Is there such a thing as being too strong?

Hexa
02-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Sasuke managed to put Itachi on the defensive, but it wasn't really a fair comparison. Sasuke was really only able to do so because Itachi was weakened from having used Tsukuyomi.

Hiro
02-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Do you think there can be such a thing as being to strong? Prime example Sasuke as of right now, his smarts, versatility, jutsu use and overall abilities. I'm not saying he is perfect and could pwn anyone, but look at what he is doing, Itachi is on the defensive and his badass aura is shrinking from the looks of it. Let's say Sasuke beats Madara blah blah, and get's so strong he can pwn anyone with little to no effort, what would you think? Would it be boring for even Sasuke lovers if it went this far?

This is just an example perhaps Naruto get's so strong he can pwn anyone with little to no effort, would you consider him to be to strong? Would you still be interested and stand by him, or would you grow bored? I'm not saying this going to happen just curious, as we have seen the 'strongest' shinobi alive can be beat aka Madara, or we thought he was the strongest at first. Vote please.
Itachi is not on the defense, sure according to Zetsu’s comments and Itachi’s actions it appears that he is, but right now there are pretty much both offensive and defensive. Directly after the use of Tsukuyomi, Sasuke was on the offensive due to the side effects. After the use of Amaterasu though, Sasuke is on defense.

You also have to keep in mind that STRATEGY was a big part of this battle. The side effects of Tsukuyomi and then Amaterasu right after will not be pleasant. In it is a combination of skills and brains. Sasuke has definitely got his research/plans done for this battle.

Jinchuriki-san
02-15-2008, 11:15 AM
Yes, but being too strong is a quality that leads to inevitable defeat.

Turn_Over
02-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Character strengths are ridiculously out of proportion in the story now and writing is terrible.

The Kage's of each village are supposed to be the strongest most feared Shinobi everywhere, yet Kakuzu fought with the First Hokage and had no problem, yet this first Hokage defeated Madara?

Sasori flat out owned a Kazekage and literally turned him into a puppet? Yet lost to Sakura and Chiyo?

Orochimaru, a feared Sannin genius that the Third called a once in a decade genius, was beaten by Itachi and Sasuke on separate occasions? Yet Itachi fears fighting Jiraiya alongside Kisame?

The 2nd Hokage was praised in the Edo-Tensei fight for being able to create water to perform water element attacks. Yet Kisame vomits up an ocean AT 30% CHAKRA making the 2nd look pitiful in comparison????

The three Sannin in their prime, Orochimaru, Tsunade, and Jiraiya, can barely scratch Hanzou. Yet Pain defeats Hanzou, and all of his supporters....??????? Yeah yeah Pain has the Rinnegan, which is a stupidly powerful doujutsu meaning whichever character defeats him (NARUTO) will need even more powerful ridiculous techniques, can't wait.

Kakuzu survives 100 years with multiple hearts, fights a Kage level opponent, then loses to a couple shadow clones from Naruto???

Zabuza was known as a demon warrior that liked to behead people. Oops, now he's second in line to Suigestu, the inferior Zabuza clone who will somehow end up having crazy superior jutsu...??

Gaara, a bijuu, who can control sand, is defeated by Deidara, in the middle of the SAND COUNTRY THAT GAARA CONTROLS ALL SAND???????????????????????????????? Yet Deidara is defeated by Sasuke later, Sasuke who was owned by Gaara in PT1.

There are more but my head hurts.

Mahdi
02-15-2008, 11:19 AM
At least we can say Sasuke researched Itachi to death :nuts

Arthas
02-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Character strengths are ridiculously out of proportion in the story now and writing is terrible.

The Kage's of each village are supposed to be the strongest most feared Shinobi everywhere, yet Kakuzu fought with the First Hokage and had no problem, yet this first Hokage defeated Madara?

The Kage's are the strongest nin of the five biggest villages (which because of their size have the largest military power.) Also Kakuzu fought the Shodaime and survived, Kakuzu did not say that he survived or even lost

Sasori flat out owned a Kazekage and literally turned him into a puppet? Yet lost to Sakura and Chiyo?

*sigh* Who said he owned the Kazekage, Sasori said that puppet was the most difficult to acquire (not sure if I recall this correctly.) Also Chiyo is the person who trained Sasori, knew all of the basics of Sasori's moves. Plus Sasori let himself loose in the end.

Orochimaru, a feared Sannin genius that the Third called a once in a decade genius, was beaten by Itachi and Sasuke on separate occasions? Yet Itachi fears fighting Jiraiya alongside Kisame?

Itachi had just wasted two Tsukuyomi. If he had beaten Jiraiya he would have to delivered the Kyuubi straight to Madara (whom he intends to kill later) and Akatsuki would have drawn attention of various countries (a Sannin just got killed) + Akatsuki would have to cart around a hyper active brat for three years until they were ready to seal him.

The 2nd Hokage was praised in the Edo-Tensei fight for being able to create water to perform water element attacks. Yet Kisame vomits up an ocean AT 30% CHAKRA making the 2nd look pitiful in comparison????

S-Class Villain from water country thats as expected. Also the ANBU was amazed but Orochimaru just said "as expected". You expect jutsus of that level from kage level nin.

The three Sannin in their prime, Orochimaru, Tsunade, and Jiraiya, can barely scratch Hanzou. Yet Pain defeats Hanzou, and all of his supporters....??????? Yeah yeah Pain has the Rinnegan, which is a stupidly powerful doujutsu meaning whichever character defeats him (NARUTO) will need even more powerful ridiculous techniques, can't wait.

Hanzou defeated the Sannin before they were in their prime. Second Hanzou must have been near Sarutobi's by the time pain defeated him.

Kakuzu survives 100 years with multiple hearts, fights a Kage level opponent, then loses to a couple shadow clones from Naruto???

That's not power level, it's PIS

Zabuza was known as a demon warrior that liked to behead people. Oops, now he's second in line to Suigestu, the inferior Zabuza clone who will somehow end up having crazy superior jutsu...??

Actually Zabuza was the original, Suigetsu was the second coming with the added bloodline or modded ability.

Gaara, a bijuu, who can control sand, is defeated by Deidara, in the middle of the SAND COUNTRY THAT GAARA CONTROLS ALL SAND???????????????????????????????? Yet Deidara is defeated by Sasuke later, Sasuke who was owned by Gaara in PT1.

There are more but my head hurts.

Personally I thought Deidara used a rather clever strategy against Gaara.

Jetstorm
02-15-2008, 12:11 PM
I pretty much agree with all of your post Arthas.

As for the OP, I wouldn't say SAsuke is too strong and Itachi isn't done just yet. 2.5 years with Sannin+Sharingan+Natural Genius=what we see now. I would be disappointed if he wasn't at this level.

Sasuke_Bateman
02-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Hehe I was going to say something along the lines of "Sasuke >> Minato" but it would be unfair to compare someone as great as Sasuke to a dead man.

-Dargor-
02-15-2008, 12:34 PM
What else did you expect?

Sasuke is naruto's lost love rival, to keep up with Kyuubi he has to look like he can still fight on equal ground with a possibly 7-8 tailed Naruto. To me kishi is just setting up their final face-off, if Sasuke didn't crush his current opponents, how could you possibly believe he could keep up with a totally kyuubified Naruto?

Ghost_of_Gashir
02-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Sasuke isn't too strong.

He's just turned into a fuckin' Mary Sue.

Which is probably even worse. :pek

The Scientist
02-15-2008, 12:40 PM
no matter how strong you are, there is always someone stronger. even the strongest person in the world would someday lose that position to someone new. its a fact of life. so is there something as being too strong? I dont know, probably not....there is no one too strong to the point that they cannot be beaten....the person who will do the ass whooping hasn't come along yet is all.

Yoburi
02-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Sasuke managed to put Itachi on the defensive, but it wasn't really a fair comparison. Sasuke was really only able to do so because Itachi was weakened from having used Tsukuyomi.

NOT FAIR? ARe you insane Itachi use Tsukuyomi because he choice to use its his damn fault.

Incubus
02-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Sasuke is not too powerful, but his seeming lack of struggle is starting to bore me again (his fight with Deidara was great). Characters grow b/c of hardships and trials. It seems that all of Sasuke's hardships and struggles occured during his TS training and all we have now is the product. It just feels like Sasuke's character has had no real development during part 2. It all happened prior to his return. That makes his character a little less interesting to me.

Punkomatic
02-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Sasuke isn't too strong.

He's just turned into a fuckin' Mary Sue.

Which is probably even worse. :pekWhats so Mary Sueish about his character. He is by far the most flawed personality in the entire manga.

-Dargor-
02-15-2008, 12:44 PM
It seems that all of Sasuke's hardships and struggles occured during his TS training

He survived 3 years in a cave with Orochimaru, who knows what kind of "hardship" he suffered :laugh

And I personally don't want to see those xD

Incubus
02-15-2008, 12:46 PM
He survived 3 years in a cave with Orochimaru, who knows what kind of "hardship" he suffered :laugh

And I personally don't want to see those xD

Thank you for ruining my appetite.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum