have been killed had his hand been gripping it instead of just touching it when the shock came through....and then I wouldn't be here today. o_o

Emperor Time
05-28-2008, 01:28 PM
It gives you a real jolt if you touch a doorknob after sliding your socks on a carpet.

ArAshI-sensei
05-28-2008, 03:22 PM
I did, my mother has it all the time when she exits the car and touches some metal part of it :zaru

Jagon Fox
05-28-2008, 03:57 PM
yup sure have! when I was little I used to wear these fleece footie pjs, and everytime I got into bed zing zing zing! :lmao

infinite
05-28-2008, 04:01 PM
You know how sometimes you touch something and you get a static shock?

I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever actually physically seen the electricity that happens there.

One time I got a static shock and I actually saw some blue-ish white electricity come between what I touched and my finger. :S It was freaky.

Yeah I saw that too, a few times, but not often.

Goom
05-28-2008, 06:07 PM

Has anyone here ever actually been seriously electrocuted though? As in something other than a static shock? Like hit with a lightning bolt or blasted back from an electical appliance?

It hasn't happened to me but it happened to my dad before I was born, back when he was about the age I currently am now. He got blasted back by a wave of electricity(he was working in the boiler room of a hospital I think it was and someone turned on something while my dad was working on it).

He was blasted backwards a few feet onto the ground and he blacked out for a while. When he woke up, there were all these people looking at him which really shocked expressions on their faces.

He was actually unharmed but....o_o He probably would have been killed had his hand been gripping it instead of just touching it when the shock came through....and then I wouldn't be here today. o_o

*raises hand slowly*

Yes, unfortunately I have been actually electrocuted before. I can assure you it is not a good feeling at all. It is not really painful, but scary as fuck. All your muscles in your body spasm like mad and it is hard to move away from whatever is electrocuting you. As a matter of fact it is impossible to think when you are being electrocuted. And yes you do make weird noises when it happens. Also you don't really get blasted back when it happens, it just freezes you into place and keeps zapping you until your hand or w/e that is touching the appliance is moved away.

Btw I was electrocuted when I was younger by doing something pretty stupid -_-. I thought i turned my lamp off so I put my finger inside and touched the metal part. I expected a certain type of static discharge, but was electrocuted instead (it was actually turned on),

Sky is Over
05-28-2008, 06:19 PM

One time I turned on a light switch, felt a numb feeling course through my body. Then recently, a pair of head phones started to produce static, but for the time being I dismissed it as part of the song, then a few moments loater it shoked the shit out've me. :S

Gary
05-28-2008, 07:58 PM
now ireally want to see it :cry

pajamas
05-28-2008, 08:01 PM
I thought this was about the cartoon.

Fuck :pek

goned
05-28-2008, 08:05 PM
I\'ve seen it a couple times, its really cool.

Siren
05-28-2008, 08:07 PM

I've electrocuted myself before. xD Not like, I got hit by a lightning bolt or something. I was around three and my dad was doing something with this tool (I think it's the one you use when you want to connect two wires together? :headscrat ). I don't know what it is, so I try to touch it. Oh my gosh, it hurt like HELL.xD Luckily I only electrocuted the tipes of my fingers. (The next day I touched the iron while my mom was ironing. :hehee )

I've seen lots of sparks flying before from an appliance, I don't know if that counts.

Gary
05-28-2008, 08:11 PM
now i really want to see it :cry

Silver Reflection
05-28-2008, 08:27 PM
I get shocked by the door at my work just about every time I go in.Actually,there's alot of things I get shocked by at work.If it doesn't want me there I'd be more than happy to take a few days off. :iria

SunnyxShine
05-28-2008, 10:22 PM
uh no D: ...........

wolfman_120
05-28-2008, 11:09 PM
I see it all the time. Although it's still really kool, it's not something that is very new in my life

Vanity
05-28-2008, 11:56 PM
*raises hand slowly*

Yes, unfortunately I have been actually electrocuted before. I can assure you it is not a good feeling at all. It is not really painful, but scary as fuck. All your muscles in your body spasm like mad and it is hard to move away from whatever is electrocuting you. As a matter of fact it is impossible to think when you are being electrocuted. And yes you do make weird noises when it happens. Also you don't really get blasted back when it happens, it just freezes you into place and keeps zapping you until your hand or w/e that is touching the appliance is moved away.

Btw I was electrocuted when I was younger by doing something pretty stupid -_-. I thought i turned my lamp off so I put my finger inside and touched the metal part. I expected a certain type of static discharge, but was electrocuted instead (it was actually turned on),

That sounds scary. :(

And maybe getting blasted back depends on how it happens....or maybe by saying 'blasted back' my dad just meant that he fell to the floor after it finished actually zapping him.

wolfman_120
05-29-2008, 12:10 AM

*raises hand slowly*

*Shifts Close To Moogoogaipan*

*Also Raises Hand*

I've been electrocuted as well. It really sucked. I was changing a fluorescent bulb, and I had two prong in on one side and one on the other trying to get the second in. Somehow I completed the circuit with my finger. It was so intense, at the time I had no idea what was going on. My whole body was spasming and I couldn't move no matter what I did. I was on top of a step-ladder as well, and so I jerked myself as hard back as I could to pull away from the light and I ended up falling off the step-ladder onto my tiled kitchen floor. I ended up banging my head pretty hard on the ground when I got away. When tried to stand back up my body was so frail and weak that I ended up falling back down onto the floor. Needless to say, it was quite an intense experience, and now I am forever scared of changing light bulbs of any kind

Vanity
05-29-2008, 01:22 AM
Yikes, that sounds really scary.

I know that sometimes when plugging stuff in I have seen the elecricity as I was plugging it in but it was of course between the plug itself and the rubber part of the thing I'm plugging in. I could see the electricity on the metal prongs as I was plugging them in.

It's scary and I want to avoid ever being electrocuted.

Cindy
05-29-2008, 02:25 AM
xD Random topic.

Yes, I've seen the static electricity.. usually when I touch my car on a dry day.

If you're in a dimly lit room in winter and you pull off your sweater in front of a mirror, you can see little electric static.

iLurk
05-29-2008, 02:48 AM
This is like how people thought the world will end thousands of years ago when there's a solar eclipse.

They're scared of things because they aren't educated.

Grimmjow
05-29-2008, 01:26 PM
I never saw it

j e s s i e
05-29-2008, 03:07 PM
You mean a Van de Graaff generator?

yeah, yeah. one of those. fun times lol

WalkingNosebleed
05-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Yea I've seen it. It's especially easy to see in the dark.

Captain Apoo
05-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Yes, it happens quite regular in shopping centres. Most have metal railings and whatnot and rubbing past them discharges electricity. It's clearly visible most of the time.

Switch on you CRT tellies and rub your hand over the screen straight away to feel a fantastic tingling... :hehee

~ Son of SPARDA ~
05-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Only on television documentaries about electricity and its various forms, never in real life.

Mael
05-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Yeah I've seen the static electricity bolts. You should try a Van de Graff generator. It's essentially a big ball of charging static electricity crafted from win. :nod

Coup
05-29-2008, 05:11 PM
I've never seen it as I'm not really expecting a static shock when I get one so no time to look :P.

If I ever do see it I'll scream Chidori!:awesome

05-29-2008, 05:29 PM
It looks like this:
http://i3.iofferphoto.com/img/item/180/033/67/StaticShock1.jpg

Bya Bya
05-29-2008, 05:38 PM
I saw a little spark once. It was small and very brief.

+Kohana_Ame+
05-30-2008, 08:50 AM
I only see sparks, though I really often get owned by the plugs in my room XD

parker pyne
05-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Seen eet. Life-changing, it was.

Run.The.Animal
05-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Yeah, I did. It was cool as hell. Unfortunately, I still had a fingerprint.:(

Juubi
05-30-2008, 08:18 PM

How old is your car? :lmao

Jaded Heart
05-30-2008, 10:47 PM
No, but when I plug in my phone charger I can see the shocking electricity spurge.

lunar rainbow
05-31-2008, 12:05 AM
Yeah, it was a blue spark. Kinda cool if you ask me. :3

stracciatella
06-01-2008, 08:45 AM
I really don't know what you mean. This has never happened to me before.

I'm super boring, right? .____.

Xyloxi
06-01-2008, 11:46 AM
I think I might have seen it a long time a go.

Jetstorm
06-01-2008, 02:19 PM
I saw it all the time when we first moved into a new house. My brother and I would trudge along the carpet and shock each other for the first few days.

Had to look really close at our fingers to see it though.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum