Tash
12-29-2007, 03:37 PM
^Pretty much.

Lord Genome
12-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Red gets the job done.

DeusExMachina
12-30-2007, 01:33 AM
Ash CAN'T EVEN WIN KANTO LEAGUE, HECK HE CAN'T EVEN WIN ANY MAIN LEAGUE UNLESS IT'S A SPECIAL LEAGUE LIKE BATTLE FRONTIER OR ORANGE LEAGUE. Although winning Battle Frontier is impressive...losing to Elekid is not impressive.

Zaelapolopollo
02-11-2009, 06:30 AM
Oh yes I'm bumping this. Why? Because I can't make new threads and I want to know why Red beats Ash. What Pokemon does he have and what are their best feats?

Aokiji
02-11-2009, 06:32 AM
Red is a badass who spends his time walking around final areas silently with level 81 Pokemon.

Yeah

Darth
02-11-2009, 06:34 AM
doesn't Ash have a level 99 Pikachu?

Pika CHU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JakzRyusei
02-11-2009, 06:49 AM
Ash FTW.....................

Abigail
02-11-2009, 07:17 AM
Isn't the manga much more brutal where the battles are normally to the death. Yeah Red takes this.

Sylar
02-11-2009, 07:19 AM
Red vs. Giovanni. That's all that needs to be said.

skiboydoggy
02-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Ash only needs ONE Pokemon, ONE. Mewtwo. :ho
Throw in Deoxys for the epic rape.

Jali005
02-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Red vs. Giovanni. That's all that needs to be said.

What Chapter was that?

Abigail
02-11-2009, 08:04 AM

Red fought Mewtwo and lived so I don't know where your going with this. Besides Mewtwo was never his pokemon anyways.

skiboydoggy
02-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Red fought Mewtwo and lived so I don't know where your going with this. Besides Mewtwo was never his pokemon anyways.
That's only because you haven't read the Fire Red/Leaf Green arc. He used both Mewtwo and Deoxys. :ho

Zaelapolopollo
02-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Wait, what? You said Ash had Mewtwo then you're talking about reading an arc.
Are you talking about manga Ash in the Tales of Pikachu? Otherwise I'm kinda lost.

As for manga battles being more brutal...who cares? That has no bearing on power level.

Also just because Red fought manga Mewtwo doesn't mean anything. Anime Mewtwo has better feats from what I've read.

skiboydoggy
02-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Wait, what? You said Ash had Mewtwo then you're talking about reading an arc.
Are you talking about manga Ash in the Tales of Pikachu? Otherwise I'm kinda lost.

lolwut. RED has owned and used Mewtwo and Deoxys in the Fire Red/Leaf Green arc.

Also just because Red fought manga Mewtwo doesn't mean anything. Anime Mewtwo has better feats from what I've read.

Red beat manga Mewtwo, then later used manga Mewtwo, who can still effortlessly destroy buildings, slashing apart Deoxys clones all the way.

Gig
02-11-2009, 08:49 AM

lolwut. RED has owned and used Mewtwo and Deoxys in the Fire Red/Leaf Green arc.
You got the names mixed up in your first post since you said Ash only needs Mewtwo

skiboydoggy
02-11-2009, 08:56 AM
You got the names mixed up in your first post since you said Ash only needs Mewtwo
Oooohhhhh, oops.
Well, now you know. I was talking about Red.

Zaelapolopollo
02-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Red beat manga Mewtwo, then later used manga Mewtwo, who can still effortlessly destroy buildings, slashing apart Deoxys clones all the way.

Well if Red has a Mewtwo, Ash does seem a bit out of luck. I haven't watched the recent anime but the lineup I remember him having can't compete with that.

skiboydoggy
02-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Well if Red has a Mewtwo, Ash does seem a bit out of luck. I haven't watched the recent anime but the lineup I remember him having can't compete with that.
Mewtwo and Deoxys both take commands from Red. Not that he really needs either, since his Venusaur can just merk most of Ash's team with one Frenzy Plant.

Zaelapolopollo
02-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Eh? I would thinK Ash's Charizard would make fried Venosaur in no time.

skiboydoggy
02-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Eh? I would thinK Ash's Charizard would make fried Venosaur in no time.
Most. Charizard is worlds stronger than the rest of Ash's team. We're talking about a Pokemon that has on two occasions kept up with Legendaries for lulz. (If you count the Unown created Entei as a proper Legendary, that is.)

Inuhanyou
02-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Ash because he actually has a personality and talks :pek

:lmao Well i WAS referring to SSBB red(even though you can contest that that guy isnt even red), not the manga version heh....<_<.

skiboydoggy
02-11-2009, 10:03 AM
lrn2PokemonSpecial.

Stroev
02-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Pikachu also took a beating when Red was captured by Elite 4. Decent durability/stamina.

Tash
02-15-2009, 11:46 PM

wow .

Tash
02-15-2009, 11:47 PM
Seriously congrats.

That's probably the worst post I've seen in a while by somebody not trying.

Pringer Lagann
02-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Mewtwo and Deoxys both take commands from Red. Not that he really needs either, since his Venusaur can just merk most of Ash's team with one Frenzy Plant.

Where can I read the manga, this just keeps getting better :ho

skiboydoggy
02-16-2009, 08:25 AM
Where can I read the manga, this just keeps getting better :ho
You buy volumes. :ho

Lance Vance
02-16-2009, 08:27 AM
Red :pek... I SAID RED :sun

Zaelapolopollo
02-16-2009, 10:07 AM
I'd say Ash's Pikachu > Red's Pikachu in everything. And no, it's not because it has a Jobber Aura. Ash's Pikachu has lost many, many times. Just recently

Ash's Pikachu just seems to have better feats in destructive power and durability.

HanautaSanchou
02-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Ash's pikachu beat Regice but lost to an Elekid in the near future. I don't know what to think anymore. :zaru

Zaelapolopollo
02-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Oh and who'd win between Ash and Red in aphysical battle?

Ash has the durability being more Toonforce-ish but when it comes to strength, I dunno. Ash has bent a spoon and swung a decent-sized sledgehammer is all i can think of for his strengthl.

Sylar
02-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Manga pokemon battles are FAR more physical for the trainers than in the anime. Red would beat the living sh#t out of Ash.

HanautaSanchou
02-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Red. Ash never fought before without his pokemon. Except that one time in the beginning.

Zaelapolopollo
02-16-2009, 01:32 PM
How are they more physical? Do they get in their and wrestle with the Pokemon or something? I don't see how else they could be more physical.

Red. Ash never fought before without his pokemon. Except that one time in the beginning.

And Red gets in fistfights all the time or something?

Violent By Design
02-16-2009, 01:37 PM
First few volumes Red would fight along side his pokemon. I remember Red taking some blows. Red would dominate Ashes' happy go lucky ass.

Stroev
02-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Red got the living dayshits beaten out of him by the Elite Four.

Though they both do a lot of walking and such. And Ash during the Orange League did some mountain climbing or something. But then again, Red did that as well. Giovanni also beat him with his Pok'emon.

Overlord Mukuro
02-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Red obliterates Ash with his level 80+ Pikachu.

Zaelapolopollo
02-16-2009, 02:00 PM
Yeah, Ash had to climb a mountain to prove himself to one of the gym leaders.
As for fighting alongisde his Pokemon..Ash has tanked fire blasts from his Charmeleon and Charizard. He's also dodged Pikachu's lightning. It's nowhere near real lightning's speed I know but it still tends to reach Team Rocket (who are dozens if not hundreds of feat in the air) in seconds.

Red obliterates Ash with his level 80+ Pikachu.

Feats for Red's Pikachu?

Overlord Mukuro
02-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Feats for Red's Pikachu?

Go play Pokemon Red.

Kai
02-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Yeah, Ash had to climb a mountain to prove himself to one of the gym leaders.
As for fighting alongisde his Pokemon..Ash has tanked fire blasts from his Charmeleon and Charizard. He's also dodged Pikachu's lightning. It's nowhere near real lightning's speed I know but it still tends to reach Team Rocket (who are dozens if not hundreds of feat in the air) in seconds.
Red has been tortured by Lt. Surge's Magneton, taken direct slams from Bruno's Onix, was directly mega kicked by his Hitmonlee, and was frozen in ice by Lorelei's Jynx.

In the Sevii Island arc he took command of Mewtwo and defeated Deoxys. He's probably the most powerful trainer in the Pokemon special manga, while Ash Ketchum has barely tapped the surface of the pokemon leagues. In other words, Red is already the pokemon master in his universe.

Feats for Red's Pikachu?
It's his highest leveled pokemon.

These are the stats of Red's Pokemon at the end of the Gold/Silver arc.
http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/690/page030xh9.jpg

Zaelapolopollo
02-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Go play Pokemon Red.

Why? This has nothing to do with the games.

Red has been tortured by Lt. Surge's Magneton, taken direct slams from Bruno's Onix, was directly kicked by his Hitmonlee, and was frozen in ice by Lorelei's Jynx.

I'd say Ash's Charizard and Pikachu have more firepower than anyone on that list. As for physicla attacks, I can't recall any great blunt damage feats for Ash.

In the Sevii Island arc he took command of Mewtwo and defeated Deoxys. He's probably the most powerful trainer in the Pokemon special manga, while Ash Ketchum has barely tapped the surface of the pokemon leagues. In other words, Red is already the pokemon master in his universe.

It's not Ash's fault he's stuck in a timeloop. The guy's been twn for years now and he'll always be ten. He'll compete in fifty more tournaments and leagues and still only be ten.
Even so, he has just as much, if not more, experience than Red does.

It's highest highest leveled pokemon.

These are the stats of Red's Pokemon at the end of the Gold/Silver arc.

That's great and everything but why does it matter exactly? Feats > stats.

Kai
02-16-2009, 02:36 PM
I'd say Ash's Charizard and Pikachu have more firepower than anyone on that list. As for physicla attacks, I can't recall any great blunt damage feats for Ash.
I was responding to a point, but ultimately I'm not seeing much relevance in testing Ash and Red's durability. Pokemon battles aren't centered around attacking the trainers directly.

And scenes of comic relief aren't accurate representations of Ash's physique. Team Rocket skyrockets into the sky in every episode(sometimes more than once) by dozens of different attacks yet they are unscratched by the next airing.

Anytime Ash gets hurt by a pokemon, 9/10 of the time it has a funny implication.

Even so, he has just as much, if not more, experience than Red does.
0:38...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgMIJeriWSk

Ash isn't even more powerful than a member of the Elite 4.

That's great and everything but why does it matter exactly? Feats > stats.
Pokemon produce greater feats the higher their stats are; even children who play the games acknowledge this.

Grandmaster Kane
02-16-2009, 02:40 PM
that vid is lulz

Zaelapolopollo
02-16-2009, 02:53 PM
And scenes of comic relief aren't accurate representations of Ash's physique. Team Rocket skyrockets into the sky in every episode(sometimes more than once) by dozens of different attacks yet they are unscratched by the next airing.

Which is part of the show's canon. Call it comic relief all you want but if it happens in every singel episode, it counts as feats in my book.
The fact is the Pokemon anime is a kids' show and stuff like that are what happen in kids' shows and just as valid as anything else.

Ash isn't even more powerful than a member of the Elite 4.

Well I don't watch the new anime so I can't account for that. However Ash fought a Gym Leader in Johto who used a Gengar. That Gengar's Shadow Ball was stronger than the one in the vid you showed me. Guess he forgot about that battle or he would have known how to win.

Pokemon produce greater feats the higher their stats are; even children who play the games acknowledge this.

Fair enough.

SmashSk8er
02-16-2009, 04:25 PM
What lvl do you guys think ash's pikachu is?

Seyta
02-16-2009, 07:13 PM
I was responding to a point, but ultimately I'm not seeing much relevance in testing Ash and Red's durability. Pokemon battles aren't centered around attacking the trainers directly.

Rofl... the Team Rocket feats of getting their asses kicked every episode put them at higher durability than the OnePiece Verse....

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum