Blue_Panter_Ninja
04-05-2008, 02:45 PM
too many question indeed:cry

Burning_Dragon
04-05-2008, 02:49 PM
where did it say they cant have babies?

Sustainz
04-05-2008, 02:59 PM
They have sex. Puff magically a baby appears in their vomb, then the Female delivers.

d3l
04-05-2008, 03:01 PM
I thought that only spirits with a reasonable reiatsu could reproduce in soul society (souls of the unborn babies need to go somewhere). :huh

Teach
04-05-2008, 03:01 PM
They have sex. Puff magically a baby appears in their vomb, then the Female delivers.

:lmao

Pretty much.

Delta Shell
04-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Yeah I think it's something to do with Reiatsu level.

That's why people with high reiatsu can get hungry.

Butō Rengoob
04-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Interesting notion if i say so myself.

alisha
04-05-2008, 04:23 PM
I was thinking about this myself, shinigami's/arrancar's daily life...like how they feel.

Is Stark simply lazy, or tired? There must be whores in Hueco Mundo, as Nnoitra reffered to something like that to Ulquiorra, and in the anime, Grimmjow called Loly a slut...

But I don't think they reproduce, maybe that's the only thing they can't do.

Noitora
04-05-2008, 04:24 PM
A sexual, probably.

IDGabrielHM
04-05-2008, 04:59 PM
where did it say they cant have babies?I don't know that it explicitely stated it, but when Ichigo and the crew were wandering in the rukongai the assembly of families seemed to suggest they were all slapdashed together without any blood ties. That, and the only fresh baby I've ever heard of with a family member nearby was Rukia and her sister, and even so we A: don't know if they were really related either and B: can't be certain that they didn't simply die in each other's company at exactly the same time and ended up together in a fluke, either.
I thought that only spirits with a reasonable reiatsu could reproduce in soul society (souls of the unborn babies need to go somewhere). :huh.....I'd never heard of that one either. But, it's somewhat interesting to think of.

It's just eerie, where the hell are all of the babies? Did Nnotra stomp them all?

Regner
04-05-2008, 05:04 PM
How was Isshin able to procreate being a Captain? Is his body a gigai or really human?

killfox
04-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Well in the latest chapter Aizen " When did you know?" And Shinji said "Since you were in your mothers womb" So Im assuming that at least some people can have kids.

Blue_Panter_Ninja
04-05-2008, 05:20 PM
without kids no succession :P

Kikyo
04-05-2008, 05:24 PM
They can procreate. House Kuchiki was in near riot when Byakuya married Hisana, a commoner. If "blood"lines weren't possible in SS, it wouldn't have mattered. Yoruichi is another one "born" to her position, before she abandoned it. As was Soi Fon.

The "families" in Rukongai are something else entirely. They aren't related by blood, only by common goals and being able to function as a family unit. Doesn't mean that they can't procreate, it just makes it unlikely. They don't have to eat either, but shinigami do, it's a sign of their level of reiatsu. Procreation may have similar restrictions.

SilverSerpent
04-05-2008, 05:47 PM
When i read the manga for the first time, i gave this some thought.

In Rukongai we learn that familys form up after a dead persons soul arrives in Soul Society. They have already had lifes on earth, and can remember their lifes their. As the manga moves forward we get to know the noble clans. It seems that adoption isnt something that normally happen. Byakuya even show some respect to Ganju when he learn that he is nobility. Would Byakuya really show respect to someone that could be adopted? I really dont think so. It seems like the nobles are biological familys.

My solution to the problem is this:
When the Bleach world was created some souls orginally started their lifes in Soul Society, and not on earth. This was a very small number of souls, and they were able to reproduce. As time went by they gathered together in clans and formed the noble houses. Some things even support my theory. It looks like the noble houses has always existed in Soul Society, and no of the nobles so far has any memory of their life on earth.

Delta Shell
04-05-2008, 05:55 PM
They don't have to eat either, but shinigami do, it's a sign of their level of reiatsu. Procreation may have similar restrictions.

Agreed, that's pretty much what I was saying.

What I think is whack is that you can get sick in Soul Society. You can even die. That's lame.

Soul Vibe
04-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Sereitei and Rukongai are two completely different worlds. Rukongai family =/= Sereitei family

hence, why bloodlines exist in Sereitei but do not in Rukongai (outside of the Shiba clan).

Kalashnikov
04-05-2008, 06:46 PM
I don't get how can yo ask. What about Nemu? She even gave the first on-screen birth.
Come to think about it, does it mean Szayel is Mayuri's grandson? :LOS

BAD BD
04-05-2008, 06:47 PM
I don't get how can yo ask. What about Nemu? She even gave the first on-screen birth.

True

Yes

Blue_Panter_Ninja
04-05-2008, 06:56 PM

I hope she marry Uryuu and give birth to twins:boy and girl (1st quincy/shinigami hybrids):laugh:laugh

Kikyo
04-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Nemu was created by Mayuri in much the same as Gigai and modsouls, but further modified for Mayuri's needs (I feel dirty typing that). She doesn't count. She's more like Frankenstein's monster than anything else, just prettier.

DoubleX31
04-05-2008, 11:26 PM
What Szayel used was an ability.

Reproductive organs were not used in the process.

Blk_Onyx
04-06-2008, 01:31 AM
i thought he entered through her vagina :zaru

Seaneleth
04-06-2008, 01:53 AM
Mayuri did install a vagina in there.

IDGabrielHM
04-06-2008, 02:57 AM
There's no evidence that SS was populated before the first human being died, there simply isn't any to the contrary either is all.

But, it is sensible to believe that only the high-level dead could be capable of taking in and giving out spiritron-based-matter, such as food and babies.

.....Isshin could have children because he lost his power and confined himself to a gigai.
The noble clans are the strongest evidence for breeding, however, all hassle could be attributed to a sense of worthiness and unworthiness; they could still adopt into the clans and have simply been pissed at Byakuya because his little plaything from the rukongai wasn't worthy of being invited into the Kuchiki family. But yes, the idea of breeding higher level shinigami seems nice to me.

Juanita Tequila
04-06-2008, 03:05 AM
Oh they have babies alright...SIMS STYLE!! Where the bb just magically appears from a puff of smoke! :zaru

incu
04-06-2008, 03:49 AM
the noble clans are left with so few members it's getting to a point where it's almost incest.

ArAshI-sensei
04-06-2008, 05:49 AM
WHERE IS THE SOUL SMEX????

Kalashnikov
04-06-2008, 06:27 AM
We need moar Nemu healing :awesome

Seaneleth
04-06-2008, 09:43 AM
Since it's best if she gets hurt first, Nemu is the perfect wife for an abusive husband, or one that's into some freaky shit.

Oh god, I'm going to hell.

ameterasu_41
04-06-2008, 02:17 PM
not reproducing in rukongai may just be an intelligent decision since most people seem to be dirt poor. either that, or with low reiatsu, their bodies don't have the energy to reproduce. since the people are entirely made up of spirit particles, the amount of reiatsu they have probably determines how well their bodies function. on the other hand, this could easily be a plot hole and Kubo hasn't bothered to put any thought into it.

Kalashnikov
04-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Since it's best if she gets hurt first, Nemu is the perfect wife for an abusive husband, or one that's into some freaky shit.

Oh god, I'm going to hell.

Don't worry, we all are, for reading Bleach :argh

this could easily be a plot hole and Kubo hasn't bothered to put any thought into it.

Don't spoil the fun :pek

auto-matic
04-06-2008, 03:08 PM
the women are probabiliy sterile and arent able to make babies, maybe their power level is too strong an kills the fetus from within :laugh:laugh:laugh

Saphira
04-06-2008, 03:39 PM
they reproduce like humans most likely :awesome

Raikiri
04-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Yeah I think it's something to do with Reiatsu level.

That's why people with high reiatsu can get hungry.

are you saying that the more rieatsu a woman has, the more fertile she becomes?

ukitake: hey unohana!

unohana: hey ukitake! long time no see.

*they hug*

unohana: oh shoot, i think i'm pregnant now.

Sakon
04-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Raikiri, the internet is collapsing under your posts' Win :rotfl

Yulwei
04-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Personally I think it's like this. We know there must be a balance between the living and the dead lest chaos ensue. As such when souls get destroyed in any way balance must be restored on one of the planes of existence. My suspicion is that the balance is redressed in the world of the dead rather than that of the living for no particularly good reason. As such people born in SS are born when souls get detroyed rather than reincarnated. We know of at least one event that resulted in many souls being destroyed and thats the hieght of Quincy Pride. Seeing as most clans seem to consist of one or two people and bunch of servants I think not many hiers are being produced. Either way Omaeda's family looks way to similar to each other to be the result of adoption.

IDGabrielHM
04-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Omaeda's family is filler. End of Bleach episode 144, correct?

Otherwise a good statement, sounds hard as all hell to regulate.

Yulwei
04-06-2008, 07:06 PM
It was in a manga omake as well(one of those all colour ones or whatever they're called) unless you consider that filler.

Anyway as you only have to produce an hier once every goodness knows how many centuries a family could go on for a long while without producing offspring and be at no risk of dying out

IDGabrielHM
04-06-2008, 07:46 PM
manga omake
I must see this.

Yulwei
04-06-2008, 07:47 PM
It was posted on 4chan so I'm afraid I can't provide it

IDGabrielHM
04-06-2008, 07:56 PM
It was posted on 4chan so I'm afraid I can't provide it

Shit.

Oh well. None the less it is facinating, and sheds some light on the nature of dead breeding habits.

Levithian
04-06-2008, 09:34 PM
When a male Shinigami and a female Shinagami love each other very much...

Kensei
04-06-2008, 09:36 PM
If they can have sex, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to reproduce.

Tasmanian Tiger
04-06-2008, 10:10 PM
who said they couldnt? :pek

Yαriko
04-07-2008, 04:29 AM
I've never thought how they reproduce but most likely like humans:huh

Tasmanian Tiger
04-07-2008, 04:42 AM
this thread makes me lol :laugh :pek

SchmoozingWouter
04-07-2008, 12:14 PM
but if they reproduced wouldnt that create new spirits, thus creating an imbalance in the whole Bleach circle of life thingy?

Yulwei
04-07-2008, 12:35 PM
That's why children are so rare. Personally I think anyone born in SS is insta-nobility(assuming they're in the CoPS) and they're children thereafter rise up the tiers of nobility. Thus the noble houses are those few houses that have had children born in SS more often than other houses.

Raikiri
04-07-2008, 12:53 PM
if you can screw around without worrying about knocking up women, then i'll go ahead and say that SS is pretty much the equivalent of heaven.

Yulwei
04-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Well going by Ukitake's sickness you can still get ill so there's still the threat of STD's

IDGabrielHM
04-07-2008, 02:30 PM
.....I just had another thought. What about Szayel and Yylfordt? Brothers, but, ignoring the idea of hollows breeding and thus producing two male children, or even of two brothers on earth both becoming hollows after death..........Szayel is an adjucas. Adjucas become the way they are by a gillian, the massive menos made up of hundreds of hollows smashed together and otherwise eaten and digested, suddenly developing conciousness and going on to consume more and more powerful hollows. How the hell does a legion have a brother? Was Szayel simply the most dominant hollow in a gillian that eventually rose to conciousness when the gillian turned adjucas, and his brother simply had remained a hollow.....what's the deal. That's also assuming that Yylfordt wasn't some kind of menos as well, and seeing as how most of the other members of the numeros who went to earth on that trip were not only menos but seemingly adjucas, it's an unlikely assumption. Did two brothers both become entrapped in gillian forms and then both become Adjucas? Crazy. It's still odd to say two adjucas could be brothers.

alisha
04-07-2008, 02:38 PM
There can be blood related families in SS though...like Rukia and Hisana, the were sisters in the real wold and ended up in SS as sisters too...

And also, if there are children, do they grow up? Like Toshiro, he still looks the same ever since we saw him in his past with Momo...

Yulwei
04-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Rukia and Renji grew up so I think it's fair to say that Toshiro is simply that short.

Raikiri
04-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Well going by Ukitake's sickness you can still get ill so there's still the threat of STD's
true. but i'm sure the 4th or 12th division has something for that.
Rukia and Renji grew up so I think it's fair to say that Toshiro is simply that short.

hitsugaya is the result of midget sex.

silly
04-07-2008, 03:32 PM
They use gigai for sex :P

Raikiri
04-07-2008, 03:33 PM
They use gigai for sex :P

that is the epitome of safe sex: you don't even use your real body to do it.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum