Why Kakashi wears a mask

Pages : [1] 2

YamazakiSusumu
12-04-2004, 08:19 PM
I like that idea... but we're not sure when Kakashi started wearing the mask in the first place.

In the picture of Kakashi's team and Yondaime that he has above his bed shows him wearing the mask, but we don't know how old they were in that picture either.

Sakumo died 5 years ago. If Kakashi is 12 in the gaiden (just a guess) then he'd be 6 when his father died.... the age that he became a Chuunin. Hmmmm

Bah! It's too confusing since we don't know his age in the gaiden.

Naruto_Uzumaki
12-04-2004, 08:27 PM
hmm.. Nice theory sayam
or maybe is just cuz hes ugly....

Nyarlathotep
12-04-2004, 08:30 PM
or maybe is just cuz hes ugly....The Ichiraku ramen chapter which was used to make episode 101 blows your statement to smithreens.

Absolute Zero
12-04-2004, 08:58 PM
The Ichiraku ramen chapter which was used to make episode 101 blows your statement to smithreens.

Indeed. Hell, even the old guy running the joint looked to be seriously considering homosexuality.

I ARE 1031
12-04-2004, 09:02 PM
Yeah, that was really hilarious but it was a really old manga chapter before that episode. Somebody has it as a sig in this forum. (The guy above was right about the old guy, I noticed that too and it made it even funnier)

Pirazy
12-04-2004, 09:17 PM
It keeps the fangirls away, Sasuke could have used one of those in his academy days..

hikaru yuki
12-04-2004, 10:42 PM
perhaps his dad wore a mask..and since he doesnt even mention his dad anymore, a kid still loves his father no matter what, right? perhaps its used as a "remembrance". or maybe he wants to be as strong as his father.

also, kakashi is always bitching about how your teammates are so important. kakashi's dad died as a result of saving his teammates...another reason for kakashi to look up to his dad and copy him.

i dunno..just maybe..-__-

Kineas
12-04-2004, 10:56 PM
Hm. The first theory is nice, about him not wanting the people of Konoha to remember him for his father's failures. It just doesn't start to hold up once you consider why would he keep on wearing it ever since he came to terms with it, especially when greater tragedies happened, like the pending death of Obito.
I just hope it isn't the result of some vow on some deathbed. That'll be too corny.
If that Ichiraku Ramen chapter on his mask is anything to come by, Kakashi unmasking himself would cause massive havoc in Konoha. So perhaps it's for social reasons. :)

*inserts shameless plug for KakashiXAyame FC*
The result of what happens when Kakashi is caught unmasked.

Raikiri
12-04-2004, 11:50 PM
Kakashi is a ninja. Some ninjas wear masks. It's not that complicated.

superman_1
12-05-2004, 01:01 AM
hmmm....or maybe a crocodile or an alligator bit his face off.....

i heard the same thing in a simpson episode once....when bart says it.......in the episode when he fools his teacher about the dating, bart says maybe a crocodile bit his teacher''s boyfriend's head off.....etc............

occasionalutopia
12-05-2004, 01:30 AM
Interesting theory sayam, but like other posters it doesn't make sense to me either why he would wear the mask out of shame because of his father, since he obviously agrees his father did the right thing after what happened with Obito :NF smile: Maybe his dad wore a mask for practical purposes (e.g. his face was scarred), and Kakashi just decided to do the same thing to honour his father. But before the gaiden I simply guessed that since Kaka-Sensei's an aloof guy, perhaps he just wears his mask to hide his emotions. Or it could have started as an attempt to hide his kiddish features since he was prolly much younger compared to his classmates in the Academy - but who knows since we have no idea when he started wearing that damn mask XD Bah, maybe he just wears it cos he thinks it's cool.
If that Ichiraku Ramen chapter on his mask is anything to come by, Kakashi unmasking himself would cause massive havoc in Konoha. So perhaps it's for social reasons.
Or it could just really, simply boil down to that :laugh

Nasuke
12-05-2004, 02:16 AM
Im gonna post this elsewhere.
Sorry

Tautou
12-05-2004, 03:49 AM
In an interview the question, "Why does Kakashi wear a mask?" is asked. Kishimoto's reply was that he saw ninja's as being "mysterious" or something, so in his character design he made Kakashi wear a mask, but he didn't do that with other characters because it's too difficult to get their expressions down when you can't see their entire face.

Jin
12-05-2004, 04:17 AM
In an interview the question, "Why does Kakashi wear a mask?" is asked. Kishimoto's reply was that he saw ninja's as being "mysterious" or something, so in his character design he made Kakashi wear a mask, but he didn't do that with other characters because it's too difficult to get their expressions down when you can't see their entire face.

Yes, and in the manga Kakashi says he wears a mask cause you are not to know the identity of a ninja.

xmerchentx
12-05-2004, 11:30 AM
maybe he wears the mask because of his fear of germs?! i mean its only over his mouth and nose and this theory could b a reason...u cant stop a phobia unless ur like tsunade

occasionalutopia
12-05-2004, 12:00 PM
Gak, I just read the interview, having a traditionally ninja-ey character seems to be all there is to it about Kakashi's mask. So it's really that simple after all XD Maybe Kishi will furnish a serious/comical reason for the mask eventually, if only for the sake of having another reason less mundane than the original :laugh

Raikiri
12-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Like I said.

Kakashi is a ninja. Some ninjas wear masks. It's not that complicated.

DarkItachiSharingan
12-05-2004, 04:23 PM
y not say that kishimoto just put the mask on so we think on how he looks since he cant just draw a face and eveyrone agrees is goodlookin so is up to our imagination on how good lookin since they wont show u his face

HisshouBuraiKen
12-06-2004, 12:11 AM
I got a theory for ya:

HE'S GOT BIG FAT LIPS

niceguy645
12-06-2004, 12:33 AM
kakashi seems 2 be the type of guy that enjoys solidtude. If he is attractive then he would have girls hittin on him the second he leaves his home. Annoying no? I myself enjoy solidtude on a social basis, however, im alone because i dont like people.

caust1c
12-06-2004, 06:31 AM
doesnt he wear a mask because he used to live in the snow country
and it was to keep him warm
and it just sort of became apart of him?

Kineas
12-06-2004, 06:46 AM
caust1c: Did you get that factoid from the movie? That Kakashi was from the snow country. I've haven't watched the movie, and I'm pretty sure the snow country is exclusive to the Naruto movie.

FFLN
12-06-2004, 01:12 PM
After finding out that Sakumo had the nickname of "White Fang", it made me think that maybe it's because the Hatake's are a family of Vampire Ninjas... there isn't really anything to back that up, but it's a thought.:D More likely though, it probably has to do with their bond with dogs. So maybe they do wear those masks because they're fang-boys.:D Yeah, there's a thought for the fan-girls out there. Fang-boy Kakashi... I can see them drooling right now.;)

sayam
12-06-2004, 01:46 PM
cool maybe kakashi have fangs :P

Molidir
12-06-2004, 01:56 PM
haha.. picture urself kakashi doing the same thing naruto does with kiba after the forest, when he henges into akamaru and bites him, exept he got fangs and bites, breaks so the blood floods

Confucius345
12-06-2004, 07:24 PM
If you look at the picture when Kakashi was very little he still wore the mask..although that idea is pretty Good.

Jack Bauer
01-29-2005, 10:44 PM
I think the reason why Kakashi wears a mask is because he does it to hide his face from the fact he was ashamed that his father commited suicide so he wears it as like a "shame memento".(sorry I cant think of another word)

Gunshin
01-29-2005, 10:46 PM
I'm leaning towards bad teeth like Zabuza. BRUSH DAMN IT.

YamazakiSusumu
01-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Kisame has the same teeth as Zabuza. I'm guessing that all of the 7 Mist Swordsmen did that to their teeth to show that they were a group. *crosses fingers that we'll get to see the other 5*
--
I like your idea that he hides his face so people aren't so quick to compare him to his father, who he is (was) ashamed of.

Strider M
01-30-2005, 12:45 AM
Or Maybe he wears it so he can go clubbin' and pimpin' and no one will know who he is....

enkay
01-30-2005, 12:48 AM
i don't care he needs to take the damn thing off.

Yaman
01-30-2005, 01:03 AM
Bad Ninja medical plans. :laugh

OVERDOSE
01-30-2005, 01:07 AM
Its not his its Obito's maybe?

Vertical
01-30-2005, 01:08 AM
hes a wanted mafia criminal, his father didnt commit sucied, he was gunned down by gansters, now kakashi wears the mask to avoid being found.

Insipidipity
01-30-2005, 01:15 AM
I think the reason why Kakashi wears a mask is because he does it to hide his face from the fact he was ashamed that his father commited suicide so he wears it as like a "shame memento".(sorry I cant think of another word)
If you read the announcement, it says, "Even though it's not your fault that other users are behind on the Anime or Manga, the fact is, they are. PLEASE include a spoiler warning in the title of your thread if it includes something that has happened within the last 20 chapters of the Manga, or last 5 episodes of the Anime so as to be considerate to users trying to catch up"

I think it could be the same reason Ibiki wears a bandana. Scars of torture. They both were part of assassination squads, and given all his experience, I wouldn't be surprised. Then again, he could just be using it to ward off the ladies, if you believe in the anime when they try to see him without his mask.

HiJutsu, Sensatsu Suisho
01-30-2005, 01:19 AM
plastic surgery gone wrong :nodding

¤Naruto-Kun¤
01-30-2005, 02:21 AM
^that explains it, his nosewent bad like micheal jackson

Gooba
01-30-2005, 05:12 AM
It is because he is so sexy he can't fight off women when it is off. Look at the ramen girl. I know anime isn't law, but it is the best we got.

Toiletnojutsu
01-30-2005, 09:07 AM
We see in the manga that kakashi uses a mask before his father dies...

I think he uses it just to show of his ubercoolness

Noex
01-30-2005, 09:15 AM
yeah thats a good idea, coz he is ashamed of his father thats the reason he was soooooo strict when he was a kid.

Toiletnokutsu: well when we see kakashis father its Yondy who tells Obito about kakashis father adn by that time he is already a gonner.

Toiletnojutsu
01-30-2005, 09:21 AM
Hmmm, noex, you may be right... Kakashi actually says that this is a memento from my dad when he comes to aid obito.. Maybe he wears the mask because he wants to fulfill his father..

Jackal Iscariot
01-30-2005, 09:40 AM
or maybe he uses lipstick? aint my right, toiletnojutsu? ;P

Sawako
01-30-2005, 11:02 AM
When Kakashi was really little, he would make all the girls and women faint with his sexyness, so his mother and father made him wear a mask so people could actually be conscious around him.

I'll actually agree with the memento theory.

Oldboy
01-30-2005, 04:30 PM
I agree, it is something to do with his past. But not sure what it really is about.

Sawako
01-30-2005, 04:39 PM
I think I also saw a picture of him when he was realy little without the mask on, so I guess he started wearing it after a certaion event happened.

Jack Bauer
01-30-2005, 04:47 PM
^ Yeah it might hav been in one of the manga chaps. Dont know which one.

Also(spoiler) in that retarded Kakashi ep, why did Ramen shop owner also swooned? Is Kakashi THAT handsome?

Lammy
01-30-2005, 05:40 PM
Erm, the Ramen Girl and Ramen Man swooning in love over unmasked Kakashi is CANON as it appeared in the manga guys (check the manga section specials on narutofan)

Also, that ep was like, the best ever! lol but seriously, I really do believe he wears a mask because he's just too handsome and it's less troublesome if he wears one. No momento, no dodgy teeth, that's it.

EdwardElric
01-30-2005, 05:44 PM
No I don't think they've ever shown him without his mask on, or the picture would've gotten around already. And the "memento" you guys keep referring to is that short sword he uses. He probably just wears the mask to look cool, and to keep the ladies away.

Sh33p
01-30-2005, 06:07 PM
Has it ever occurred to anyone that he just likes wearing a mask? It probably makes him feel cooler or something. We`ve seen him sleeping without it after all(one of the manga covers).

And with regards to the keepsake thing: He was referring to the dagger he had in the Gaiden when he said that, not the mask.

Edit: *Looks at EdwardElric`s post.* ... Now I remember why I should read the second page before replying to any topic >_>

IaiJutsuMaster
01-30-2005, 06:13 PM
hmmmm, or maybe it's because he is a flippin' ninja and wheres a mask to hide his identity? idk. i just thought that's what ninjas do. :ninja <-----see

thomonkey
01-30-2005, 06:25 PM
the interviewed kishimoto and he said that at first he was gonna hve all ninjas wear masks, cuz he thiught they all should, but then realized that it would be hard to have a manga where you couldnt see their faaces. so he decided to just leave kakashi like that.

occasionalutopia
01-30-2005, 06:32 PM
I'm sure there's an exact same thread in the Konoha Library, but the search function is spazzing up on me, but anyway - thomonkey is right. Back in that Library thread I thought up emotional and practical reasons for him wearing the mask - only to have someone usefully point out the very simple and mundane reason from an interview with Kishimoto :smile-big

Q:: Why does he hide his face?
A:: I feel that ninjas are supposed to always hide themselves during their work. So when I introduced Kakashi I had most of his face covered up. Then as I kept introducing new characters I thought "Oh, manga is tough when you can't draw the facial expressions." So it ended up as Kakashi's special feature.

Read the whole interview here (http://www.brainfart.org/naruto/extras/zoominkakashi.htm).

Jack Bauer
01-30-2005, 07:11 PM
I read the interview. It sure answered all my questions about him.

Sol 3dge
01-30-2005, 09:50 PM
Able to woo anyone with it off, uses it to talk to people normally. see special chapter.

violetsky
02-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Q:: Why does he hide his face?
A:: I feel that ninjas are supposed to always hide themselves during their work. So when I introduced Kakashi I had most of his face covered up. Then as I kept introducing new characters I thought "Oh, manga is tough when you can't draw the facial expressions." So it ended up as Kakashi's special feature.
That might have been the start but he could have decided that there should be another reason why he wears the mask. for example everyone falls in love/lust with him when they see his face.

enkie
02-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Maybe he has bad breath.

Actually, come to think of it, his mask must smell like shit since he never takes it off. In fact, it's probably made of porous material which makes it susceptible to mold growth. Yuck.

occasionalutopia
02-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Phew, finally found that identical thread from the Konoha Library and merged with this.
That might have been the start but he could have decided that there should be another reason why he wears the mask. for example everyone falls in love/lust with him when they see his face.Yeah, I'm hoping Kishi's going tack on some other more interesting reason just to go along with Kakashi's coolness (re: post #17 of thread) :P
Actually, come to think of it, his mask must smell like shit since he never takes it off. In fact, it's probably made of porous material which makes it susceptible to mold growth. Yuck.[fandom rabidness of day]No way. Kakashi is so t3h awesomexorz, I bet his saliva comes equipped with anti-bacterial deodorising enzymes.[/fandom rabidness of day]

enkie
02-01-2005, 12:34 PM
[fandom rabidness of day]No way. Kakashi is so t3h awesomexorz, I bet his saliva comes equipped with anti-bacterial deodorising enzymes.[/fandom rabidness of day]

Believe me, I am Kakashi's No. 1 fan, but one does have to wonder whether his breath gets stale or not after a full day in that mask.

It's like this (and I dunno why I remember this from health ed), girls should not wear thongs because it increases the likely hood of getting yeast infection, because wet, germ-filled body crevices are just proned to such conditions. I think we could apply the same logic to Kakashi's mouth, when you wrap it up tight like that, it's prone to get the yeast infection equivilent condition.

Hydrophiliak
02-01-2005, 08:36 PM
I thought that the ramen girl and chef were swooning over how fast he could eat ramen...

violetsky
02-02-2005, 01:38 PM
I think we'll find this out in one of those flashbaack thingies. I would be funny if he had all golden teeth and has to hide other wise people will be blinded by the flash whenever he smiled.

Invisus
02-02-2005, 01:57 PM
You know that it's possible we've seen Kakashi without his mask and not even known it? Or that he might show up without the mask and we'll miss it?

Kakashi_Love inactive
07-24-2005, 04:11 PM
Kakashi's wears his mask because he's so good looking! His true face revealed below!!!^_^
http://img346.imageshack.us/img346/8937/buckteeth0so.gif (http://imageshack.us) :P

http://img346.imageshack.us/img346/8553/thicklip4nz.gif (http://imageshack.us):P

http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/2230/kfishlip5hw.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img346.imageshack.us/img346/8900/knomask5ll.gif (http://imageshack.us)
See, I wasn't lying! Is he hawt or what?!:amuse

TDM
07-24-2005, 06:34 PM
Hehe I was relieved that you weren't jsut tricking me several times. You make that?

Akatsuki™
07-24-2005, 06:50 PM
I don’t think this is a relevant question to ask, ninja's are traditionally known to wear masks. It’s like me asking 'why do the samurai carry swords and have long hair?’
Just like kishimoto said in his interview he wanted to make kakashi ‘seem mysterious’ and what not, such reasons are known to us already by the ninja tradition etc.
In addition many other ninja in naruto wear masks, should we question their motives behind that too?
Besides zabuza wore a mask and he took it off towards his demise perhaps this is the same cycle for kakashi, that we will only see his face before he dies!

TDM
07-24-2005, 09:16 PM
That's if he dies. If he does die before we see his face I'm gonna hurl my TV out the window.

Kakashi_Love inactive
07-24-2005, 10:05 PM
Hehe I was relieved that you weren't jsut tricking me several times. You make that?
LOL I wish, no I found it...it use to be somebody's avatar. It was so realistic that i had to save it!!!

SleepingDisaster
07-24-2005, 10:24 PM
hobby, and to keep fangirls away from him

bakasaru
07-25-2005, 09:27 AM
After finding out that Sakumo had the nickname of "White Fang", it made me think that maybe it's because the Hatake's are a family of Vampire Ninjas... there isn't really anything to back that up, but it's a thought.:D More likely though, it probably has to do with their bond with dogs. So maybe they do wear those masks because they're fang-boys.:D Yeah, there's a thought for the fan-girls out there. Fang-boy Kakashi... I can see them drooling right now.;)
lol exactly what came to my mind!glad to see that there's someone else who thought of it,I thought I was the only one! :laugh
I read kishi interview too and yeah,probably that's all there is to it but,come to think of it,the fangs would be uber-cool!eh eh but it's ok either way!:D

Uchiha Chris
07-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Good theory.
But this does indeed bring back memories of the 101 episode which was...strange... :S

Fire101
07-25-2005, 07:27 PM
I found a picture of his face from when he was a kid, and it totally explains why he has that mask.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/FireHH/butters.jpg

Uchiha Chris
07-25-2005, 07:29 PM
hahaha, you silly man :P

Peliqua
07-26-2005, 12:39 AM
Uhhh. Yea, sure, theres that... or he just wears one because its an interesting costume design...! :O

This mask thing is way too overthought. It's like saying, "OMG, why does Sasuke have a high collar?! IS HE HIDING SOMETHING!?"
I bet Kishimoto just thought it would be cool.
His father wears a mask too, as far as I know- So how would other people know what his father face looked like, in order to compare it to Kakashis?

Miss CCV
07-26-2005, 12:48 AM
The Ichiraku ramen chapter which was used to make episode 101 blows your statement to smithreens.

PWN3D. That's one of my favorite episodes too haha.

Kakashi's face is too smexy to be shown in public. He doesn't want fangirls (and fanboys) to harass him everyday... :P

Haha I kid...well not about his smexy looks though.

I bet under that mask, is an older version of Sasuke but a little better... :D

Sess
07-26-2005, 01:18 AM
Like people have said, some ninjas wear masks. However, whether it's an issue or not, I think Kakashi's father did wear a mask because.... Chiyo can't see very well but she saw white hair and a mask and thought Kakashi was his father.

Temari103
07-26-2005, 06:03 AM
Well, isnt it just like a character thing? :blink

Cuz then if you say Kakashi wears a mask you could say:

Why does Asuma have his `fire` napkin thingy around him?
Why does the sound 5 wear those BIG ribbons around there waist?

Same with Kakashi, he`s just how he is...lmao..Well probably he`s wearing a mask because he looks ugly..? WTF, that isnt right.....iunno

The Space Cowboy
07-26-2005, 06:16 AM
Kakashi wears a mask...because he has horrible allergies. Without the mask, with it's pollen-blocking goodness, the Copy-nin breaks out into uncontrollable sneezing which ruins his stealth capabilities.

Thus impaired, he can no longer ogle Ramen girl when she's in the hot springs without fear of death.

Kakashi_Love
07-26-2005, 06:17 AM
Kakashi's wears his mask because he's so good looking! His true face revealed below!!!^_^
http://img346.imageshack.us/img346/8937/buckteeth0so.gif (http://imageshack.us) :P

http://img346.imageshack.us/img346/8553/thicklip4nz.gif (http://imageshack.us):P

http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/2230/kfishlip5hw.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img346.imageshack.us/img346/8900/knomask5ll.gif (http://imageshack.us)
See, I wasn't lying! Is he hawt or what?!:amuse

that was cool! reps!

jkingler
07-26-2005, 06:57 AM
Well, I was going to make a new theory for this, and then I found this thread (I am writing this right before bed, so don't expect a cogent theory, but here goes):

I think it is entirely possible that Kakashi wears his mask to conceal not merely his looks, but some greater secret. His eyepatch wasn't an aesthetic choice, so it is also possible that the mouth covering mask isn't just for fashion.

Perhaps the Kakashi family has a bloodline limit that relies upon the mouth--that would be a welcome change, since doujutsu are getting stale.

I am not sure what kind of limit it would be--maybe it is a sound based genjutsu, maybe it is something similar to the mouth on Deidara's hand (that would prove interesting in the current Deidara v Naru&Kaka fight, wouldn't it?), maybe it is something else--use your imagination.

Perhaps the jutsu he only recently learned was a bloodline limit? Think about it: his shame over his father could have led him to ignore his family bloodline limit and become a powerful ninja in a different way. But then, confronted with the fact that his non-familial bloodline limit is not enough to beat true bloodline limit users such as Itachi, he decides to overcome his shame, reconcile himself with his past, and utilize the Kakashi bloodline limit.

Seriously, how awesome would Kakashi be with 2 bloodline limits? Given, they would both be underdeveloped at this point, compared to Itachi's sharingan, which he has trained for many, many years, and Sakumo's bloodline limit, which was refined over many years and in a time of crisis--the ninja wars--but that is OK. It would give Kakashi vast room for improvement and make him even more qualified than he already is to become Rokudaime, as many speculate he will, sooner or later.

Meh, it sounds interesting to me.

imchemist
07-26-2005, 07:57 AM
I'd way he's too attractive without the mask...it might be too distracting for his missions. Maybe he is not as good in hiding his expression as others, so he chooses to hide the face.

chauronity
07-26-2005, 08:33 AM
I think it is entirely possible that Kakashi wears his mask to conceal not merely his looks, but some greater secret. His eyepatch wasn't an aesthetic choice, so it is also possible that the mouth covering mask isn't just for fashion.

Perhaps the Kakashi family has a bloodline limit that relies upon the mouth--that would be a welcome change, since doujutsu are getting stale.

I am not sure what kind of limit it would be--maybe it is a sound based genjutsu, maybe it is something similar to the mouth on Deidara's hand (that would prove interesting in the current Deidara v Naru&Kaka fight, wouldn't it?), maybe it is something else--use your imagination.

Perhaps the jutsu he only recently learned was a bloodline limit? Think about it: his shame over his father could have led him to ignore his family bloodline limit and become a powerful ninja in a different way. But then, confronted with the fact that his non-familial bloodline limit is not enough to beat true bloodline limit users such as Itachi, he decides to overcome his shame, reconcile himself with his past, and utilize the Kakashi bloodline limit.

Seriously, how awesome would Kakashi be with 2 bloodline limits? Given, they would both be underdeveloped at this point, compared to Itachi's sharingan, which he has trained for many, many years, and Sakumo's bloodline limit, which was refined over many years and in a time of crisis--the ninja wars--but that is OK. It would give Kakashi vast room for improvement and make him even more qualified than he already is to become Rokudaime, as many speculate he will, sooner or later.

Meh, it sounds interesting to me.

Nice theory, but it would have been told already if the Hatake Family had one. He already has the implanted sharingan, so sharingan with *read the spoiler* would be too much for one character ... He'd be something like Orochimaru wants to be.

Hopefully Kakashi has finally... mastered the ultimate jutsu of his sensei, the Hiraishin no Jutsu (Flying Thunder God Technique) by Yondaime. That'd be cool...

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naruto_jutsu#Hiraishin_no_Jutsu_.28Flying_Thunder_ God_Technique.29 -

And I also believe that this mask is somekinda fashion tradition of the Hatake Family, something similar like the Inuzuka Family tradition to wear the red fangs paintings in cheeks etcetera...

SaSuKeViEiRa
07-26-2005, 03:05 PM
i think kakashi uses the mask to hide his emotions!!!

CrazyMoronX
07-26-2005, 04:06 PM
Well it's me, here to put this debate to rest:

There is a simple reason for why Kakashi wears his mask, or at least I finally came to accept this belief, and never thought twice about it. However, after doing a little self-reflection, and meditation, I had to ask. So, here it is, from Kishimoto's own mind, why Kakashi wears a mask:

"Kakashi is seen without his mask in my original Naruto chapter, my pilot as it is."

I went and downloaded that very first chapter, and he was nowhere to be seen without his mask at all anywhere.... so I asked again:

"Look harder"

I looked and looked for hours, painstakingly studying each page carefully scanning each cell... nothing... I asked again:

"Keep looking!"

Well I looked some more, but never found it. I have come to the simple conclusion, Kishimoto just wants us to go crazy trying to figure it out, and will probably never reveal his true face. Unless I missed something....................... I'm gonna go check!!!!!!!

Hef
07-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Well it's me, here to put this debate to rest:

There is a simple reason for why Kakashi wears his mask, or at least I finally came to accept this belief, and never thought twice about it. However, after doing a little self-reflection, and meditation, I had to ask. So, here it is, from Kishimoto's own mind, why Kakashi wears a mask:

"Kakashi is seen without his mask in my original Naruto chapter, my pilot as it is."

I went and downloaded that very first chapter, and he was nowhere to be seen without his mask at all anywhere.... so I asked again:

"Look harder"

I looked and looked for hours, painstakingly studying each page carefully scanning each cell... nothing... I asked again:

"Keep looking!"

Well I looked some more, but never found it. I have come to the simple conclusion, Kishimoto just wants us to go crazy trying to figure it out, and will probably never reveal his true face. Unless I missed something....................... I'm gonna go check!!!!!!!
"In my pilot"... I see it as something that he didn't publish. :headscrat

Anyways, I think that he conceals his face because he doesn't want to be recognized as Sakumo's son. But then he'd shave his head... oh well. :amuse

Akatsuki™
07-26-2005, 08:01 PM
There should be another thread like this for 'why the heck not'!!!!!!!!!

meekozy
07-27-2005, 03:39 AM
.......Because if he takes off his mask all the girls in konoha would rape him.......See Ayame's reaction? EVEN THE OLD MAND WANTED TO MAKE SWEET LOVE TO HIM!!!!AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss CCV
07-27-2005, 03:45 AM
i think kakashi uses the mask to hide his emotions!!!

That's what I actually think too.

crazyaznweirdo45
07-29-2005, 06:19 PM
cause kakashi is a stickler for shinobi rules and one of them says to never show emotion. so with his mask he cant show emotion

Seon
08-10-2005, 07:29 AM
well< I know this mays eemw ay out there but I personally think Kakashi has the Curse Seal mark on his lip or cheek and that's why he hides it under his mask. It seems pretty Obvious that Orochimaru knows Kakashi.Kakashi,usually,isn't afraid of his opponents, I mean he wasn't afriad of Itachi,who is stronger than Orochimaru,but for some reason Kakashi was petrified of Orochimaru,like Orochimaru did something to him in the past. Like Oro knows Kakashi a while back when Oro was still a jounin teacher. Not just Anko,but Kakashi aswell. He probably saw something amazing in him aswell and decided to put the curse seal on him. THis makes sense,because Kakashi some how new a seal that could preven tthe curse seal from acting up,coincience i don't think so.^_^

noiz
08-10-2005, 07:55 AM
well< I know this mays eemw ay out there but I personally think Kakashi has the Curse Seal mark on his lip or cheek and that's why he hides it under his mask. It seems pretty Obvious that Orochimaru knows Kakashi.Kakashi,usually,isn't afraid of his opponents, I mean he wasn't afriad of Itachi,who is stronger than Orochimaru,but for some reason Kakashi was petrified of Orochimaru,like Orochimaru did something to him in the past. Like Oro knows Kakashi a while back when Oro was still a jounin teacher. Not just Anko,but Kakashi aswell. He probably saw something amazing in him aswell and decided to put the curse seal on him. THis makes sense,because Kakashi some how new a seal that could preven tthe curse seal from acting up,coincience i don't think so.^_^

Yay! That is the best explanation I've heard this far. :)
That would also explain why he "freezes" and says: "Fight him? Am I mad?" when he meets Orochimaru while sealing Sasuke's seal. :| So I think he must have some connection to Orochimaru in the past.

therealultimatepower
08-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Like people said before, in the ramen house, the owners were about to rape him. If he fought without his mask, the sexiness would be unbearable for everyone. THere would be no enemies to fight anymore. If Sasuke didn't want to be bothered by all those girls, he should have copied Kakashi.

Kakashi's mask is an example of the most basic (and arguably lazy) technique in story telling. If there is something so profound or built up, the best way is to cleverly never reveal it. Like in Forest Gump when he was in Washington D.C. about to give the best damn speech ever and then the Army guy conveniently pulls the plug. We never get to see or hear the ridiculously profound thing, but we know it's there. I think that works better when words can't possibly explain the prfound thing. In Kakashi's case, I don't think there is a face that can do him justice. So why not cover it up?

Frozen222
08-10-2005, 03:59 PM
You know why he wears a mask over his mouth? It's because his breath smells so bad that it'll kill anyone who breathes it in. That could also be his new "it" move. He removes his mask and goes "Haa" in his opponent's face and kills them. It may sound stupid, but why else would Kakashi wear that thing besides just to look cool?

Mr. Slick
08-17-2005, 11:23 PM
i think kakashi looks most like a stereotypical ninja, with shuikens and the mask, i mean if a person who didn't read/watch naruto saw gaara, naruto, neji or lee, there is no way they would think they looked like ninjas. PEople normally associate stealth with ninjas

MarlboroShinobi
08-18-2005, 05:58 PM
:huh Wrong wrong wrong people. Let's not look into things too much. He wears a mask because its a mask. There isn't anything underneath it, or some cheesy bloodline limit. Get real...

The White Fang probably wore a mask too.....maybe that's why Kakashi does it..to look like his father.

Mcscab
04-29-2007, 10:50 AM
I got this theory and I need to get it out of my head and I might aswell get it out and put it right here.

So after we have read the kakashi gaiden under these weeks we have found out that kakashi had some family problem and that's no a very uncommon thing in this series.
However, yondaime said that kakashis father was great and all that and that he chosed his companions lives and broke the rules over the success of the missions.
And becuse of that, he was disgraced by the village and even his companions.

So that lead to the conclusion that kakashi is ashamed of his father and is ashamed that his face looks so much like his father, that's why he hides his face.
And so, over the years wearing his mask he get used to it and won't take it of, even after he gets over it, about his father I mean.

this is my theory, if you got your own, you could just write it down here.
u dumb dumb hey weaars the mask to conserve his chakra because the sharingon eye implanted into him puts an anormous strain on his body...................der

Kaiwai
04-29-2007, 11:55 AM
Indeed. Hell, even the old guy running the joint looked to be seriously considering homosexuality.

hahahahahah! seriously!

I think I heard this before. Well, it's a very possible theory.

Uzumaki
04-29-2007, 11:58 AM
hasnt this been done once before? or is it Twice?

Hasan
04-30-2007, 01:03 PM
I may be able to clear it.
First of all,All of Hatake Kakashi and Sakumo fans know that Sakumo was disgraced by the Village of Konoha.
If you have seen Shippuuden Episode 11 Ebizou,the Old man with Chiyo says when they come to know about that Kakashi is White Fang's son.He says,

"No Wonder.You are spitting the image of him."

The reason why Kakashi wears mask might be that his father used to wear it
OR
Kakashi looks like his father and wears mask because if he unmask himself He might get the same feelings that his father got and remember the grieved loss of His Father.

Reika Noko
04-30-2007, 09:33 PM
ok you guys wanna know what he looks like? well here it is:
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs13/f/2007/088/d/8/Kakashi_by_Reika_Noko.jpg
......SCREENSHOT PROOF!:P

Majin_Itachi
05-01-2007, 07:54 PM
^ Not real my friend, just a picture some poor soul made

Mangekyō
05-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Reika i hope you knew that, because that picture is quite old...

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum